1.    #1  
    Now I can't get into any apps. For this to be a smart phone they should at least have a back door to get into things.

I really need to get into my text messages. I can type 'messaging' to bring up the yext but I can't get into the individual conversations.

Does anyone know how to do this without the use of the touch screen?
    you can't use the apps without the touch screen, just pay up the 100 bucks and get the new one...sorry buddy! i've already experienced that with my Pre
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    i just got my new phone yesterday because my screen crack. what i was doing just type what you want to do. for example what to send a txt message just type mess.. and the icon will shop up and press enter
    So if you replace your phone do they take the old one back?
    My screen broke recently and the sprint tech determined it was the known screen cracking issue so I got a free phone. Although I'm pretty sure the crack happened in my pocket while lifting heavy objects. Bad me. They took my old one back, there is a good chance they will give you a refurb. They are shipped with no batteries and they remove your battery and pop it into the refurb. At least that is what happened to me. My newer refurb phone is actually of better quality then my launch phone. Just a smidge better, my launch phone had close to zero issues.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by d0nc0l0 View Post
    i just got my new phone yesterday because my screen crack. what i was doing just type what you want to do. for example what to send a txt message just type mess.. and the icon will shop up and press enter
    I have done that. I cant open the individual conversations though. I can only get as far as to see the name of the person and the first few lines of the text.
    uh.....well you could SSH into the Pre and have access to everything. Thats a "backdoor".
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    uh.....well you could SSH into the Pre and have access to everything. Thats a "backdoor".
    sounds like a plan
    Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    So if you replace your phone do they take the old one back?
    yes, if you do not send it back you get charged full price (300 I think), they give you a prepaid envelope, put the old phone and take out the battery you get to keep it, just the phone it self goes in the envelope and send it out.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iamfrontosa View Post
    My screen broke recently and the sprint tech determined it was the known screen cracking issue so I got a free phone. Although I'm pretty sure the crack happened in my pocket while lifting heavy objects. Bad me. They took my old one back, there is a good chance they will give you a refurb. They are shipped with no batteries and they remove your battery and pop it into the refurb. At least that is what happened to me. My newer refurb phone is actually of better quality then my launch phone. Just a smidge better, my launch phone had close to zero issues.
    What is the known cracking?
    Quote Originally Posted by AWoody251 View Post
    What is the known cracking?
    http://www.precentral.net/psb-pre-screen-cracks-emerge
    Yep I have the same issue. I just reported this and got a replacement on order.

I have photos but since I just lurk...apparently I can't post them.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    My Pre touchscreen just cracked on Tuesday for not apparent reason. It just look like the one in the article back in June. I went to the Sprint store and they are refering me to Palm.