View Poll Results: Do you see your evdo and 1x constantly turning on and off?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

9 75.00%
  • no

3 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1.    #1  
    weird thing I see my data constantly updating up at the top evdo to 1x so I just left it at 1x throgh settings but drains it quick. So I did a test and turned off my data and left wifi on and my battery barely moves all day. There has to be an issue with the pre constantly checkibg emails or something else its doing all day. I have my emails set to check every hour screen brightness on its lowest and I even have an extended battery. It will usually get me through a day of usage but I find this odd that I can see the data constantly going on and off all the time. I've also done many resets on the phone as well removed patches just thk this is odd!
    The reason it flips back an forth is because of signal strength, not that your using data, and yes it really drains battery life. The only real solution is to try to be somewhere with a better signal.
  3.    #3  
    its not that I have it set to 1x only since I'm using the airave and my email is set up for manual only but it still checks my email sounds like a bug with the email frequency
    I'm not sure about the email, but it will update if you open the email application/mailbox, this is considered manually checking it.

If it's still updating emails you should probably just set it to a day instead as I know that works.

However, the icon for 1x and Ev does not switch when you are using the data or not. It shows Ev when you have 3g capabilities and shows 1x when the 3g signal is too weak.
    This happens to me at work were I usually have 5 bars EV. SO it cant possibly be signal strength. I can see the cell towers from my desk.
    I can watch mine it will have two bars and then I hit refresh on my open web page and the bars shoot up to max ....so data has something to do with it I'm sure .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    right this sec. I have 3 bars and ev is of and as soon as I hit post reply ev will turn white and send this post and the bars will go up and when I'm donr it will go back to 3 bars and ev not on .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    old news. for as much as i love my pre, it can find every dead spot in sprints service. can't wait till vz pre next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    right this sec. I have 3 bars and ev is of and as soon as I hit post reply ev will turn white and send this post and the bars will go up and when I'm donr it will go back to 3 bars and ev not on .
    I always figured this was because the icons were in conservative mode and only really tried to connect when you do something, where it seems to update much less, usually staying at full bar at least 15 seconds after I've lost connection.

As far as knowing if you have good signal strength or not at your location I haven't found a way to really tell, I can see two towers from where I am but whenever I connect to gps the tower it picks up is pretty far from where I am. I do know not all the towers here are for sprint, or send the Ev signal.
    Mine goes from EVOD 3 bars to 1x 1 bar then nothing. Sometimes I will try to do something and it will say no data then a second later EVDO is back.
    You are defeating the whole purpose of IMAP idle by setting your email to check mannually. If you set your email to "As it arrives" your Pre will only connect to the mail sever when you have a new email. This will usually use much less juice. Give it a try.

Your 1X / EVDO changing all the time is a sign that you are in a very weak signal area. This will eat battery like crazy.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011