1.    #1  
    ok so hears the deal.
    all i wanted was for my pre to sync with the new ituens.
    i downloaded the new webos update and it still didn't work.
    figuring that itunes on my machine must be screwed up i decided to wait a week later for my win 7 and start fresh....
    ok so im now on my new win 7 (which is quite awesome i might add) and i have a fresh copy of itunes..... i try and sync but still no.
    if i plug my pre in itunes launches but doesn't show up.

ok so i then figured my pre was in need of a reset. i did a full erase but when i did a full erase it brought back my old theme (yes it had a theme before the erase).
    thinking the device couldn't have possibly done a full erase i tried using the webOS doctor. and here lies my new issue the doctor sees my device and starts the recovery procedure but then it says "battery charging" and my pre goes black and shows the USB symbol in white. the doctor continues to say charging then it tells me that my phone was disconnected. after i unplug my phone it stays on that black screen until i reset it (by holding the on button and flipping the reset switch 3 times). the phone doesn't need to be charged cause ive done it while it was at %98.

ive called support but they couldn't help. as of now im going back to my local sprint store and seeing if i can exchange it. if i have to ill bring my laptop (with vista and 7) and show them it will not reset.

on top of that, as of now it wont let me do a full erase, when i click the button the app dims and locks up

PLEASE help!!!!
  2.    #2  
    i replaced the phone so this error is no longer an issue.
    it will be if you try to sync again lol with the new update that is. so if you have not updated itunes then dont until it gets fixed again
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4.    #4  
    is there any known problems with the webOS dr and win7/vista. just replaced phone and the DR WILL NOT WORK.
    ive tried using my laptop (running vista) and my desktop (running win 7).

im having so many issues with the pre experience
    did you forget dev mode on the pre?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    besides why do you need to doctor it already you just got it didnt you???
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Why do you need WebDR if you just got the Pre? Also, don't update your itunes!!! Apple broke the sync. Stay at itunes 9.1.x

Don't update to itunes 9.2.0.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    besides why do you need to doctor it already you just got it didnt you???
    well first of all the NEW Pre wont work with the Dr. anyways. so im just curious if there is an issue with the DR and win vista/7

secendly: my new pre is also malfunctioning. the microphone is **** ppl cant hear me unless i shout. (it to is getting replaced)
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought there was a new version of iTunes released which broke the sync with the Palm Pre again... I think we might have to wait until the next Palm update for them to fix this issue (yet again).

I think there are a few third-party application you can use at the moment. You can also drag and drop your iTunes music folder onto the Pre through USB mode and I think the Pre actually organizes them properly, artwork and all (I remember trying this once before).
    Just don't update iTunes you tools!!!!!

<Goodness> man, I haven't updated iTunes since 6.5 or whatever it was on. Not this iTunes 9 crap with genius and taking up another hundred MB of my HD.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 11/04/2009 at 09:41 AM.