1.    #1  
    since the itunes sync is broken with the update. How do you get music on your pre? Any programs???Ive tried using realplayer and windows media player and it doesnt work.
    You can just drag and drop it in with USB mode. That works great. You can then make the folders the way you would like them. Another one is double twist! I love that software. Plus next update it will support amazon MP3. Sorta like the Itunes store in Itunes. I hope this helps. Im sure there are MANY other good ones people can recommend! That is just to name a few ways to do it and get you started!
    What update?
    Assuming you're running Windows, you can always:

1) Plug your Pre into your computer via USB cable

2) Choose "USB Drive" on the Pre

3) Browse to the new removable disk on your computer (the Pre will show up as a removable / USB drive)

4) Make a directory for your music (the name is arbitrary; I named mine "MP3s" - you could call yours "Tunes" or "Music" or whatever makes you happy)

5) In another window, browse to your MP3 collection

6) Copy the songs you want on your Pre from your MP3 folder to the folder you just made on your Pre

7) "Eject" the Pre using the Windows "Safely Remove Hardware" icon in your system tray

8) Unplug your Pre

The music player will automatically find your MP3s and you should be all set.
    You can drag and drop or use other programs like Doubletwist or Songbird (my favorite at the moment).
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    There's many posts on this same question with a lot of info ... you should try a search if you haven't already. For me, I've found J. River Media Jukebox to work very nicely (and it starts and runs blazingly fast, as opposed to that "other" program).

Media Jukebox: Free J. River Media Jukebox software
    I synced with iTunes just fine last night. Its the newest iTunes and it worked well.
    itunes syncs fine with no problems. I'm using the current version of itunes.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    If you follow the directions below and lump all your music into one folder, your music player load time will increase dramatically. My music player load time went from 2 minutes to less than 10 seconds by grouping the MP3's in folders by artist and album using Doubletwist.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro77 View Post
    Assuming you're running Windows, you can always:

1) Plug your Pre into your computer via USB cable

2) Choose "USB Drive" on the Pre

3) Browse to the new removable disk on your computer (the Pre will show up as a removable / USB drive)

4) Make a directory for your music (the name is arbitrary; I named mine "MP3s" - you could call yours "Tunes" or "Music" or whatever makes you happy)

5) In another window, browse to your MP3 collection

6) Copy the songs you want on your Pre from your MP3 folder to the folder you just made on your Pre

7) "Eject" the Pre using the Windows "Safely Remove Hardware" icon in your system tray

8) Unplug your Pre

The music player will automatically find your MP3s and you should be all set.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    winamp
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Rhapsody, it even lets you create playlists. Make sure you tap media sync
    I use windows media player.. works fine for me.. Itunes too..
    So from this i take it using the charger port into a USB port on a PC will pick up the Palm as USB drive?
    The Pre Tips & Tricks tell how to do this.

- Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 10/29/2009 at 03:24 PM.
    I could never get DoubleTwist to work reliably at all. I don't think I ever used it for a complete session without it crashing when doing something. I tried something else too and same thing.

Thats why I stick with iTunes.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    As much as I hate using iTunes, it works the best. DoubleTwist never seems to work properly. Some have suggested that Palm should create a "PreTunes" app to manage music . . . I'm more of the thought that Amazon should create an app that works with many devices, as it is Amazon that stands to gain the most by having an easy delivery system.