Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    i see an update coming next week in the fortune teller app ha ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  2. fid
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomepatrol View Post
    Your hotel analogy doesn't apply.
    Sure it does.... He's still talking about it
    Global Posts
    1,008 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Are you really suggesting that iPhone (with the original iPhone) did something more than add a phone to the iTouch?

They basically "dipped a couple toes into the pool" that Palm and RIM created. There was no "plan" (which is why they didn't have an App Store or an SDK for a year).

The Pre may not be a radical departure, but it is a departure from the iPhone model. Would you like me to count the ways?
    Well, given that the iPod Touch came out many months *after* the iPhone, I don't think your first hypothesis is true. Honestly, can't you check your facts?

The Pre is a departure from the iPhone, but not enough that it defines or redefines a category, like the iPhone did to its predecessors. The Pre would have had an impact in 2007, but in 2009 it's merely one more touchscreen device that follows in the footsteps of the iPhone. If the Pre really did something new and noteworthy, I think the market would have noticed by now.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by s219 View Post
    Well, given that the iPod Touch came out many months *after* the iPhone, I don't think your first hypothesis is true. Honestly, can't you check your facts?

The Pre is a departure from the iPhone, but not enough that it defines or redefines a category, like the iPhone did to its predecessors. The Pre would have had an impact in 2007, but in 2009 it's merely one more touchscreen device that follows in the footsteps of the iPhone. If the Pre really did something new and noteworthy, I think the market would have noticed by now.
    My bad, I didn't keep up with the devices at the time, and simply remembered that both came out pretty close to the same time. My point is still the same though. Apple took their media player platform, and added phone capabilites. There were other "neat" add-ons, such as the multi-touch screen and the accelerometer, but the notion that the road the iPhone has taken was somehow planned out is nonsense. They "dipped their toes" in the pool, recognized what was working, and capitalized on it. That's a good thing, but the fact that they introduced the Touch 3 1/2 months later (which pretty clearly indicates they were working on both at the same time) says a lot about where they thought their future lay.

Personally, I think Palm hasn't concentrated enough (so far) on what makes the Palm stand out from other similar devices - and that's Synergy; however, the device is still a baby. I suspect that Palm is still looking to see what they've stirred up by "dipping their toes in the pool". The fact that they're hiring engineers may indicate they've decide what aspects of the device folks like the most.

In the meantime, I'm still enjoying the heck out of mine.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Palm has always been known for their devices in organization. since the beginning, i never thought that this phone (pre) was going to be a media phone rather it exceeded my expectations of what it could do as a media player. I love the multi-task and synergy. I really bought this phone because of its history of palm pilots. my first was the zire 72. it had bluetooth to my phone but still had to carry 2 devices, then my centro, although i liked the media aspect lacked. then my pre, my best organizer by far. and i got rid of my mp3 player.

the iphone, rather apple, has well been known for the media players, mostly ipods. when it came out that an ipod was going to add a phone everyone went crazy. i never owned an ipod but at the time even i thought it was cool. A full functioning media player that lets me make calls. wow. I never bought it though. people were just crazed that they didnt have to carry two devices, a mp3 player (ipod) and their phones.

The pre is within the new iphones reach, as far as technology, even though apples iphone has a few years ahead of them. i think it will grow in the market, sprint has never really been my favorite until now!!!

LONG LIVE MY PRE!!!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123