Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Denva View Post
    I have added my Carrier settings but i dont know how to run and update my pre
    I think we need more info, Denva...

You sent a modified carrierdb.json to your Pre? Or you got the settings needed into the dialer preferences?

What do you mean by "run"???

What are you trying to update???

What carrier are you using?

All this info will help someone help you better.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Hi, have edited the post and made the changes you suggest. Also Added one more option to get the db3 file - using WOQI.
    Please Can you add this for me on my palm pre because i dont know how to send the file

MCC: 620
    MNC: 01
    Apn: Internet
    Operator Name: MTN GH
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Hi, have edited the post and made the changes you suggest. Also Added one more option to get the db3 file - using WOQI.
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    I think we need more info, Denva...

You sent a modified carrierdb.json to your Pre? Or you got the settings needed into the dialer preferences?

What do you mean by "run"???

What are you trying to update???

What carrier are you using?

All this info will help someone help you better.
    @ Rumore can you show me how to do this step by step ?
    Because i dont know how to edit carrier or add some to the db3 file .
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    here is my modify db3 file Check if something is wrong inside

CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
    @ Rumore can you show me how to do this step by step ?
    Because i dont know how to edit carrier or add some to the db3 file .
    There is a good How-To on editing your carrierdb.json here: HOWTO: Edit your carrierdb.json file

here is my modify db3 file Check if something is wrong inside

CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
    I can't get that file... I don't have download privilege unless I join.

I can't find enough info on my search to fill in this form here: DigitalUnlock carrierdb.json Editor

But maybe you have all the info? It would generate an entry for you to try adding to the file on your phone.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Denva likes this.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    There is a good How-To on editing your carrierdb.json here: HOWTO: Edit your carrierdb.json file

I can't find enough info on my search to fill in this form here: DigitalUnlock carrierdb.json Editor

But maybe you have all the info? It would generate an entry for you to try adding to the file on your phone.
    @ Rumorednow Thnx much for your reply .
    Waiting for your help
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    here is another link @ Rumored <<>>>
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

@ Rumored I want to know how to put the Output data giving by the DigitalUnlock screen
    @ Rumored I want to know how to put the Output data giving by the DigitalUnlock screen
    1) Complete the carrierdb.json builder over here: DigitalUnlock carrierdb.json Editor

2) Save the output on your computer as "Test carrier" or any name you can remember. It should look like this: Free Cloud Storage - MediaFire <--- this is just to show the form of the data - it isn't for MTN, Ghana

3) put your phone in Developer mode and reboot it, then connect it to your computer and open webOS Quick Install (WOSQI)

4) in WOSQI click Tools > Receive File > type in exactly this > /etc/carrierdb/carrierdb.json

5) rename that file "Original carrierdb.json.".. In case you need to use the original copy again

6) Open the file "Original carrierdb.json"

7) Open the Output file from DigitalUnlock. Copy the contents

8) Paste the Output at the end of the "Original carrierdb.json"

9) rename "Original carrierdb.json" with the new entry pasted on as "carrierdb.json"

10) in WOSQI go to Tools > Send File >

In the file box navigate to the updated "carrierdb.json"
    In the location enter /etc/carrierdb

the file will be sent to your phone

11) close WOSQI, take phone out of Developer Mode and reboot... Disconnect from computer.

If you put all the info into the builder right (step 1-2) then it should help your phone connect with your network.
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 07/18/2012 at 12:12 PM.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    1) Complete the carrierdb.json builder over here: DigitalUnlock carrierdb.json Editor

2) Save the output on your computer as "Test carrier" or any name you can remember. It should look like this: Free Cloud Storage - MediaFire <--- this is just to show the form of the data - it isn't for MTN, Ghana

3) put your phone in Developer mode and reboot it, then connect it to your computer and open webOS Quick Install (WOSQI)

4) in WOSQI click Tools > Receive File > type in exactly this > /etc/carrierdb/carrierdb.json

5) rename that file "Original carrierdb.json.".. In case you need to use the original copy again

6) Open the file "Original carrierdb.json"

7) Open the Output file from DigitalUnlock. Copy the contents

8) Paste the Output at the end of the "Original carrierdb.json"

9) rename "Original carrierdb.json" with the new entry pasted on as "carrierbd.json"

10) in WOSQI go to Tools > Send File >

In the file box navigate to the updated "carrierdb.json"
    In the location enter /etc/carrierdb

the file will be sent to your phone

11) close WOSQI, take phone out of Developer Mode and reboot... Disconnect from computer.

If you put all the info into the builder right (step 1-2) then it should help your phone connect with your network.
    What a Nice Info . Rumored am Giving it a try , if any Good or bad news I will let you know
    take this as you've done a great JOB
    What a Nice Info . Rumored am Giving it a try , if any Good or bad news I will let you know
    take this as you've done a great JOB
    Thank you!

Except for the typo in 9)...

I've fixed it and hope you caught the mistake. I really want to hear how this went.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Thank you!

Except for the typo in 9)...

I've fixed it and hope you caught the mistake. I really want to hear how this went.
    @ Rumored I dont get This folder you mentioned in the post /etc/carrierdb/carrierdb.json In My Phone
    @ Rumored I dont get This folder you mentioned in the post /etc/carrierdb/carrierdb.json In My Phone
    Are you saying your phone does not have that folder?

Have you confirmed this with Internalz Pro?

Sounds like you are missing a vital piece. Have you Doctored your phone?

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Hi guys, I really need your help. Most of you come to this topic because you cannot use 3g or gprs service. I followed exactly 3 steps and finally make the GPRS works, brilliant! But in my case, not only the internet doesn't work but also the sms and call service. I can only receive sms from friends, but I cannot send sms or make any call. When thay call me they here busy notification. When I make a call, it silents and auto drop. So, I want to ask you that:
    Beside CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 file, is there any other file that I can modify to make the SMS and CALL service work properly? There are 2 other carriers in my country that when I insert their sim, the service work out of the box, but not my current carrier. I think I need to insert it somewhere. Please help me. If this phone cannot call or sms, it is useless to me
    Quote Originally Posted by laika207 View Post
    Hi guys, I really need your help. Most of you come to this topic because you cannot use 3g or gprs service. I followed exactly 3 steps and finally make the GPRS works, brilliant! But in my case, not only the internet doesn't work but also the sms and call service. I can only receive sms from friends, but I cannot send sms or make any call. When thay call me they here busy notification. When I make a call, it silents and auto drop. So, I want to ask you that:
    Beside CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 file, is there any other file that I can modify to make the SMS and CALL service work properly? There are 2 other carriers in my country that when I insert their sim, the service work out of the box, but not my current carrier. I think I need to insert it somewhere. Please help me. If this phone cannot call or sms, it is useless to me
    There is also the carrierdb.json file. here is a great how-to on modifying that. HOWTO: Edit your carrierdb.json file

Mobile Nations Devotee
    There is also the carrierdb.json file. here is a great how-to on modifying that. HOWTO: Edit your carrierdb.json file
    thank you. But I thought that carrierdb.json file is for 2.x os version only. I use 1.4.5
    good day everyone, first i just want to ask if an unlock at&t palm pixi plus 3g would work in the philippines? if not will this thread do the trick?
    i hope someone can answer me,sorry if this is a dumb question, by the way the pixi is my little sisters mobile and she is begging me to activate the 3g cause she is using the very slow edge, please help me, i dont want to let her down, thanks alot
    Quote Originally Posted by angelouz View Post
    good day everyone, first i just want to ask if an unlock at&t palm pixi plus 3g would work in the philippines? if not will this thread do the trick?
    i hope someone can answer me,sorry if this is a dumb question, by the way the pixi is my little sisters mobile and she is begging me to activate the 3g cause she is using the very slow edge, please help me, i dont want to let her down, thanks alot
    If we look at Pixi Plus specs: Palm Pixi Plus - Full phone specifications

And the frequencies used by carriers in the Phillipines for UMTS (the standard that carries 3G and 3.5G [H+]) Mobile Network Code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It does appear that the device should be compatible.

Which Carrier is she using? Are you sure 3G is in your area?

One thing that worries me is the split on the comm board. Note how HSDPA is set up:
    850/1900 for AT&T

Some companies split 3G uplink and downlink over two frequencies... In the Phillipines that might apply to Globe and Smart. If they do split Up and Down it might cause a problem that 850 and 2100 are not paired in the setup. They might only see half the capability they want to enable 3G.

One alternative might be to try a SIM from SUN which has UMTS only on 2100. If you can borrow one from a friend to try it would be a good investigation step...

Mobile Nations Devotee
    If we look at Pixi Plus specs: Palm Pixi Plus - Full phone specifications

And the frequencies used by carriers in the Phillipines for UMTS (the standard that carries 3G and 3.5G [H+]) Mobile Network Code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It does appear that the device should be compatible.

Which Carrier is she using? Are you sure 3G is in your area?

One thing that worries me is the split on the comm board. Note how HSDPA is set up:
    850/1900 for AT&T

Some companies split 3G uplink and downlink over two frequencies... In the Phillipines that might apply to Globe and Smart. If they do split Up and Down it might cause a problem that 850 and 2100 are not paired in the setup. They might only see half the capability they want to enable 3G.

One alternative might be to try a SIM from SUN which has UMTS only on 2100. If you can borrow one from a friend to try it would be a good investigation step...
    thanks sir for the response, ok, about your first question, what carrier she is using? she is using a globe sim, and the second if im sure there is 3g signal in my area? yes im sure,im using 3g on my android phone and on my broadband usb stick, and about your suggestion to put a sun sim on the pixi, i also did that,but still no 3g indicated on the top bar not even an e, and i also put a sun broadband sim but the device showed an error saying "sim not provisioned" please help me sir, i dont know what to do
    Excellent... Thank you for the answers.

Have you looked in the Phone Dialer Pad preferences and made sure network is set to automatic or 3G?

Pretty basic so I guess you have...

I looked at my copy of carrierdb.json from GSM unlocked Pre 2. There is an entry there for Globe. (The MCC/MNC match the table on Wikipedia and also the Long name for carrier is a match.)

Here is a copy of the info for you to download.

Globe carrierdb.json

Follow the directions in THE FIRST POST HERE to edit the Globe info onto the end of her carrierdb.json file and send the new version to the phone.

Mobile Nations Devotee