1.    #1  
    Stopped in at both Best Buy and a Sprint store to see if there was a small chance they'd match Amazon's price. Of course not.

The Sprint rep recommended buying from his store because they would back up my old phone for me. The Best Buy rep recommended buying from either BB or Sprint because he claims any warranty or other issue would have to be handled by mail with Amazon, and that Sprint stores would not help me.

Not sure if I believe that and wanted to confirm. Aside from having to wait a few days longer to get it in my hands and the inability to check immediately for factory defects before accepting the phone, is there anything else I should consider before purchasing a Pre from Amazon?
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    None.
    -mark
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Not really. If you can wait a few days, you probably will save some $ or at least get any rebates instantly. The Sprint stores, although they may not like it as much, but they will always help support you as you will STILL have a Sprint product.
    Sprint is still going to support your phone when you activate the phone service you can still get Sprint's insurance. Your only downside is in your first 30 days you can't walk into a Sprint store and get a new in box replacement if you don't like the build of yours.
    I got my Pre from Amazon.com. The only downside was it took Amazon about 10 days to ship. Sprint activated the phone and shipped it to them, then they shipped it to me.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    Sprint is still going to support your phone when you activate the phone service you can still get Sprint's insurance. Your only downside is in your first 30 days you can't walk into a Sprint store and get a new in box replacement if you don't like the build of yours.
    This is the biggest problem, and why I chose BB. If you get a bad build quality Pre, you're kind of stuck with Amazon for replacement. Sprint won't take your Oreo pre from Amazon and replace it for you.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I bought both a Pre and a Pixi from Amazon.

Now it looks like I have a volume button issue on my Pre. I'm taking it to the Sprint store today to see if they will help.
    Why wouldn't a Sprint store take care of you for warranty work?

And the only thing I'm aware of with Amazon to be careful of is, if you read their contract terms, you have to be on time with your first 6 months of payment or they'll charge you full price for the phone.

Which of course isn't an issue, I know, because everyone on the internet makes at least 100k a year and has a 750+ credit score.