Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I have a growing oreo effect on my Pre and plan on taking it back to Best Buy for a trade.

Any recommended procedures I should follow?
    - should I wipe my Pre before going in?
    - how to document my installed apps and patches?
    - restore tips and hints?

Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I don't think wiping it matters, as it goes back to Palm and is wiped when refurbed anyway. Why document installed apps and patches? App Catalog apps are automatically restored, and with Preware, shiz changes constantly, so you might want to just check out all of the patches and see what's available. Copy pics and notes to a computer before you swap, as they are not restored (neither are themes) through your profile.

As for the rest of the restore process, "NIKE, Just Do It."
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Do not wipe it...

Show them the oreo effect and consistently annoy them about how you were an early adopter or something.
    A big gap is probably what they'll look for. I went to multiple places where they've told me "oh, all the Pre's do that" when I showed them my oreo problem. -_-
    My wife took her's to Sprint, and two reps told her that it was "supposed to do that". One even said a Palm rep told them that. I took it back and jumped up and down about it. She got a new one yesterday.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misterwilson View Post
    My wife took her's to Sprint, and two reps told her that it was "supposed to do that". One even said a Palm rep told them that. I took it back and jumped up and down about it. She got a new one yesterday.
    And the new one is perfect? No oreo effect? I remember my day one Pre took about a week to start the oreo effect. Keep us posted.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jye75 View Post
    Copy pics and notes to a computer before you swap
    Great tip on the pictures! It's things like that I need tips on. I would never have thought of that. With my old Treo, I'd just sync it and then restore all the data.