Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitano69 View Post
    No news since I have problems with the WOQI... simply it do not recognize anymore my Pre... it gives me an error when I try to connect to the PRE for sending and receving files... it gives me an error "connection refused" and then "no device found"...

Really do not understand what happened!
    Sorry for stating the obvious. Is a copy of the 1.4 file in the same directory as QI? Is the Pre in developer mode? I don't think you need the novacom drivers. I certainly have not installed those on my PC. I thought QI only needs the right webOS file.
    You might get better answers in the QI thread.
    Last edited by Dick99999; 03/19/2010 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Sorry, wrong info about Qi see post below
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    Sorry for stating the obvious. Is a copy of the 1.4 file in the same directory as QI? Is the Pre in developer mode? I don't think you need the novacom drivers. I certainly have not installed those on my PC. I thought QI only needs the right webOS file.
    To be sure I downloaded again the 1.4 OS and put it in the same directory of the WOQI v3.0.2... I will try again

EDIT: no way! I downloaded again 1.4, turned off/on again dev mode... nothing... it always says "connection refused" "no device found"
    Last edited by Capitano69; 03/16/2010 at 12:20 PM.
    I resolved the problem... now WOQI works. I will try to modify settings for MMS ASAP..
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    Sorry, my remark about QI not needing drivers was wrong. the QI thread clearly states Novacom as a requirement.
    Apparently Novacomd is installed automatically on win XP by QI (first use) an/or Palm's webOS doctor. QI also has an option to (File/options) to reinstall novacom.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    So,mms will work? l am able to receive mms but can not send one, gprs and edge are working fine,l connect to internet over 3G,GPRS,EDGE flawlessly ...
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    ....no solution yet?
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Just a note that my settings were overwritten when patching to 1.4.1 so if you done any editing to your CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 you might want to check if they are still there or not.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    That seemed to be the case, including a missing voicemail number. However, an extra boot after the completion of the update restored everything in my case.
    I have successfully added my local MVNO and can call, send SMS and have full 3G services. The thing is I get the "R" roaming symbol on the display. Can anyone point to a reason for this? The phone has been unlocked and is being used in the same country, just on another network.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Unfortunately l have sold my Pre it was to disappointing for me...until something better comes out from Pre,to many issues which l haven't been able to solve,lack of mms sending,lack of sms reply request,lack of ussd codes..and camera without autofocus..
    Thank you all for advices and help. Will be here time to time to check it what is new.
    Quote Originally Posted by kronos1 View Post
    Unfortunately l have sold my Pre it was to disappointing for me...until something better comes out from Pre,to many issues which l haven't been able to solve,lack of mms sending,lack of sms reply request,lack of ussd codes..and camera without autofocus..
    Thank you all for advices and help. Will be here time to time to check it what is new.
    I have managed to get all those services on my MVNO, the only problem is that the pre seems to remember the network it was on before and now thinks it is roaming constantly..
    Sorry if I didn't reply to this post for a long time, but it's almost 1 month that I'm in Italy and here all the providers are fully supported by the Pre...so I do not have the possibility to check the database settings... when I'll be back in Moldova I will try to add other options to the database...
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    lf any news from testing become positive then post it here, for now palm pre is a decent phone to have but basics like sms delivery report,mms sending,ussd codes must be in any phone why then not in pre? perhaps users can live with 3mpx camera but basics are needed for users that are using pre on non listed networks.
    Just an update- I have not been able to find a reason why my Pre shows R for roaming. The operator is in the same country as the operator used for activation, maybe the R is shown as the operator I added to the DB is MVNO?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitano69 View Post
    Sorry if I didn't reply to this post for a long time, but it's almost 1 month that I'm in Italy and here all the providers are fully supported by the Pre...so I do not have the possibility to check the database settings... when I'll be back in Moldova I will try to add other options to the database...
    any news=?
    super irritated with the Palm Pre...I thought i fixed the 3G issue..but it seems it's not fixed..now Data is not available and I cannot even use manual settings...
    I tried the fix DB..but no help there...
    I guess another option is to see if my sim card is faulty..which cannot be the case since using my E71, data is available...
    Anyone with any ideas??? I'm using the O2 but am in Singapore..It was working fine with the network and had Data and MMS working
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daexpression View Post
    super irritated with the Palm Pre...I thought i fixed the 3G issue..but it seems it's not fixed..now Data is not available and I cannot even use manual settings...
    I tried the fix DB..but no help there...
    I guess another option is to see if my sim card is faulty..which cannot be the case since using my E71, data is available...
    Anyone with any ideas??? I'm using the O2 but am in Singapore..It was working fine with the network and had Data and MMS working
    but what have u done then,when 3g is not working??
    did u update you pre or did you reset it?
    which network are you on? SingTel, M1, Starhub? Do you have voice and SMS?
    I have fix d mcc mnc of d carrier but cant send SMS more than 160 character.
    is there a way to fix d prob by editing which filed of db??
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    kriss2k6 do you have mms and can you send or recieve mms? try to find 160 in db and there you double or triple 160 to gain accession for long sms
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast