Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    False alarm. I checked it on 1.4 it works. See How to solve 3G data problems - WebOS Internals and please update that.
    I checked the procedure and works with WebOS 1.4
    The only problem is that since Palm added some new carriers you need to get the new carrierdatabase, create a new record and enter again all the infos.. or at least I think you can use the old one if you do not care about other carriers...
    But i think is much better to obtain the new carrier database and add again a new record for your carrier
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    With this change the values for supportedService and serviceDefault seem to be:
    0 different descriptions: push email, email, VPN, prepaid, streaming and even WAP and MMS
    1 GPRS (and 3g?)
    2 WAP
    4 MMS
    5 Thether

Ok the what is Theater and if my network has WAP,GPRS,EDGE,MMS,3G what number do l put in the set up then?? with SQLite date baser
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Still no luck with mms...phone receiving mms but wont send one....
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    with 1.4 firmware, now i can connect to Data (EDGE/3G) on Orange Network.
    but when i send an MMS the icon of the EDGE/3G disappeared! and MMS msg becomes grayed! My Data and MMS settings all correct,

anybody knows what that means and facing like this problem regarding MMS?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    dose you noticed that GPRS/EDGE/3G Icon disappeared each time you try to send an MMS?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    dose you noticed that GPRS/EDGE/3G Icon disappeared each time you try to send an MMS?
    Yes that is happening to me!
    Quote Originally Posted by kronos1 View Post
    Under "_dataconnectionsettings" compare other carrier settings with yours..
    E.G I found that the italian carrier TIM has 3 different records with the same 13digit ID number... and the record associated to the MMS has this settings:

supportedservice=4
    servicedefault=4

I also compared these settings with other carriers and I found that all the carriers have a record for the MMS with these number...
    Create a record with the same ID of your carrier and insert here all the settings for the MMS included these numbers... maybe this will help you

Btw, still no luck with the USSD commands on PRE... they work with italian carrier WIND but the do not work with the moldavian carrier Orange... anyone has an idea?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Capitano69 View Post
    Under "_dataconnectionsettings" compare other carrier settings with yours..
    E.G I found that the italian carrier TIM has 3 different records with the same 13digit ID number... and the record associated to the MMS has this settings:

supportedservice=4
    servicedefault=4

I also compared these settings with other carriers and I found that all the carriers have a record for the MMS with these number...
    Create a record with the same ID of your carrier and insert here all the settings for the MMS included these numbers... maybe this will help you

Btw, still no luck with the USSD commands on PRE... they work with italian carrier WIND but the do not work with the moldavian carrier Orange... anyone has an idea?
    l will try so,but l am not impressed any more, l mean all in one device but lack of mms??? Video record,camera,multimedioa,social networkinf wifi,all is ok...perfect...but simple thing as mms not working...any one has workable mms sending option,on telenor or vodafon network=?
    is your network unsupported by the PRE? I mean, if your carrier is not included in list surely it will lack something... you need to try a workaround... creating a record for your carrier, modifying setting for an exsiting carrier... an so on...
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    is your network unsupported by the PRE? I mean, if your carrier is not included in list surely it will lack something... you need to try a workaround... creating a record for your carrier, modifying setting for an exsiting carrier... an so on...
    l have create all new settings in setup for my ho0me carrier,so l have GPRS,EDGE,3G,l can recieve mms but l cant send one..l dont know why..

this is for GPRS l havent yet import mms settings in this table..what *mod numb* stands for in the table?

Those are all 3 networks that are working in my country...
    try creating the record for the mms settings... I do not know for what purpouse is the _mod_num field... In my settings I left it blank and it works... how did you choose the numbers?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    try creating the record for the mms settings... I do not know for what purpouse is the _mod_num field... In my settings I left it blank and it works... how did you choose the numbers?
    l have seen that numbers are inc rising for 4,or for 5 or for 9 or for 13,so l put random, l will try to put none as you,can you send me all from your carrier set up like in table: for each value what have u put exactly?
    I will do it as soon as possible... to be honest I only created the settings about the MMS but I did not check if it works... I really did not yet send any MMS.. I almost have all what I need, I mean, 3G, SMS, data connection...

I will verify if the MMS settings work and send you the settings as soon as possible..
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I will do it as soon as possible... to be honest I only created the settings about the MMS but I did not check if it works... I really did not yet send any MMS.. I almost have all what I need, I mean, 3G, SMS, data connection...

I will verify if the MMS settings work and send you the settings as soon as possible..
    any news...?
    Hey, Everybody!

I see I'm not the only one here confused. So I will ask (maybe stupid to someone) question. I have bought used Palm Pre recently from Germany (since it has QWERTZ keyboard) and I cant understand how to configure my phone cellular internet. I have also recently got 1.4.0 software. So maybe there are some changes for editing carrier network settings? Generally my question would be how to make the cellular internet work by simplest and shortest way (I'm not ant PC professional user)? And I use my Pre in Lithuania, my network carrier is Omnitel.

Also maybe it is the place where I can ask hot to delete/modify/create new Palm profile in my phone?

Thank You, Guys, and hoping to hear from You soon!
    any news...?
    No news since I have problems with the WOQI... simply it do not recognize anymore my Pre... it gives me an error when I try to connect to the PRE for sending and receving files... it gives me an error "connection refused" and then "no device found"...

Really do not understand what happened!
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    well try to crush system on you PC or MAC or try to reinstall drivers for pre...novacam drivers
    well try to crush system on you PC or MAC or try to reinstall drivers for pre...novacam drivers
    Do not think is the MAC... maybe I made something on the PRE... How do I reinstall novacam drivers?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    hmmm.l am using pc...so l uninstall programs in control panel and add and remove program...l dont know how is on MAC,perhaps it is something other...l saw somewhere on this forum how people are dealing with mac problems..
    ****, I'm still trying to solve the problem about the USSD command but I cannot find a solution... in the table _carriernetworksetting there 2 fields: smsEmailgateway and smscnumber. I inserted the sms center number in the 2nd field and solved the problem about sending SMS... i think the 1st field is related to the USSD command in some way but I cannot understand how.

Anyway, also if the procedure is not perfect and compelt i will write down here for all users:

1) Obtain the Carrier Database using one of the method at the beginning of the post

20) Leave other fields blank in case of doubt or insert the most common number from other carriers. E.G. in the field "_class_id" all other carriers have number "1" so I inserted the number 1 also for my carrier...

This should be everything... I want to be clear that this procedure is based on an empiric process of several tries i made and it worked in my case (I inserted some settings and sent the file to the Pre, resetted it and tryied t see how the modifications worked)
    Maybe it will not work in other specific situations... in this case i cannot be of help, you should make changes and try several times until the settings will work for your carrier..
    That is a solid and welcome peace of work. I have taken the liberty to include it in the 3g data problems wiki. So everybody can update it, should that be needed.
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast