Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have been waiting on Fido/Rogers in Canada, like many others in the US on AT&T for a Palm Pre that will work on the 850MHz UTMS (3G) band.

Can anyone confirm device details or provide any other news on the TELCEL Mexico version of the Palm Pre? TELCEL's UTMS is on the 850MHz band from what I can tell...

...want to keep hope alive.
    i'm holding out hope too. Since the US and Mexico use the same GSM bands, wouldn't that mean it would be compatible with AT&T?
    Yes, both AT&T and Rogers/Fido.
    Quote Originally Posted by spectralfish View Post
    i'm holding out hope too. Since the US and Mexico use the same GSM bands, wouldn't that mean it would be compatible with AT&T?
    Does this link help?
    Palm Pre GSM NA Specs | Technical Specifications | PDAdb.net - Comprehensive Database of PDA, PDA Phone, Smartphone, PNA & Mobile Device Specifications
    Hi, does this link help?
    Palm Pre GSM NA Specs | Technical Specifications | PDAdb.net - Comprehensive Database of PDA, PDA Phone, Smartphone, PNA & Mobile Device Specifications
  6.    #6  
    I appreciate the link showing a device with NA UTMS bands. I guess what I was hoping or was some intelligence around the timing of this device and if anyone knows for a FACT that the TELCEL UTMS network is on the 850MHz band...I know wikipedia says this but has anyone ever travelled there and used 3G on their phone or has anyone used a TELCEL handset in North America?

Thanks in Advance for any answers...
    YES! TelCel and AT&T use the same bands for 3G.

I would expect the Telcel Mexico Palm Pre to be locked, therefore you'd need to get it unlocked before it will work on AT&T.
    List of UMTS networks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Telcel Mexico 2008-02-01 February 2008 850/1900
    I think I now need to invest in a Rebel SIM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    My dreams have been realized! :')
    Might want to give this company a call on Nov 27th. They're a Telcel and MoviStar reseller with an office located in San Diego/National City California just north of the Mexican border . Don't freak out at the prices, they're in pesos, not dollars.

ABCELL Wireless

San Diego California: (619) 708-5177 or (619) 502-9198

Web Site:
    MercadoLibre - ABCELL WIRELESS - La Tecnologia en tus manos
    Fliers:
    Bienvenido a ABCELL.BIZ Celulares Al Mayoreo
    Email:
    abcell.wireless@gmail.com

San Diego California: 619-708-5177 or 619-502-9198
    Monterrey Mex: 81-8421-2515
    Guadalajara: 33-8421-1757
    Mexico D.F: 55-8421-5956
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 11/15/2009 at 02:33 AM.
    Sign me up if there's a group buy going on!!!
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Site is no longer password protected:

Palm Treo Pro ::: Telcel

But man, they do need some better web developers. Look at the title and the Pre radio status. It's a Treo Pro that looks like a Pre with a CDMA radio that runs on a GSM network.

Just today, just wait.
    Hooray! Its out today on telcel. Its just a matter of time before i can import it to AT&T in the states. If anyone finds a reliable way to import one (other than ebay), please notify me. Tanks.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I've been looking everywhere, can't even find them on ebay or the telcel site
    Now it is on Telcel site Just click on Pre image.
    Yo soy Telcel
    Can you actually buy it on the Telcel site? I looked around and couldnt figure it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by chicubs View Post
    Can you actually buy it on the Telcel site? I looked around and couldnt figure it out.
    I think they don´t have this option yet. From telcel you can choose the online store option and they send you to the link below. I surfed this site link and when I made a search of Palm devices , pop up before models but not the Pre ???

I don´t know if one have to register to have that info? Suggest make a try.

CelularKit - Tienda dedicada a la venta de amigo kit y planes tarifarios con atención a subdistribuidores y el único con entrega a domicilio
    will it be possible for me to use it with a fido simcard (canada)? How do you unlock it? And it's still not listed on telcel...
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Its already listed in the Telcel website

Yo soy Telcel

I'm having my cousin who lives in mexico go into telcel store tomorrow see if he can buy it without a contract. **crosses fingers**
    -rob3rtx
    Old Phones: Sidekick 2 - MotoSLVR L7 - Blackberry Pearl 8100 - Samsung BlackJack II - Pantech Duo
    Apple iPhone 8GB - HTC Touch Pro (Fuze) - Samsung Eternity - Nokia E71-2 - Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
    Apple iPhone 3G 16GB - Nokia N97

Current: HTC Magic - Apple iPhone 3GS 32GB - BlackBerry Pearl 8110
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast