webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Pre and Pre Plus > Modifying WebOS carrier network settings
Modifying WebOS carrier network settings
Like Tree7Likes

Old 07/28/2010, 05:22 AM   #161 (permalink)

Hi Vikram, I could really do with some help from your experience in enabling 3g, internet and sms on ur Pre. I also got a German Pre and using it in Ghana. But I only have Voice, no data. I have tried updating the network settings file using the directions provided in the forums but it doesnt seem to work, not even sms at least. Would it be possible for you to walk me thru the details of your approach. Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. I have firmware 1.4.0 by the way
inzaghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/28/2010, 11:53 AM   #162 (permalink)

Following instructions from the thread I created a new record and input settings from my carrier in both carrier settings and data connections table with the Id as the common link between the two. It doesnt seem to work however, not even sms even though I have the right smscNumber for my network. I don't know if apnId regionName and mod_num are important and I would appreciate any help from more experienced hackers.
Old 07/28/2010, 03:58 PM   #163 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inzaghi View Post
Hi Vikram, I could really do with some help from your experience in enabling 3g, internet and sms on ur Pre. I also got a German Pre and using it in Ghana. But I only have Voice, no data. I have tried updating the network settings file using the directions provided in the forums but it doesnt seem to work, not even sms at least. Would it be possible for you to walk me thru the details of your approach. Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. I have firmware 1.4.0 by the way
Hi, just saw your message. If you know all the settings for your provider, I can edit the file and send it to you. However, you will need to be able to send the file to the phone using WOQI. Can you do that? If so, PM me your network settings, and your mail ID.

If you don't use VoiceMail, I can also change it so that the VM button in the phone app calls any one number when you press it.

Also, btw, the first thing you should do is OTA uodate to firmware 1.4.5 over wifi, because the OTA breaks the hack anyway, so might as well start with the fresh firmware.

Let me know if you need any help with any of these.

Vikram
Old 08/02/2010, 04:30 AM   #164 (permalink)

Hi Capitano, ****,

I would really appreciate some help getting my carrier network settings on tho the database of my Pre. Have tried without any success so far using SQLite, not even sms would work although I am able to get 3G using the Quick System Tasks patch. Can I send you my network settings to you to help me out,

Phil
Old 08/02/2010, 07:24 AM   #165 (permalink)

Quote:
Hi Capitano, ****,

I would really appreciate some help getting my carrier network settings on tho the database of my Pre. Have tried without any success so far using SQLite, not even sms would work although I am able to get 3G using the Quick System Tasks patch. Can I send you my network settings to you to help me out,

Phil
Ciao Phil... btw, are you italian? I see your nick is "inzaghi"

Anyway, which is your operator? where are you living? You can send me your database and I can try to modify... actually I'm in Italy but I will move soon to Moldova... I can try to work on settings later in 3-4 days when I will arrive to MD...
Capitano69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/02/2010, 11:14 AM   #166 (permalink)

Hi Capitano, You are right on the money. Working in Ghana for the moment and bought my Pre from Germany.

Please find my carrier Network settings below. Would appreciate help configuring them onto the database file.
Operator: Zain Gh
mcc:620
mnc: 6
smscNumber: +233260011210
VoiceNumber: 355
mmsWapGateway: 10.93.85.88
mmsUrl: http://zainmms/servlets/mms
mmscPortNumber: 9401

apn:wap
chsnUserName: None
cshnPassword: None
regionName: wap

apn:internet
regionName: Internet

apn:mms
regionName: mms

Please let me know if you need any more info

Best Regards
Inzaghi
Old 08/03/2010, 12:51 AM   #167 (permalink)

Inzhagi,

I have made the file for you, found a way to attach it here.

Please upgrade to 1.4.5 before trying this, as the database structure is different in 1.4.5. This file will work only in 1.4.5. Before sending this with WOQI to your phone, ensure that you first save a copy of the original file from the phone, so that you can put it back if something goes wrong.

Also please do a FULL restart after sending the file to the phone.

Please test it and let me know what works and what does not - I have set it up to give you SMS, VoiceMail & Data.

Vikram
Attached Files
File Type: zip CarrierNetworkSettings.zip (51.8 KB, 65 views) Email Attachment
Old 08/03/2010, 06:57 AM   #168 (permalink)

I'm in Costa Rica and I bet my carrier is not on the list (called "ICE")
I just got an "Factory Unlocked PRE" on eBay and it works here.

