Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. tagz's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
       #1  
    Does anyone know if Asurion replacement phones come with a new battery? I had to get a replacement phone, fell in water. I know the phone is a refurb, but is the battery new? Reason I am asking is first few days now and I am getting the poor battery life I had with my first phone till it was broke in. Hope its just that and nothing with this refurb phone.
  2. edlex's Avatar
    Posts
    657 Posts
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by tagz View Post
    Does anyone know if Asurion replacement phones come with a new battery? I had to get a replacement phone, fell in water. I know the phone is a refurb, but is the battery new? Reason I am asking is first few days now and I am getting the poor battery life I had with my first phone till it was broke in. Hope its just that and nothing with this refurb phone.
    My understanding is that they do come with a battery and you only ship back your old phone without the old battery. So you keep your old battery as well.
    FYI: My Pre is as plain vanilla as the day it came out of the box...
  3. jye75's Avatar
    Posts
    107 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #3  
    I've only had to use Assurion once, (stolen phone) and when I did, they shipped a NIB phone and battery.
  4. tagz's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
       #4  
    Yeah I already got the phone. It was not new, looks brand new but the info says refurb. But that does not bother me, I got mine on release day and it had a slight oreo twist. Never bothered me much, but this one is solid. I did only have to send back the phone. New one came with another charger and battery that was in a new box. I assumed it was new but wanted to double check. Now I remember why there were so many battery performance complaints at release. These new batteries suck till broke in.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jye75 View Post
    I've only had to use Assurion once, (stolen phone) and when I did, they shipped a NIB phone and battery.
    Assurion sends you a refurb if they have it, if and only if they are out of refurbs they send new in box phones.
  6. #6  
    it's also hard to remove the new batteries, geezuz, I almost broke the darn thing, i actually had my wife help me take it out while I pulled the slip thing...

    but yeah, new battery....brand new phone as if you just purchased it (with cables, wall charger, usb, earplugs, and all the booklets).

    Came in handy for Touchstone....
  7. jye75's Avatar
    Posts
    107 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    Assurion sends you a refurb if they have it, if and only if they are out of refurbs they send new in box phones.
    Yeah, I know, I should have said that they sent me a NIB complete kit (they didn't have any refurbs) AND an additional battery that was new in its own sealed wrapper.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jye75 View Post
    Yeah, I know, I should have said that they sent me a NIB complete kit (they didn't have any refurbs) AND an additional battery that was new in its own sealed wrapper.
    Service wise they are great. I've gotten new batteries from them, too and was allowed to keep the old battery. Only thing is I had no clue if it was a new battery or refurb battery.

Posting Permissions