1.    #1  
    I've read the numerous complaints about the lack of color in the month view of the calendar. I too have tired of looking at the dull gray. It's useful to know something is blocked out, but when you have 7 calendars like I do, a little color to indicate which calendar has an appointment would be helpful.

So I click on the button in the upper right and select 1 calendar to view instead of the default ALL CALENDARS. What do you know, the gray shading stays in place that designates time blocks, but the selected calendar shows up in color over top of the gray. Cycle through the calendars and each one shows up. That's very useful. I didn't know about that!

I don't know how difficult it is to have all the colors at once, but it's nice to know that it is color capable. So, did everyone know this and I was the last to know or not?
    Colours? I can't even set monthly calendar as default view, any clue?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Check Preware in the patch catagory
    the patch does not show different colors in the month view, which is what the OP is asking for.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    palm needs to upgrade the color coding system. there are only 8 colors available, and hence, only 8 calendars can be kept of the phone. most people won't hit that limit but with google now offering things like sports, religious and national holiday calendars you can run into the limit pretty quickly.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    Colours? I can't even set monthly calendar as default view, any clue?
    If you have preware installed, the patch to default to the monthly view is pretty easily installed. If you don't have Preware installed, you should really look into it. It opens up the phone to a lot of capabilities.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    palm needs to upgrade the color coding system. there are only 8 colors available, and hence, only 8 calendars can be kept of the phone. most people won't hit that limit but with google now offering things like sports, religious and national holiday calendars you can run into the limit pretty quickly.
    Yes, it's amazing how fast you can use up the colors. Add weather, holidays, a couple of your kids sports and it's done. Actually, While google has 21 choices of color, there all too close. they need a broader spectrum!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    the patch does not show different colors in the month view, which is what the OP is asking for.
    Actually, I was really just commenting that you can see color in the month view, just one at a time.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Anyone here help?

On my pre i have a default "Palm Profile" calendar which appears to override my Google calender and turn days grey (in month view, which is what I use most/default to.

I have also set up two calenders in Google (my only other synch accounts to the Pre) - called "General" and "Rest Days".

I have given both calendars different colours, to (I hoped) allow me to see in the Month view, couloured days at a glance - not unlike a wall planner.

Trouble is, the grey overrides everything till you alter the view in the top right corner.

Then, with that top right switch toggled to "General", whilst the "General" calendar colour (Blue if that is important) seems to sit with the Palm (default) grey in MOST of the appts (some seem to be missing), when the top right button is toggled to the "Rest Days" calendar (set to Red) - NOTHING!!

Help - am at my wits end!!
  10.    #10  
    My understanding of it is the gray is the default color when showing all calendars. It signifies all your blocked out time. When you choose an individual calendar for display, that color shows for the appropriate blocked out time, while the gray remains for the other calendars. Gray is equal to all appointments and the color is associated with the specific calendar in view at that time.
    Would it be impossible to create a patch that allows icons instead of colors? On that same note, would it also be impossible to create a patch that allows attaching images to calendar entries (like attaching a Google Street View image)?
    Somewhat related: Why do all day events not show up in month view? Is there a way to enable this?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I used to have this on my phone.....I do not know what I installed or how I got it. I have 4 calendar's through google. When looking at one calendar, the "gray" was blue. It was like this until I ran into some other issues and had to remove all patches and tweaks. Since then all blocks have turned back to gray. If it is a patch, I don't know which one it was. Sure was nice looking at the blue instead of gray.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    To be honest, I am running two google calendars, just to get different colours - and i cant even get those to show up!!!

It is making one of the most important aspects (to me) of the pre useless, as when I am trying to enter an appointment, I look at the month view and cannot tell what the blazes i am doing that day!!!

As born2defy says, icons would be great, colours great - in fact, ANYTHING that enables me to have a recurring 5 week pattern (of rest days) highlighted in a month view, and other appointments in a contrast/different icon.

I always thought this was a basic and unfortunately never checked it before purchase - DOH!!!
  15.    #15  
    I currently have 5 google calendars. In the month view, it is gray blocking out time when ALL calendars are selected. When I push the button that says ALL and select one of my calendars, those appointments in that calendar show up as the calendar color. All other calendars remain gray. You can see what is scheduled by calendar that way, but not the details of the appointment until you click on that day.