Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    hopefully a gpu driver is at the top of the list in terms of priorities. Once that's done, any future updates for this 1st gen device will be gravy. JMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    palm pre rocks and yall haters dont ,go get a iphone and then you can complain about it somewhere else lol
    Unfortunately for Palm, many will do just that. Or opt for an android.

Some are still here because this is a place we've been around for years though there's a lot of new ones on here. I'm still around because i still got a Pre (wife's) to play around with.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post

Some are still here because this is a place we've been around for years though there's a lot of new ones on here. I'm still around because i still got a Pre (wife's) to play around with.
    i saw how android looks and it doesnt impress me at all..i even saw the droid...and the droid hardware wise looks nice...but the OS looks shi**y to me looks ugly compared to webOS...all i know is im happy with the pre!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

problem is everyones thinks they are right and the others are wrong its just plain dumb if you ask me lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    problem is everyones thinks they are right and the others are wrong its just plain dumb if you ask me lol
    True enough.

Have i said lately how much i like the webOS ui? Or how a Pre in the car is pretty cool and highlights its strengths pretty well?

There's some good here. And maybe Palm will shock us again in June. I'd love to be wrong. Heck, a year ago, i was on the other side defending Palm saying..just wait.
    Just out of curiosity, has Palm mentioned anythings about creating a driver for the GPU? I've been excited about the potential of the OMAP and its kind of a bummer Palm hasn't been able to access it yet... I can't wait to see if the GUI will run smoother once they make a gpu driver.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I've noticed that the Pre is much smoother (as fluid as the iPhone) when plugged into a power source. Unplug and run off the battery, it's very choppy. I wonder if it's underclocking itself further to keep battery life longer. For those of us w/ upgraded batteries (2250mah here - A+) are there any tweak to un-underclock?
    Last edited by bonfilio; 10/29/2009 at 08:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bonfilio View Post
    I've noticed that the Pre is much smoother (as fluid as the iPhone) when plugged into a power source. Unplug and run off the battery, it's very choppy. I wonder if it's underclocking itself further to keep battery life longer. For those of us w/ upgraded batteries (2250mah here - A+) are there any tweak to un-underclock?
    I agree. I just tested it out and there does seem to be a marked improvement when being plugged in to a power source. I would be interested to hear if others have noticed it. I realize it is always possible for it to be perceived rather than actual, but would be nice to know more about it.

Also, in regards to the lag, I agree that the GPU not being active is a big part of the problem. Though it will most likely present issues with worse battery life. However, if the GPU took over on the tasks that the CPU is not optimized for, maybe it would help the battery as much as it would hurt it.

Overall it has been a little disappointing to see some of the overly negative comments on the site and the forum. I think that some people have reasonable complaints or concerns, such as needing medical apps to work (emergency situations), but others seem to just like complaining. I honestly think they would be the same people lighting up the iPhone and Android sites / forums with negativity if they used those phones. Oh well, I'm just glad to see this thread has been a healthy discussion on the phone vs. some of the negative comments on the main site posts lately. I'm sure everyone knows what I'm talking about...
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    I just don't buy all the garbage about how WebOS is so far behind. I think its people being fickle and just wanting the last greatest whatever. I mean I've heard people saying they want a phone that's cool like the iphone, but not the iphone. Really! Granted the Pre has problems, but I guarantee there is no phone that multitask the way the Pre does. For all the "coolness" of my ipod touch, it feels so damn dated the second I have to close an app to go to another app. I really wish a lot of people would just speak with their money (where the real power is) and get a droid/iphone already so we can move on to more productive discussions.
    Quote Originally Posted by qst4 View Post
    I just don't buy all the garbage about how WebOS is so far behind. I think its people being fickle and just wanting the last greatest whatever. I mean I've heard people saying they want a phone that's cool like the iphone, but not the iphone. Really! Granted the Pre has problems, but I guarantee there is no phone that multitask the way the Pre does. For all the "coolness" of my ipod touch, it feels so damn dated the second I have to close an app to go to another app. I really wish a lot of people would just speak with their money (where the real power is) and get a droid/iphone already so we can move on to more productive discussions.
    +1
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I'm not being fickle here and i'm not going anywhere yet. What we have here though is an example of bad decision making coming back to bite them. By showing a device that we now know was probably still in alpha development at CES. Gave the impression that it was going to be dropped near term. Then the waiting began. The this that and the other thing until the date the 3gs was to be announced. Then to find out that it was still half baked. The issues of build quality ect. And you are wondering why people here are squawking.

With all that we still stayed. Now we have a new and more powerful competitor with the Droid. Bad enough we knew it was an uphill battle with the 3GS. Now we have another to take on.

Meanwhile there are issues we have had from day one and later limitations we didn't know till now (Minuscule app partition anyone). Yes yes people like to complain we get that, What will happen though is patience can only last so long. If these issues aren't addressed before long. That lessening of sub churn will begin to spike again as people drop both Sprint and Palm together.

In other words. FIX THE #$@^&^%&&**%%$$%# THING NOW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mech1164 View Post
    I'm not being fickle here and i'm not going anywhere yet. What we have here though is an example of bad decision making coming back to bite them. By showing a device that we now know was probably still in alpha development at CES. Gave the impression that it was going to be dropped near term. Then the waiting began. The this that and the other thing until the date the 3gs was to be announced. Then to find out that it was still half baked. The issues of build quality ect. And you are wondering why people here are squawking.

With all that we still stayed. Now we have a new and more powerful competitor with the Droid. Bad enough we knew it was an uphill battle with the 3GS. Now we have another to take on.

Meanwhile there are issues we have had from day one and later limitations we didn't know till now (Minuscule app partition anyone). Yes yes people like to complain we get that, What will happen though is patience can only last so long. If these issues aren't addressed before long. That lessening of sub churn will begin to spike again as people drop both Sprint and Palm together.

In other words. FIX THE #$@^&^%&&**%%$$%# THING NOW!!!
    im not complaning at all....i also dont think droid is all that...yes the droid is nice...phone wise but imho i think its OS is ugly as hell
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joncox View Post
    I agree. I just tested it out and there does seem to be a marked improvement when being plugged in to a power source.
    I also agree. I've noticed things seem snappier and less laggy across the board when plugged in to a power supply.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    im not complaning at all....i also dont think droid is all that...yes the droid is nice...phone wise but imho i think its OS is ugly as hell
    And that's why i'm still here. This can be a great phone. But it needs work on it badly. Palm you there on that?
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Nothing on my Pre takes longer than 5 or 6 seconds to launch. Is everyone so hyper that they can't wait a few seconds? When you add in the ability to keep cards open and running, it is great. The phone was designed and promoted with the idea that you would keep cards open. I don't think they planned that people would open one thing at a time. It's a multi-tasking phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by jc924 View Post
    Nothing on my Pre takes longer than 5 or 6 seconds to launch. Is everyone so hyper that they can't wait a few seconds? When you add in the ability to keep cards open and running, it is great. The phone was designed and promoted with the idea that you would keep cards open. I don't think they planned that people would open one thing at a time. It's a multi-tasking phone.
    You don't seem to understand. When you're using this phone in the real world, you need it to work instantly. Not lag 5-6 seconds to open calendar or pull up the phone app to receive a call (in time you hope).

Besides, according to Palm, they're targeting busy people.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    You're not wrong....the Pre is very laggy compared to the iPhone/Android. One would think that would be the sort of thing PALM would have had working/fixed before launch.
    Than iPhone 3Gs, sure, but Android, not so much, Pre is pretty much on par or better than the Android phones I've used(G1-Pre is better, myTouch 3G-Pre is on par) when it comes to lag. Also, the Pre is at least on par with the iPhone 3G when it comes to lag, especially after OS 3.0 came out, all of my iPhone friends complain their 3G is much slower after 3.0.
    You don't seem to understand. When you're using this phone in the real world, you need it to work instantly. Not lag 5-6 seconds to open calendar or pull up the phone app to receive a call (in time you hope).

Besides, according to Palm, they're targeting busy people.
    Phone app doesn't take 5-6s after 1.2, so I don't know why you mention that. Also your "real world" analogy is a little flawed, since 5-6s isn't going to make someone late for an appointment. Frustrating, sure, but it's not going to effect you, "real world".
    Last edited by Elysian893; 10/30/2009 at 08:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Phone app doesn't take 5-6s after 1.2, so I don't know why you mention that.
    Because it does take 5-6 seconds - or longer - sometimes to answer an incoming call as he said.

Even with 1.2.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Because it does take 5-6 seconds - or longer - sometimes to answer an incoming call as he said.

Even with 1.2.
    I've never had it take more than 1-2s since 1.2.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast