Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 289
Like Tree7Likes
  1. #141  
    here is my carrier file i edited i did make a backup of it before i did any changes.Ya the settings will work if i use a att sim and manualy change them and then put my sim back in i have mms and all but for somereason the internet and all stops working so i have redo this many times and its a pain. So i want to add them in this file so i dont have to keep swaping sim cards out.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 00grim; 07/07/2010 at 04:13 PM.
  2. #142  
    I am Wondering Y I do not have any info at all...
    My db3 file looks file an Empty One.



    My Provider Airtel (India) provided me with just 2 settings info for GPRS (no 3G yet)
    Asked to create a New Access Point with the name "MobileOffice"

    And under APN Enter "airtel.gprs.com"
    CarrierType "GPRS"
    No username and password

    Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks
    Last edited by zeushunt; 07/08/2010 at 02:54 AM.
  3. #143  
    Quote Originally Posted by zeushunt View Post
    I am Wondering Y I do not have any info at all...
    My db3 file looks file an Empty One.
    [...]
    You should look at the browse data tab, not the structure tab I believe
  4. #144  
    Hi,
    I don't have any dial sound when I dial mobile phones and some fixed lines.
    Does anyone know which parametre if any needs to be change on the network settings?
    Thanks in advance.


    Palm PrPrPr $Plus$ $unlocked$ $on$ $Orange$ $France$.
  5. #145  
    Thanks for showing the right path..
    Found it..
    Airtel GPRS works fine.. Out of Box ..

    Anyway there are setting to change the APN settings by selecting Phone --> Carrier name (on top let corner) --> Preferences

    Below in the settings we have Data Usage = Turn it ON
    Manual Settings = ON
    Select Edit Network Settings

    Enter Internet APN and MMS APN settings....

    Airtel GPRS Working fine here.
  6. #146  
    Thanks,

    I mean that when I call a mobile (and some other phones):
    -the number is dialed
    -there is no sound
    -and then either the person pick up the phone or I get the voicemail.

    Normally I would expect to hear that the phone is ringing on the otherside before the person picks up.
  7. #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaetan75009 View Post
    Thanks,

    I mean that when I call a mobile (and some other phones):
    -the number is dialed
    -there is no sound
    -and then either the person pick up the phone or I get the voicemail.

    Normally I would expect to hear that the phone is ringing on the otherside before the person picks up.
    Sometimes it happened also to me.. But I do not think is something related to the Database or even this posts... you should create a topic for your problem.

    Anyway, there was a time when this happed also to me especially when I made calls from Italy to Moldova. I tried to call someone outside Italy, the phone gave me no sign of life (no ringing and only the "connecting..." message) and suddendly the other person answered the call or the voicemail answerd...

    Really do not why, but now it doesn't happen anymore... maybe something related with carrier's problems...
  8. #148  
    Capitan

    Thanks for your answer.
    I doubt that it comes from an operator problem as it does not happen with my other phones.

    As I unlocked the phone , I was thinking it might be some parameter in the network carrier settings. That the reason why I posted here...
  9. #149  
    Does the phone need in dev mode i can read and write the files with out going into that is that why the settings dont hold. I had it on when i wrote the settings but still nothing works and everytime the settings disapear when i switch to a dif network then back.
    Last edited by 00grim; 07/09/2010 at 07:33 PM.
  10. #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by 00grim View Post
    Does the phone need in dev mode i can read and write the files with out going into that is that why the settings dont hold. I had it on when i wrote the settings but still nothing works and everytime the settings disapear when i switch to a dif network then back.
    You might need to edit PalmDatabase.db3 as you have set the manual settings. Use the steps to modify the entries, but look at case 6 "voicemail" to see how to modify PalmDatabase.db3. This worked for me as my carrier was not in the database. I did it with all apps closed on the phone and in airplane mode to make sure the database did not change while I was editing.

    How to solve 3G data problems - WebOS Internals
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  11. #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    You might need to edit PalmDatabase.db3 as you have set the manual settings. Use the steps to modify the entries, but look at case 6 "voicemail" to see how to modify PalmDatabase.db3. This worked for me as my carrier was not in the database. I did it with all apps closed on the phone and in airplane mode to make sure the database did not change while I was editing.

    How to solve 3G data problems - WebOS Internals
    do you think this is why i cant get the internet and mms settings to stay? Should i put the original file i got from this folder back unchanged and try this other method /usr/lib/luna/CarrierNetworkSettings.db3
  12. #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by 00grim View Post
    do you think this is why i cant get the internet and mms settings to stay? Should i put the original file i got from this folder back unchanged and try this other method /usr/lib/luna/CarrierNetworkSettings.db3
    I don't think it would change anything to put this back. Just follow the instructions in the voicemail case, but modify the network settings in the PalmDatabase.db3
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

    Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  13. #153  
    ok i did all that will have to see if the settings stick when i go to town again and come home that seems to be when i loose them.
  14. #154  
    That same case 6 also mentions a way to find out which of your databases is actually being used. Basically you change the voicemail numbers by setting those to 2 differnt test vallues. (see "There is a simple way to check which record/database is being used......).
    Also when manual settings in phone prefs is OFF, the second DB entries will not be used, but again you can check that with these different settings for voicemail.
  15. #155  
    i have tried everything i can i setup the settings manualy then copied the database to the pc tried them settings in the CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 file and now mms dont work at all this is really kicking my *** anyone have any ideas
  16. sjengie's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #156  
    just to let you know that this fabulous procedure also worked fine for my German Palm Pixi Plus on maroccon Telecom Maroc (IAM is not in the dbase)
  17. #157  
    00grim

    You might need to enter your mms like this:
    Code:
    http://mms.x.y:80
    The default port is 0 in the database which didn't work in my case . This is not just the mms proxy. I also had to do it to the mms server. I'm talking about in the manual settings in phone preferences not in the database.
    Last edited by frantid; 07/11/2010 at 06:30 PM.
  18. #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    00grim

    You might need to enter your mms like this:
    Code:
    http://mms.x.y:80
    The default port is 0 in the database which didn't work in my case . This is not just the mms proxy. I also had to do it to the mms server. I'm talking about in the manual settings in phone preferences not in the database.
    if i put the settings in manualy on the phone they work but then they stop when the phone changes and roams on a dif network then i have to do it all over again.
  19. #159  
    Not working in New Zealand on 2degrees carrier.
    Activation can be achieved by using a Vodafone pre-pay

    2degrees is absent from the CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 so i had to create a new entry. Able to get 2g and 3g data working, mms may or may not work.

    Attached file so anyone else needing to connect wont find it so painful.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  20. tema's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    #160  
    this works perfect, thanks so much!!
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions