1.    #1  
    I'm new to the Palm Pre (today as it happens) and I'm going to be doing some learning and some posting....

My first question (I've searched for this) is this - can I change what the mail icon on the "home" screen does? I don't want to open emails by default - I'd rather go to texts - is this possible?

(I'll also be looking for how to set a different text tone too, but I've found something for that - I'll work on that one later)

Thanks

JTW
    Quote Originally Posted by james_tigerwoods View Post
    can I change what the mail icon on the "home" screen does? I don't want to open emails by default - I'd rather go to texts - is this possible?
    No...but you can replace it with the messaging shortcut.

Press the launcher
    Press and hold the Mail icon on the launcher bar and wait for it to highlight.
    Drag it on to the launcher page
    Press and hold the Messaging icon and wait for it to highlight.
    Drag it to the launcher bar.
    you can rearrange icons on your launch bar. First hold the icon in question for a few secs then drag it into the launcher with other apps. Then drag the app you want using the same manner above, into the launcher bar.

( launcher bar being that home screen bar.)

also you may want to try leaving the messaging app open. As long as you close the browser regularly, ost other apps are pretty easy on the battery when left in a card, and instant to access that way.
  4.    #4  
    How? I can't find anything/anywhere to do/set it
  5.    #5  
    Wow, that was some fast response there guys - It's all set and done - it's so obvious, I didn't even think of it.

Now I need some games....
    swipe up to get to the launch icon screen, hold and drag the envelope to the icon screen (ie launch menu) now grab and drag messaging down into the launch bar.