Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I LOVE my Pre, but I'm being forced to switch to Verizon for work. I have read that you CAN make the switch (since both are CDMA), but that Verizon will know that your ESN is not in their system so you could run into problems. Does anyone know IF this switch can be done, and if so, how to ensure that it will work?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    The good news is the Pre will be on Verizon in January.
    you could just get a cheapo until january
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    CDMA phones are basically locked by each carrier. I have read that a few carriers like Cricket and MetroPCS have helped people flash their CDMA phones to their network. There are a few places on the internet that claim they can flash your CDMA phone legitimately to any carrier, activating it on another network is another question. CDMA carriers don't share stolen ESN numbers between themselves, which is another reason why they don't activate other carriers phones.

The guy in this post claims to have gotten his Pre working on Verizon with voice, but not full 3x data: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...g-verizon.html

Bottom line is, it's not worth trying to take this any farther.
    Last edited by palandri; 10/28/2009 at 08:26 AM.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

You could always work through Verizon's Device Evaluation Center. You could take your phone and this form (after you fill it in) to a Verizon store with a service center and see what they say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    You could always work through Verizon's Device Evaluation Center. You could take your phone and this form (after you fill it in) to a Verizon store with a service center and see what they say.
    It will be interesting to see if anyone can get the unlock code from Sprint.

I just found this: Mobile Phone Reviews Device Activation Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by JaguarDawg View Post
    I LOVE my Pre, but I'm being forced to switch to Verizon for work. I have read that you CAN make the switch (since both are CDMA), but that Verizon will know that your ESN is not in their system so you could run into problems. Does anyone know IF this switch can be done, and if so, how to ensure that it will work?

Thanks
    I have not heard of any stories in which a Sprint Pre was successfully re-worked onto Verizon's network and had 3G work at all.