Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Because it does take 5-6 seconds - or longer - sometimes to answer an incoming call as he said.

Even with 1.2.
    actually you got it wrong...sort of...lets say you get a call and you open or accept the phone call...yes the phone app takes like 2-3 seconds to open...but the call is live right when you open the slider or accept the call...so you don't have to wait 2 see the phone app to come up try it
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    actually you got it wrong...sort of...lets say you get a call and you open or accept the phone call...yes the phone app takes like 2-3 seconds to open...but the call is live right when you open the slider or accept the call...so you don't have to wait 2 see the phone app to come up try it
    Actually, there have been multiple times when I can't get it to answer at all. You slide it open to answer the call, the call doesn't pick up and the phone keeps ringing/vibrating, and now there are NO onscreen buttons (or physical ones for that matter) that will pick the call up.
  3.    #63  
    few thoughts after reading last page or 2:

1. Im not going anywhere (yet, if ever)
    2. dont know if i could live w/out multi tasking now that ive had this
    3. yes the droid looks ugly
    4. WHY BECAUSE SOMEONE HAS A NEGATIVE OPINION ON SOMETHING IS IT "HATING" and "BASHING" THE PRE??? CAN ONE HAVE A *#$#*@#$ OPINION?

I think the ratio of people *****ing, about people *****ing, is equal.

I dont mind reading negative comments, some of it may be worth while information. SOme of it may lead to possible patches/resolution of issues. But what good does your negative BS posts like "oh stop complaining go somehwere else" do? How does that contribue?

That is all.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd View Post
    I agree with the author of this thread. And it is why after over a decade I have switched to the hero. MUCH less lag. And far less stress.
    Curious, why are you still on this forum?
    Actually, there have been multiple times when I can't get it to answer at all. You slide it open to answer the call, the call doesn't pick up and the phone keeps ringing/vibrating, and now there are NO onscreen buttons (or physical ones for that matter) that will pick the call up.
    very weird man and sorry you're having all that trouble...whens the last time uve doctored your phone? Because I don't have any of those problems...maybe you're in very low signal?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by phlegm View Post
    calm down...everyone has the right to speak there opinion on this forum...even if its a bunch of negative crap
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by qst4 View Post
    I just don't buy all the garbage about how WebOS is so far behind. I think its people being fickle and just wanting the last greatest whatever. I mean I've heard people saying they want a phone that's cool like the iphone, but not the iphone. Really! Granted the Pre has problems, but I guarantee there is no phone that multitask the way the Pre does. For all the "coolness" of my ipod touch, it feels so damn dated the second I have to close an app to go to another app. I really wish a lot of people would just speak with their money (where the real power is) and get a droid/iphone already so we can move on to more productive discussions.
    +1
    +1.

I had had WinMo for many years. Then, I switched over to the Pre and I am so happy. Yes, it is lacking some functions and it lags sometimes. I wish it could be as fast and smooth as the iPhone (iPhone did set the standard there). However, from a user experience and ease of use, the Pre is one of the best if not THE best. I had some early Linux PDA (Zaurus) back in early 2000. I felt like Android just looks like Zaurus. Google can code, no doubt about it, but they need some good graphics designer to be honest.

If people like the Pre, stick with it and see what the next update(s) will bring. If you are not happy with it, go with some other devices since there are so many choices these days.
    Last edited by myrcgarage; 10/30/2009 at 09:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by myrcgarage View Post
    +1.

I had had WinMo for many years. Then, I switched over to the Pre and I am so happy. Yes, it is lacking some functions and it lags sometimes. I wish it could be as fast and smooth as the iPhone (iPhone did set the standard there). However, from a user experience and ease of use, the Pre is one of the best if not THE best. I had some early Linux PDA (Zaurus) back in early 2000. I felt like Android just looks like Zaurus. Google can code, no doubt about it, but they need some good graphics designer to be honest.

If people like the Pre, stick with it and see what the next update(s) will bring. If you don't like it, go with some other devices.
    exactly on the spot...android is a nice OS but it looks ugly haz hell in my opinion
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    I have to agree with Elysian893, I have never had any lag answering a call. As soon as I swipe up (if it is locked) or press the green button, the call starts. I had to learn that the call starts before the phone app appears. It must take a couple of seconds to re-draw the screen. Since I learned that, I haven't missed a call.
    Quote Originally Posted by jc924 View Post
    I have to agree with Elysian893, I have never had any lag answering a call. As soon as I swipe up (if it is locked) or press the green button, the call starts. I had to learn that the call starts before the phone app appears. It must take a couple of seconds to re-draw the screen. Since I learned that, I haven't missed a call.
    +1
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

very weird man and sorry you're having all that trouble...whens the last time uve doctored your phone? Because I don't have any of those problems...maybe you're in very low signal?
    I don't see how a signal would make the handset not answer a call and take away all onscreen options to tap to answer.

Clearly the problem was local, and I had it across three Pres.

I've had the Hero since just after launch. Slower hardware and a more convoluted app. Yet, swipe down to answer works 100 percent of the time. Not one missed call in three weeks.

I think the Pre's form factor presents a lot of problems. But an upgraded version of this OS on different, fully-utilized hardware would be an absolute beast. I hope to see that down the line.
    I don't see how a signal would make the handset not answer a call and take away all onscreen options to tap to answer.

Clearly the problem was local, and I had it across three Pres.

I've had the Hero since just after launch. Slower hardware and a more convoluted app. Yet, swipe down to answer works 100 percent of the time. Not one missed call in three weeks.

I think the Pre's form factor presents a lot of problems. But an upgraded version of this OS on different, fully-utilized hardware would be an absolute beast. I hope to see that down the line.
    we'll like I said sorry to hear that because I never have those problems and happy you found another phone that is ideal for you
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

In all seriousness, thanks for the classy reply.
    In all seriousness, thanks for the classy reply.
    well lol there r many ppl that have had many problems with the pre and say the pre is a piece of crap and whatnot....there r other ppl that think the pre is awesome bc theyve had no problems with it and have a gr8 experience with it like myself...imho i think hero is nice and all but i do not like the android OS just my opinion...if ure happy with it gr8...
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    You don't seem to understand. When you're using this phone in the real world, you need it to work instantly. Not lag 5-6 seconds to open calendar or pull up the phone app to receive a call (in time you hope).
    I guess I don't understand. Out of curiosity I've been doing some timings on my Pre. All times in seconds, from the instant my finger touches the screen until the app's UI is fully loaded:

Phone: 1.4
    Phone, incoming call, from home screen: 2
    Phone, incoming call, locked phone: 2.2 (includes time dragging the little ball)
    Messaging: 2.8
    Browser: 3.8
    Calendar: 3.5
    Contacts: 4.1
    Email: 3.5
    Memos: 4.5
    Tasks: 3.8
    Music Player Remix: 7.1 (with about 600 songs on my Pre)

Overall average: 3.52s

Would it be nice if everything loaded instantly? Absolutely. It'd also be nice if I had a billion dollars and Hayden Panettiere sitting in my lap naked.

I don't think anyone will argue that the Pre doesn't have room for improvement, but if you're really arguing that waiting 3-5 seconds for an app on your phone to load is seriously affecting your life and/or productivity.... I'm just going to have to snicker at that (no offense).
    Quote Originally Posted by phlegm View Post
    Because I love Palm and feel like I lost a best friend after being a Palmaholic for over 10 years. I am hoping they fix some of the issues discussed here and I will be back in a heartbeat.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo View Post
    if you're really arguing that waiting 3-5 seconds for an app on your phone to load is seriously affecting your life and/or productivity.... I'm just going to have to snicker at that (no offense).
    I think it boils down what you're used to, if my previous smartphone brought up apps instantly, I would expect my new smartphone to do the same.
    Even though it's a few seconds longer, it feels like an eternity.

Would you feel the same way if the driver in front of you paused for 3 sec once the light turns green? It would get old after a while.

For what it's worth I'm still sticking with my pre.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234