Go for it. Buy and unlocked pre
soltrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/03/2010, 08:54 AM   #169 (permalink)

Thanks Vikram, will let you know how it works out once I've tried it. Cheers mate
Old 08/03/2010, 10:24 AM   #170 (permalink)

Hi Vikram,

I haven't updated to 1.4.5 yet due to problems using Wifi, I am simply unable to access the internet via wifi even though it shows its connected so can't update to 1.4.5 yet. Is it possible to use this database file from my phone for the configuration Pls. Would appreciate the help very much.
Phil
Attached Files
File Type: zip CarrierNetworkSettings.zip (49.8 KB, 10 views) Email Attachment
Old 08/04/2010, 07:30 AM   #171 (permalink)

I get this screens, so I can not turn data on or of, en can not change carrier settings. Maybe anyone has an idea to change it.

I'm on Vodafone NL with UK 02 Pre, with Rebel sim and finaly, the pre installation is stable and good, so I prefer not to redoctor again.

Maybe vodafone NL is not in carriersettings.db3 (cant view it with SQliteviewer), but then again, I should have the possibility tot change data setting.

Please help!
toshabuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/04/2010, 08:24 AM   #172 (permalink)

Hi GuyfromNam,

I get the same screen even though i bought my Pre unlocked. I know my carrier is not in the database and am still struggling to edit the carriersettings database.
Old 08/04/2010, 09:06 AM   #173 (permalink)

Quote:
Hi GuyfromNam,

I get the same screen even though i bought my Pre unlocked. I know my carrier is not in the database and am still struggling to edit the carriersettings database.
I think there is a good possibility there is a fault in the installation. But you have the exact same screen?

I previously had 3G working with this doctor, but recovering the contacts went wrong, so I doctored again.

Is it possible to install/recover the phone/data application seperatly? I dont like to doctor again

Phone is working, so it has nothing to do with Rebel Sim
Old 08/05/2010, 04:15 AM   #174 (permalink)

Eventually I ended up Metadoctoring my device again, and 3G works with Vodafone NL

So,
1. make a metadoctor Rom (1.4.5 o2 uk) that automatically connects to your wifi (import wifi settings)
2. doctor your Pre (Phone works but data is on roaming and doesnt work)
3. Put phone in developer mode
4. Use this baseband tool to replace the modem
5. Restart
6. Phone->preferences->manual settings and put in your network settings

3G works with rebel simcard and 1.4.5
Old 08/05/2010, 05:29 AM   #175 (permalink)

Toshabuser,

I bought my Pre unlocked so I don't use rebel sim. I had the full complement of voice and data whilst using the phone in Germany. Now currently working in Ghana where I get only voice without data. I am able to activate 3G using the quick system tasks app but still no internet access. I tried adding my carrier settings to the database but still get no access. Is it possible its because I'm using a Pay As you Go sim? Do I need a Post paid package to make Data Work. I need help Pleeeease
Old 08/05/2010, 05:30 AM   #176 (permalink)

Toshabuser,

I bought my Pre unlocked so I don't use rebel sim. I had the full complement of voice and data whilst using the phone in Germany. Now currently working in Ghana where I get only voice without data. I am able to activate 3G using the quick system tasks app but still no internet access. I tried adding my carrier settings to the database but still get no access. Is it possible its because I'm using a Pay As you Go sim? Do I need a Post paid package to make Data Work. I need help Pleeeease
Old 08/05/2010, 09:10 AM   #177 (permalink)

Inzhagi,

I have made the file for you, this is a modification of your file. Before sending this with WOQI to your phone, ensure that you first save a copy of the original file from the phone, so that you can put it back if something goes wrong.

Please test it and let me know what works and what does not - I have set it up to give you SMS, VoiceMail & Data. If you are interested to see where your data is, look at row #158 in Carrier Network Table, and rows #389 & 390 of the Data Connections Table.

Do let me know what happens.

Vikram
Attached Files
File Type: zip CarrierNetworkSettings.zip (50.4 KB, 20 views) Email Attachment
Old 08/05/2010, 09:28 AM   #178 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikramPune View Post
Inzhagi,

I have made the file for you, this is a modification of your file. Before sending this with WOQI to your phone, ensure that you first save a copy of the original file from the phone, so that you can put it back if something goes wrong.

Please test it and let me know what works and what does not - I have set it up to give you SMS, VoiceMail & Data. If you are interested to see where your data is, look at row #158 in Carrier Network Table, and rows #389 & 390 of the Data Connections Table.

Vikram

Hi Vikram,

Thanks for coming through, will try the file this evening and let you know how things work out.
Cheers
Old 08/05/2010, 06:15 PM   #179 (permalink)

Thank you
soltrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/09/2010, 04:41 AM   #180 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikramPune View Post
Inzhagi,

Vikram
Hi Vikram,

I tried the file and it doesnt work at all, no sms, no internet, no mms. What do you think can be wrong?

Tags
carriers, ono, spain

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0