Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Hey guys.
    Bought the pre 6 days after launch. I was quite excited.
    I was assured by online sources and some unreliable Sprint people that the Palm Pre will be having video recording soon.

June... July... August... September... October, and November is right around the corner.

So when is soon?
    Not until at least March of 2010.

I forgot where but during some interview it was asked and it was late first quarter 2010 and someone had posted it in another thread.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I am glad that I dont' care about video recording.
    What did Palm themselves say? Can't remember at the moment...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    I just need it by mid-jan. (that's when my wife's due )
    -mark
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    -mark
    If I were you, I'd use a real camcorder. There's no phone on the market that I'd rely on for such an occasion.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    If I were you, I'd use a real camcorder. There's no phone on the market that I'd rely on for such an occasion.
    Sure - but camcorders aren't always there..

My Pre on the other hand is always in my pocket.
    -m
    Sure - but camcorders aren't always there..

My Pre on the other hand is always in my pocket.
    -m
    When it gets close you really need to have a duffle bag with clothes for the hospital and all in it... Just stash a camcorder in there.... and carry that bad boy everywhere you go. Don't do what I did and wait til the last minute that is horrible and only makes the labor pains worse due to the stress.
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom2Ninjas View Post
    When it gets close you really need to have a duffle bag with clothes for the hospital and all in it... Just stash a camcorder in there.... and carry that bad boy everywhere you go. Don't do what I did and wait til the last minute that is horrible and only makes the labor pains worse due to the stress.
    I think he meant more for when the kid is out and about in the world. The random unexpected occasions. Not the birth itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    I think he meant more for when the kid is out and about in the world. The random unexpected occasions. Not the birth itself.
    Duh! LOL....

Fail for me.

Course, by then... The Pre should have the video recording feature and he definitely mentioned her due date.... So who knows. Either way it is kinda silly that it is taking so long to get on the phone.
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre
    -mark
    congrats!

hopefully by then, if palm hasn't offered a solution, the homebrew community will have made inroads to a less complicated recording solution.

I have a feeling that, in the first few months, you won't think twice about lugging a decent camera with you along with the other accoutrement of new-parenthood.

besides, Its a great time to (if you can afford it of course) convince your wife you need a new DSLR with HD recording AND one of those flipHD recorders.
    There are four lights.
    Gotcha, makes sense.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    besides, Its a great time to (if you can afford it of course) convince your wife you need a new DSLR with HD recording AND one of those flipHD recorders.
    thanks I actually have a canon 5d mark II which shoots 1080p (I'm a photographer in SF - http://mvgals.net ) - but I don't anticipate lugging it around all the time..

-m
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    right
    -m