Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    I had modified CarrierNetworkSettings before I post the message but 3G and MMS doesn't work. I need more than words.
    Regards.
    Here I just messed with the software webdoctorom. He did it and I can not turn on the phone. Search for me to enroll my profile then reports a fault in the matter, transferred me to adjust the parameters of the network and reports a fault although he did not know 100 percent and that is my passion lead to the beginning because I was getting the phone because it had to sent by telephone and gave the BG 25eu that worked. Now I'm at the beginning and come to me crying because we jee what I had done wrong. I do not know what to do. How do I retrieve it?
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    In 2.0 manual setting do work, but i cannot use Internet from my laptop with my Pre as a modem, because it says I don't have permission, smth like that
    Hi, I am eager to know how do you configure that manually? Thanks!!!
    Just wondering, does this fix also apply to the Pre 3? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotmaKer View Post
    Ok, just to let you guys know, I finally managed to get the data to work on my device. Made some changes in the database file, although not sure which ones made the trick.

I did put "hs_null" in the username and password fields instead of just leaving them blank, then changed the supportedService and serviceDefault values from 1 to 2. I'm not sure if the device is now using the wap settings though as I also did create another new record in the Data Connection Settings with the supportedService and serviceDefault values set to 1 and a different apn, username and password which I came across while looking for solutions to my problem on the internet - although the latter apn, username and password are not likely to work since these are rather old information.

I did get the job done though, and couldn't be more thrilled at the moment. Again, I'd like to thank you guys very much for this kickass tutorial. By the way, I installed my first theme and the Pixi just looks big time badass now !!
    Hi Shotmaker, I am in the same situation with proxy setting in APN.
    I guessed the proxy is mmscWapGateway, so I filled the proxy ip in that field, port in mmscPortNumber.
    supportedService and serviceDefault seem represent (from other thread)
    1 GPRS (and 3g?)
    2 WAP
    4 MMS
    5 Thether
    So I also update my serviceDefault and supportedService to 2 (WAP).
    input hs_null (is that a string with double-quote? I also try null without quote) for user and password.
    But it still doesn't work. Could you share your setting with us?
    Thanks.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post

Step 3) Copying the database back to the device

Use Jason Robitaille's WebOS Quick Install tool
    Click on Tools - Send File and point it to the amended database file.
    As the destination folder use /usr/lib/luna/ and click Send To Device!
    Repeat this, only this time use /var/luna/data/ as the destination folder.

Reset your Pre. That should be it. I hope.

I transferred the updated file to the Pixi (both locations) and restarted the device. However, I do not see a 3G icon - how can I tell if my update worked?

If anyone has been successful in updating the db3 file with Telus information, I would appreciate it if you could PM with the values you used. I have gotten some from different sources, but I think I am missing some (i.e. apnid and _mod_num on the Data Connection side of the table).

Any advice would be appreciated!

*EDIT* Never Mind - I pulled the CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 file off the phone and found that there was an error in the Telus entry (Carrier side of table) - one I fixed that and reloaded to the phone - it worked like a charm!!!

Thanks to everyone who help contribute and build the guide

GG
    Last edited by Gadget Guy; 11/02/2011 at 01:16 PM. Reason: solved my own problem
    I`m in sri lanka and i have a palm pre. my carrier is dialg and i can`t get internet settings from it. what should i do. can`t i use wifi to activate my phone and use app catalog
    Sir, i have an unlocked At&t palm pixi plus in India but the gprs is not working. Would you kind enough to let me know the Indian carrier IDEA and AIRCEL carrier network settings to add in the pixi database as these carriers are not there in the database.

Thanks in advance.
    Hey Guys, Has anyone been able to change network settings to Simple Mobile in the US?
    I got my phone from ATT and it does not have Network settings option. I tried to Change the carrierneworksettings file using Mozila SQL but nothing seems to work. Please advice.

Thanks Vodijo
    Hi, I was able to change the settings but I'm only getting E instead of 3G. Any advice on how to get 3g network after changing carrier network settings??
    thanks

Vodijo
    can anyone help me to create reliance network settings,
    I stays at mumbai and APN: RCOMNET
    Does anyone have a working Carrier Network Setting file for Bell Mobility UMTS/HSPDA in Canada? I just picked up a Palm Pixi Plus, I was able to unlock and all that, but I am still not able to enable 3G data on the phone. I believe I have the APN info about the phone, but the modified DB3 file still doesn't work.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Man, I hope someone can help me out. I've got a Sprint Franken Pre2 (Verizon) that I flip-flopped between 2 numbers on my Sprint account and now I have no data access on the network, just wifi access once selected. I had version 2.1.0 running before figuring out how to meta-doctor my device on my own. Now I have 2.2.4 loaded and still no EV icon. It wasn't working anyhow so I figured why not giving it shot. Funny thing is that voice calls are perfectly fine. Had my device converted by the folks over at webOS World and have yet to get a response to the 2 voicemails and 2 emails I've sent with the last 3 weeks. Anyone know how I can alter a script to wake my modem up somehow?! Can anyone supply the carrier string for Sprint so I can transfer it to my device and hopefully end over a month of agony? Carrier settings for Sprint to enable 3G data or a custom Doctor perhaps?
    Last edited by Dvdbones; 04/07/2012 at 01:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsplenum View Post
    Sir, i have an unlocked At&t palm pixi plus in India but the gprs is not working. Would you kind enough to let me know the Indian carrier IDEA and AIRCEL carrier network settings to add in the pixi database as these carriers are not there in the database.

Thanks in advance.
    u activate gprs on ur IDEA / AIRCEL sim in some other mobile phone and then put that in ur pixi ,it should work ,or else enter the apn settings and at the same time open the browser this should also do...
    pixi plus (webOS 2.1)>pre2>HP Veer>touchpad
    I have been able to get my at&t unlocked palm pixi plus to connect to the internet via gprs in Nigeria. My carrier was not listed on the CarrierNetworkSettings but following the procedure of dubiki at <http://forums.webosnation.com/2000870-post37.html> I successfully entered my carrier settings. I am very grateful to dubiki.

I agree with dubiki that the mcc and mnc values are key. I found a nice list of these values in pdf at <http://george.insideiphone.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/mcc-and-mnc-codes.pdf>

I am equally grateful to palmdoc2005 (see link #1of this thread) for his instructions on how to receive and send CarrierNetworkSettings from and to the phone.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    That is good info... And good news that you got your Pixi running better.

More complete MCC MNC tables are on Wikipedia: Mobile Network Code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It may be more up-to-date than your george.insideiphone link.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    tanatoni likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ty89000 View Post
    Does anyone have a working Carrier Network Setting file for Bell Mobility UMTS/HSPDA in Canada? I just picked up a Palm Pixi Plus, I was able to unlock and all that, but I am still not able to enable 3G data on the phone. I believe I have the APN info about the phone, but the modified DB3 file still doesn't work.
    The CarrierNetworkSettings are inside your Pixi. You can bring them out with WebOS Quick Install (download it). Thereafter you can edit them to enter the settings of your Carrier in Canada. The most important settings are the mcc and mnc values, which you can find here <Mobile Network Code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia>. Just replace the values of a Carrier with those of your own, and you are in business.

As to how to use the WebOS QuickInstall to move CarrierNetworkSettings in and out of your phone see post #1 of this thread. Good luck.
    Hi I am from Nepal. i edit many times but i not sucess to install.. plz help me.
    if you help me i give you 15 usd...
    add me in skype: sajansth045
    mail me asap

thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by me.sajan View Post
    Hi I am from Nepal. i edit many times but i not sucess to install.. plz help me.
    if you help me i give you 15 usd...
    add me in skype: sajansth045
    mail me asap

thank you
    Nepal is good info to start... What carrier? Have you configured settings in the dialer pad?

I have no entries in my carrierdb.json from unlocked Pre 2 which match the MCC 429 settings you need.
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 06/13/2012 at 09:27 AM. Reason: dyslexia kicked in
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I have added my Carrier settings but i dont know how to run and update my pre