Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayan View Post
    Telcel's PrPrPré $is$ $priced$ $at$ $$7179$ $pesos$ $which$ $is$ $about$ $$552$ $USD$.

You can get it contract free.

As a matter of fact, I'm going to pick mine up TODAY! Yeah!

Only downside is that it's SIM locked to Telcel, but I'm sure you guys can figure that part out!

Cheers!
    Rayan
    Did you end up buying one?
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Might want to give this company a call on Nov 27th. They're a Telcel and MoviStar reseller with an office located in San Diego/National City California just north of the Mexican border . Don't freak out at the prices, they're in pesos, not dollars.
    ABCELL Wireless
    San Diego California: (619) 502-9198
    Monterrey Mex: 81-8421-2515
    Guadalajara: 33-8421-1757
    Mexico D.F: 55-8421-5956
    Here's my Telcel GSM Palm Pre for use on AT&T (with 3G!).
    It's finally on its way to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Congrats!! Can you post pics or a video of you using it on AT&T 3g when you get it? You would be the first person I've found on the net to do this.
    How are you unlocking it? Rebel SIM?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by biggdaddyt View Post
    Congrats!! Can you post pics or a video of you using it on AT&T 3g when you get it? You would be the first person I've found on the net to do this.
    will do.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    How are you unlocking it? Rebel SIM?
    ABCELL in San Diego is going to try to get it unlocked for me today. If they succeed, then I will be buying TWO one for me and one for my GF. But if they do not succeed, then I will buy only one and put a rebel sim II into it.
    Must be rebel sim since telcel only provides certain phone with unlock codes!
    ABCELL in San Diego is going to try to get it unlocked for me today. If they succeed, then I will be buying TWO one for me and one for my GF. But if they do not succeed, then I will buy only one and put a rebel sim II into it.
    Did you emailed them or call them? I emailed them but they have a unique email. It ask be to join the secure email list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmw135i View Post
    Must be rebel sim since telcel only provides certain phone with unlock codes!
    Apparently their technician is quite good and may have a way! Crossing my fingers, toes and eyes.
    Did you emailed them or call them? I emailed them but they have a unique email. It ask be to join the secure email list.
    email and i will send you a PM with an alternate email for them.
    Pm me please with the alternative email.
    Apparently their technician is quite good and may have a way! Crossing my fingers, toes and eyes.
    I'm in san Diego, maybe I can pick one up in person.
    I'm in san Diego, maybe I can pick one up in person.
    You can also call them . They do answer the phone. Abraham is the guys name.
    You can also call them . They do answer the phone. Abraham is the guys name.
    Nice... Well, I just emaield him and waiting for him to respond. I might give him a call this afternoon.
    If it's all good do you think you can help us get one too?? There was an interest list a few posts ago, and I was on it.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Well, it all depends on if the seller could even get more. i don't mind being the middle man if I make a few bucks here and there.. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    If it's all good do you think you can help us get one too?? There was an interest list a few posts ago, and I was on it.
    Everyone settle down. No need for a middleman. I've already set things up with the supplier so that anyone from PreCentral.net who wants one from him can get one from him and he will not price gauge you. Contact the guy directly. I've posted his San Diego contact number and his email address earlier in this same thread.

Apparently there's a limited availability of units that can be sold non-contract (for now) but the plus side of using a RebelSIM II card is that if you do not unlock these locked Telcel Palm Pre's, he says they come with a 1 year Telcel warranty. All the more reason to use a RebelSIM II card and leave the thing locked for the first year. By then it's possible unlock codes will be more readily available.

Background info for those of you with burning questions:
    We're working two separate fronts with the first batch. One Pre will be tested right out of the box with a Rogers Canada SIM using a RebelSIM II card. Those results will be available by this weekend. We're pursuing unlocking of another one, however, if unlocking at this early stage isn't feasable without risking turning the phone into a brick, the attempt will be abandoned and an AT&T SIM using a Rebel SIM II card with the Pre still locked to Telcel will be utilized.

Planning to share the results and answer those burning RebelSIM / unlock questions before this weekend. He claims to have another batch of these TelCel Palm Pre's coming in to San Diego on Friday.

Call or email him to get on the list, and remember to mention TopTongueBarry or Precentral.net to get the best price.
    .... Contact the guy directly. I've posted his San Diego contact number and his email address earlier in this same thread.
    Call or email him to get on the list, and remember to mention TopTongueBarry or Precentral.net to get the best price.
    Is the generic email address you posted on 11/14 (abcell.wireless@gmail.com) good for the San Diego contact, or is a that a generic email. If generic, can you share the email address for your San Diego contact?

BTW, thanks for paving the way. Can't wait to hear about the results of your efforts.
  19.    #59  
    I know I started this thread so I will report...I'm the guy getting the second device, Abraham only has two so far from his supplier.

My biggest question is how this phone is going to be activated since I do not want to mess with the warranty...
    Quote Originally Posted by pcbrew View Post
    Is the generic email address you posted on 11/14 (abcell.wireless@gmail.com) good for the San Diego contact, or is a that a generic email. If generic, can you share the email address for your San Diego contact?

BTW, thanks for paving the way. Can't wait to hear about the results of your efforts.
    abcell.wireless@gmail.com is the direct email address. It has spam protection enabled, so you will receive a reply after your initial email how to be cleared for sending email to him. Follow the instructions on that initial reply and your email will then be delivered to that email address. After that, your emails will all go through when you send them.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast