1.    #1  
    I'm attaching pictures of an odd hardware problem that my Pre is having. I searched for others on the forum having this problem but found nothing. Basically, on the lower right hand side of my pre's screen, 4 bubbles are creeping up. They started out small, but have slowly grown. I think if I leave them grow for a while, they'll end up being an inadvertant AT&T "more bars in more places" commercial.

I'm sorry for the quality of the pictures. I don't have any way to take macro photos that I'm aware of. And I can't figure out how to get the pre to take a picture of itself.

I've taken it to Sprint and they're sending me a new phone - well probably a refurb. But I thought I'd document this for others.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Twitter: dullgeek
    with those pictures i dont c anything...maybe im blind
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Those are reflections of the lights over the table, not bubbles ;-)

Actually I do see the bubbles in the lower right hand corner of the screen. If you are absolutely certain the are not under your screen protector it must be a problem with the LCD, and thus the only solution is to exchange.
    If you look real close and ignore the lights you will see a black spider. It is bigger than one of the lights. You don't need a sprint exchange. you need an exterminator.
    yeah i c it now
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I had those on my 1st. I got it day one so it took about a week and a half to get it replaced but that's how I fixed it. It's obviously a manufacturing issue, I doubt most people do anything in a normal day to cause that kind of delamination.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    \If you are absolutely certain the are not under your screen protector it must be a problem with the LCD, and thus the only solution is to exchange.
    I'm certain. I didn't want to take off the screen protector only to have to put it back on. The bubbles started before I put that particular screen protector on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    If you look real close and ignore the lights you will see a black spider.
    Hah! I didn't see that before. That's the bottom decoration on the light fixture. That's funny.

And I took plenty of pictures w/out the reflection of the lights, but none of those pictures showed the bubbles at all. I could only get my camera to show the bubbles if the screen was reflecting the light. I wish that I'd had camera w/a macro lens. But this was the best I had.
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyandthesets View Post
    I had those on my 1st. I got it day one so it took about a week and a half to get it replaced but that's how I fixed it.
    Yeah, that's how I'm fixing it, too. Sprint didn't flinch when I brought it in. They just ordered me a replacement.

Thanks for the comments, I didn't really expect them. My only point was to document this problem so that others who also experience it might find this.
    I think I may be in the introductory stages of this issue. My "bubbles" are vertical along the right side of the screen. They are really quite small, but I notice that you said that yours grew over time. I suppose I will take a wait-and-see approach, but I'm hoping I won't have to deal with swapping one out.

If I do, they should be okay with replacing it under warranty, right? I picked it up on launch day, so it's way past the 30-day return period.
    it is a chandelier... you can see the center "spider" which is the arms..all 5 of them and then you can see the bulb and the glass sconce around the bulb.
    want to see a magic trick????..wave your hand between the light and the screen..pretty cool huh!!!! YOU CAN SEE YOUR HAND!!!!!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by doakSHO View Post
    If I do, they should be okay with replacing it under warranty, right? I picked it up on launch day, so it's way past the 30-day return period.
    Yeah, they had absolutely no issue with swapping it out. I bought my original Pre on launch day, too. The one pictured was Pre #3 and the replacement they sent me is #4. The one year warranty is still in effect.

I also have TEP on the device, but this was NOT a TEP replacement. That would have included a $100 deductible. This was a warranty replacement.
    Are you guys sure that those lights are not UFOs?
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    naw they are definately IFO's Identified Flying Objects