1.    #1  
    so i bought the pre 2 days ago and im not sure i want to activate it yet because i want to see how i like the opperating system and stuff!!! so does anybody know if there is a way to "bypass" or get around having to make a palm profile when first turning on the device?
    whats the problem with creating a profile?

edit* you have what amounts to a 30 day trial.
    if you know how to root you can bypass it ,just search bypass profile
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Why do you care about the Palm Profile. Just go to Google, create a gmail account, and set your default for Contacts and Calendar to that. That essentially eliminates the Palm Profile.
  5.    #5  
    well because it is not connected to a network so it says "unable to sighn you in" so i was wondering how to bypass it
  6.    #6  
    i googled it and no results... anybody have any ideas?
  7.    #7  
    does anybody want to do this with me step by step on the ocmputer but not on their phone? its realy confusing... anybody wanna take the time and do it with me on the phone? it whould be realy REALY EXTREMELY appreciated.. and because im only 16
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by crzyirish1959 View Post
    does anybody want to do this with me step by step on the ocmputer but not on their phone? its realy confusing... anybody wanna take the time and do it with me on the phone? it whould be realy REALY EXTREMELY appreciated.. and because im only 16
    waynepan.com/2009/09/08/bypassing-palm-pres-sprint-activation/

thats how to doit! but i dont know what all that means
  9.    #9  
    i finaly got my pre flashed to metro pcs!!! i did research after research!!! took me about 9 hourss!!! >: |
    crzyirish1959,

I have bought my new Pre unlocked from Germany, and then I moved to Work in Libya, and for some reason (Got stocked) I restored my Pre into Factory settings, and now I'm stock because I can't use Wifi, it's turned off already,and the Pre asked for Signing in the existing profile, or creating a new one, and both will require internet access through the SIM card, which is not available in Libya except through GPRS, and that also require entering some settings in the pre as well, so I'm trapped now, and need some help.

Please help, I would appreciate your kind assistance.

Kind Regards,

Naser
    Quote Originally Posted by Neso View Post
    crzyirish1959,

I have bought my new Pre unlocked from Germany, and then I moved to Work in Libya, and for some reason (Got stocked) I restored my Pre into Factory settings, and now I'm stock because I can't use Wifi, it's turned off already,and the Pre asked for Signing in the existing profile, or creating a new one, and both will require internet access through the SIM card, which is not available in Libya except through GPRS, and that also require entering some settings in the pre as well, so I'm trapped now, and need some help.

Please help, I would appreciate your kind assistance.

Kind Regards,

Naser
    Use the WebOS Internals Meta-Doctor to create a doctor image which will allow you to bypass the first-use application so you can turn on wifi first.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Any Links please
    Any Links please
    Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    @rwhitby Thanks! The thing is that I already can't access my Pre whatsoever, it's already at the Palm Profile Window that I cannot proceed (Since I'm using this outside Germany).

Any thoughts on how to bypass that screen given that I'm already in catch22 situation.
    @rwhitby Thanks! The thing is that I already can't access my Pre whatsoever, it's already at the Palm Profile Window that I cannot proceed (Since I'm using this outside Germany).

Any thoughts on how to bypass that screen given that I'm already in catch22 situation.
    Reboot it (take the battery out if necessary) and put it in recovery mode.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I'm newbie in the Pre world, and I don't know what you mean by "put it in the recovery mode"?
    @rwhitby
    u r the man, I manage to bring my Palm pre to work using the Wifi, as per the link you gave here:

Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals

I appreciate your assistance, and patience.

Once again, thank you very much.