1.    #1  
    hi,

got my pre-ty phone a couple of weeks ago. since then i installed all the apps i liked and tweaked it just the way i wanted it. then a few days ago, i noticed that the phone had slowed down dramatically. i wasn't sure if it was the homebrew apps or what but it was like if the phone was on a slow-motion setting. i downloaded the DOCTOR, which reset my phone to original settings. all the tweaks were gone, and right afterwards the phone was a perky as new.
    so now the question is that what is it that made my pre slow. was it the tweaks or spyware. (if any, i am new to phone apps.) i liked all the tweaks but not at the cost of a smart/slow pre.
    i am also trying to figure out how to install apps without getting that (not enough memory) alert. read some threads, i seems prety complicated. i am wonding if there is a app to direct the location of new apps. that would be cool.

thanks guys for any replies in advance.
    It was probably just an app which had a memory leak, usually those can be fixed by restarting the phone.

Spyware isn't the same in relation to a phone, especially in regards to the Pre so it wasn't an issue with that.
  3.    #3  
    thanks.
    should i just stick with apps from the app catalog. and what do u think about tweaks. can they somehow slow the phone down?
    Quote Originally Posted by rai aslam View Post
    thanks.
    should i just stick with apps from the app catalog. and what do u think about tweaks. can they somehow slow the phone down?
    There are some tweaks that could conceivably slow the phone down. There are also probably some apps that will introduce memory leaks. You really shoudn't let either of those issues scare you away from tweaking and HomeBrew apps.

There are apps from the App Catalog that have memory issues. I would say a better bet is next time you see the device slowing down, don't doctor it, just reset it.