Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Thank you guys!! This little trick made my Pre work with Saunalahti carrier in Finland

Im soo happy now with webOs 1.3.1

I've attached modded network carrier list to support Saunalahti.
    Just rename it to .db3 dont try to unzip it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I've added my carrier (not edited) to this and i've only managed to solve sms issue (couldn't even send sms.. don't get me started on 3G)

But the funny thing is, i've recieved already used PRE (ebay),.. it had the profile still on.. And when i inserted my sim.. 3G worked right away.. I should of just created new profile from there and deleted current one at that time (is that possible?)

But sadly i've restored the phone and had to use meta-doctor to even get pass activation.. Now i'm stuck without 3G. Can anyone tell me how did it work before? And what chances i have of creating a profile somehow? German Pre..
  3. sif
    I've added my carrier....? what data you entered?
    I am in Croatia, Europe, using VIP GSM operator. Where to find operator settings?
    - or I'm too tired to understand upper lines - or I'm to simple user to understand it :-(
    webOS 1.3.5 (Sprint) changed some of the data settings in the carrier database. I only compared the data part, not the network settings
    - A small number of entries have been deleted like push.vodafone, record 91
    - A small number of entries have been inserted or modified
    - most interesting: a thether code has been introduced, for example for live.vodafone.com (AU), record 244 and some 7 entries for Cingular, all called ICS (?). And O2 describes this 5 value as Test

With this change the values for supportedService and serviceDefault seem to be:
    0 different descriptions: push email, email, VPN, prepaid, streaming and even WAP and MMS
    1 GPRS (and 3g?)
    2 WAP
    4 MMS
    5 Thether
    Last edited by Dick99999; 12/31/2009 at 04:11 AM. Reason: Attachment and O2
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    webOS 1.3.5 (Sprint) changed some of the data settings in the carrier database. I only compared the data part, not the network settings
    - A small number of entries have been deleted like push.vodafone, record 91
    - A small number of entries have been inserted or modified
    - most interesting: a thether code has been introduced, for example for live.vodafone.com (AU), record 244 and some 7 entries for Cingular, all called ICS (?). And O2 describes this 5 value as Test

With this change the values for supportedService and serviceDefault seem to be:
    0 different descriptions: push email, email, VPN, prepaid, streaming and even WAP and MMS
    1 GPRS (and 3g?)
    2 WAP
    4 MMS
    5 Thether
    Thanks a lot for this insight. Can you explain the entries fo r SWISSCOM? apparently they have changes as well. What is the meaning of the "*" in front of the records?
    Quote Originally Posted by mullern View Post
    Thanks a lot for this insight. Can you explain the entries fo r SWISSCOM? apparently they have changes as well. What is the meaning of the "*" in front of the records?
    These marks are generated by the compare program Ultra compare.
    * is modified
    < is new
    > a record deleted

Also note that I deleted some columns to get usable results. So these listed records can NOT be used in the database, use an original copy of database records in stead.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Does this mean 'modified CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 users' will need to extract the changed db3 after the 1.3.5 update and amend their login data once again, or can we just copy our working db3 to the Pre.
    My carrier DB entry for tmobile-NL indeed has been reset to the wrong standard values after an OTA standard update to 1.3.5 (Spint) on a German Pre. However, my manual setting have survived the update, so 3G data was working right after the update as it was before.

I would not recommend to copy a DB from a previous webOS onto a new webOS version. It might have unanticipated side effects even if it would seem to work. Just copy the changed field values onto the new DB
    Last edited by Dick99999; 01/02/2010 at 04:34 AM. Reason: old to new
    I have the same setup: German Pre on tmob NL. So you have manual 3G settings and wrote the vm number to the db3?.......
    Please see http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...ml#post2046253 for the voicemail changes
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    can anyone modify it for me to work with t-mobile in the US?
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    PaynGo Denmark (Telia dk)

All ting works after modify CarrierNetworkSettings.db3

just dowload CarrierNetworkSettings.zip file , unzip file and send CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 to your palm pre gsm.
    Thanks. Well in that case it's easier to just use an amended carrier db3 It's been ages since I toyed with SQL.
    There is another riskier way. Copy the DB to your windows PC. It contains many tables. Run SQlite (freeware) and change the voicemail (just by clicking, no SQL) in the right table (carrier data etc). Copy the DB back.
    A small risk is that the DB is changed on your Pre during that time.... So close all apps first.

Try it first, then do it quickly all over again, I have done this and it worked.
    It seems i having some problem with Webos quick install. its not opening any windows when i click on any menu items. is their any alternative way to do step3. quick response will be really appreciated.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    seems this doesn't work for CDMA models? i tried editing the sprint values out for whats needed for cricket(what i flashed to) with no luck
    Quote Originally Posted by ridhima View Post
    It seems i having some problem with Webos quick install. its not opening any windows when i click on any menu items. is their any alternative way to do step3. quick response will be really appreciated.
    May be you quick install directory does not contain the (right version?) webOS file, see quick install instructions.
    What does one do if the Carrier (in this case FIDO in Canada) does not exist in these CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 file?

Also is anyone here using RebelSIM ever experienced the phone showing "R" roaming mode which was then corrected once the carrier settings were adjusted (because you could not manually adjust the APN settings)?
    Quote Originally Posted by B-E-A-S-T View Post
    What does one do if the Carrier (in this case FIDO in Canada) does not exist in these CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 file?

Also is anyone here using RebelSIM ever experienced the phone showing "R" roaming mode which was then corrected once the carrier settings were adjusted (because you could not manually adjust the APN settings)?
    Try google
    RebelSIM roaming site:forums.precentral.net
    or try search on this forum
    RebelSIM+roaming
    Last edited by Dick99999; 01/30/2010 at 02:53 AM. Reason: AND operator for search on this forum
    Quote Originally Posted by meCka View Post
    can anyone modify it for me to work with t-mobile in the US?
    There are many records in the carrier DB for tmobile (for I think many areas) in the USA. Did you try manual settings in the phone preferences?
    Quote Originally Posted by B-E-A-S-T View Post
    What does one do if the Carrier (in this case FIDO in Canada) does not exist in these CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 file? ...........
    This post provides a solution if the networks operator is not present in the database. There are other postings that claim success doing the same.
    What would be the difference between the sqlite method and using the WebOS GUI?
    --> How to change the APN on the Palm Pre | Marc's Blog
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast