1.    #1  
    got my pre 3 days ago ( love this thing ). i just added some patches/themes/homebrew apps that i really like.

when webos 1.3 comes up i just uninstall everything and then update.. or i need to run webos doctor?
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanny27 View Post
    got my pre 3 days ago ( love this thing ). i just added some patches/themes/homebrew apps that i really like.

when webos 1.3 comes up i just uninstall everything and then update.. or i need to run webos doctor?

Remove your theme and then install the Emergency Patch Recovery package immediately before or immediately after updating and you should be fine. Doctor should always be a last resort.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Themes and patches/tweaks need to removed before an update and then reapplied (assuming they still work on the new version). Most Homebrew apps are just apps and do not need to be removed (they should say specifically if they do) ... although there is a small chance they may not work after the update if they use undocumented APIs (again they should say this).