Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    I believe the webOS method is preferable if it works, but came into operation with webOS 1.3.1. This DB method predates that.
    Having said that, if your carrier is not in the DB, you still have to go the DB way. After the creation of the carrier, you probably can go the GUI way again, but I have never tried that. And some report that they cannot save the Gui settings. I believe that has never been solved, again the DB way could probably be used.

And then there problems that require a change in the GSM modem files. Also those problems cannot be solved by the Gui way.
    As some else said, it's a matter of trying, there is no definitive answer or solution yet.
    Last edited by Dick99999; 01/30/2010 at 08:59 AM.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    http://rapidshare.com/files/34365253...tings.db3.html
    check the fields with operator names "cricKet" i replaced sprints with those and the valid settings for my carrier which can also be found here Cricket Complete MMS/WAP Settings (change file send/rec size limit included) - PPCGeeks[url
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    ^^Thank you! will edit and report
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    edited...still no luck
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Do you have a backup of your original db3 file? (and I mean, before you started fiddling with it) And all required login credentials? Post them here. If you can get 3 people to edit them, at least one of the versions will hopefully work. ;-)
    here is the original i appreciate all help given and any that comes

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms
    username: leave blank
    password: leave blank
    Port for mms on cricket is 8080
    i didn't see anything that needed my MDN

This is also a link to verified settings for cricket mms
    Cricket Complete MMS/WAP Settings (change file send/rec size limit included) - PPCGeeks
    Hi Palmdoc

Thanks to you and the other Palm warriors who do all the heavy lifting for us. I have finally got my Pre on 3G with Virgin Mobile in Australia. The new OS enables you to make a lot of adjustments manually (as pointed out elsewhere in these threads). I went into phone, preferences and made the following settings:
    1. Changed APN (after turning manual settings on)
    2. Enabled data usage
    3. Set network type to automatic

Hope this will help some of the other noobs out there.
    Now, this is what I tried to get Vodafone NL, in vain...

I took the most recently offered CarrierNetworkSettings.zip in this tread, opened it with SQLite Manager Firefox plugin and did a search for vodafone.

I found the Vodafone settings for business customers: office.vodafone.nl. I changed that to what ordinary customers have to use: live.vodafone.com

This works on an iPhone, there I only have to enter the VPN settings live.vodafone.com and vodafone vodafone

To no avail. Did the location of this db3 file change since webOS 1.3.5.2? That is the version I am currently running. I used the location as explained in the first posting in this thread.
    Last edited by reinder.rustema; 02/05/2010 at 03:56 PM.
    ReindeR
    Reinder, there's another thread on Vodafone NL. You also have to edit some other files.
    Thanks, I found the posting about changing the /etc/ppp/options-gsm file to make it work. Will give it a try and will post the results for all those who are searching for the fix.

And indeed, it works! Finally. Although I got myself an iPhone 3GS already. But this at least will help sell it for a better price.
    Last edited by reinder.rustema; 02/05/2010 at 03:35 PM.
    ReindeR
    What application in Mac OS X are you guys using to edit the /etc/ppp/options-gsm file?
    Quote Originally Posted by B-E-A-S-T View Post
    What application in Mac OS X are you guys using to edit the /etc/ppp/options-gsm file?
    TextEdit initially, but in the end I did not bother editting but used the two files uploaded here by Dick99999. To edit the SQL database you can not use TextEdit, you add SQLite manager to Firefox. It shows up under the Tools menu. Without resizing the window you can not really work with it.
    ReindeR
    It did not work...I am just saddening every moment that goes on...such an amazing phone sitting like a brick on my table, a modern day tragedy...

The only interesting this is that after doing this, now when I try to put my manual APN settings into the phone it actually takes some time leaving me with the perception that it is actually checking the information with the network...sigh, I am so beaten down even this seems like a little victory!
    I also edited the /etc/ppp/options-gsm file and restarted the phone without any luck
    Anybody know if this works for CDMA? I would like to change the v/mail #
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

palmdoc2005, Dick99999, Der Jens, dubiki:

I want to thank all of you for making this so easy - I got an unlocked gsm O2 pre 1.3.5.2 from Germany, here to India, and was dismayed to find that only voice worked - no sms, no data, etc. Thanks to the work put in by you guys, I was able to use this method, replace settings for some other carrier with mine, and get everything working.

You guys Rock ! Thanks again.
    Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Treo 180 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Palm Pre (busted) -> iPhone4 (awesome) + iPad
    changing the v/mail# Doesnt work for cdma on sprint

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Figures. there isn't even a nr for Sprint in the vmail column.
    Too bad. Perhaps it's in the PalmDatabase?
    Yeah i tried that too nothing there either.....Oh well

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I have data working to a degree...i can't use anything that requires SSL as tinyproxy doesn't support it....i was editing the db3 to try and get mms working...i will try this file and see. THANK YOU!!
    everything is working on my palm pre except its not sending sms...its bought from germany O2 and i am using it on rabel sim.....i am using it on WARID Pakistan...my carrier is not listed what should i do..
    thanks
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    webOS 1.3.5 (Sprint) changed some of the data settings in the carrier database. I only compared the data part, not the network settings
    - A small number of entries have been deleted like push.vodafone, record 91
    - A small number of entries have been inserted or modified
    - most interesting: a thether code has been introduced, for example for live.vodafone.com (AU), record 244 and some 7 entries for Cingular, all called ICS (?). And O2 describes this 5 value as Test

With this change the values for supportedService and serviceDefault seem to be:
    0 different descriptions: push email, email, VPN, prepaid, streaming and even WAP and MMS
    1 GPRS (and 3g?)
    2 WAP
    4 MMS
    5 Thether
    Ok this is very usefull l put for gprs 1 and for mms 4 and still l can not send or receive mms,l have tested all 3 carriers in Serbia all 3 are 3G networks and like l said gprs/edge working flawlessly and mms not...l am not surprised that some small detail is problem but l have not be able to find out what is problem?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Ok it is working-by changing manually mms set up in phone menu.

tap on dial pad then up left on operator name and the preferences and the set upa manually mms settings like your provider is has on their home page. after that mms is working for me.

Still perhaps in the set up values can be changed so you dont have to import manually set up like this. l will try to find out where the problem is.
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast