Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    FWIW, here's my SQL statements for Telenor Serbia. They include MMS data, but I've never got that working (not that I've tried hard, I've totally sent 5 MMSes in my life and mostly when it was introduced quite some years ago).

-- /usr/lib/luna/CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 and /var/luna/
    insert into com_palm_data_carriernetworksettings_carriernetworksettings values
    (220, 1, 'Telenor', 0, 0, 0, 0, 'Telenor Srbija', 1, 1, null, 160, 1, null, 173, 10, 20, 1, 1, 7, null, null, 0, 0, '909', 1, 1, 1, 1, null, null, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, '217.65.192.33:8080', 'http://mms.telenor.rs/servlets/mms', 0, 600, 595, 5000, 595, 0, 0, 20, '217.65.192.33:8080', 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 2199023255914, 2, null, null);
    insert into com_palm_data_carriernetworksettings_dataconnectionsettings values
    (2199023255914, 'internet', 1093, 'telenor', 'gprs', 1, 1, 'Telenor Internet', 1099511628673, 1, null, null);
    insert into com_palm_data_carriernetworksettings_dataconnectionsettings values
    (2199023255914, 'mms', 1094, '', '', 4, 4, 'Telenor MMS', 1099511628674, 1, null, null);
    Also, I had trouble connecting because /etc/ppp/options-gsm used to have "username" instead of "user" for pppd. After I fixed that by ssh-ing in, it worked.

This is all 1.4.5. Thanks to all who contributed to this thread
    i have edited the db3 file for my network in pakistan...now i want to save the file back in pre but my webos quick instal is not working some java problm...can i copy the edited db3 file in pre using preware...
    i have overwritte the db3 file in intrnals/usr/lib/luna...it says overwrite i allow...then i restart the pre but never worked my internet and mms:-(
    Just to share this GREAT info...
    I have O2 Pre .
    In WebOS 2.1 there is no need to change db3 files and all that stuff.
    Manual APN setings are workingstraight forward!
    Quote Originally Posted by sd_matto View Post
    Anyone know where the CarrierNetworkSettings file is located in WebOS 2.0? If so, please post.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT 1: Found it at /etc/carrierdb/carrier.json

Next question: Anyone know of a good Macintosh .json file editor, or how to convert .json file to sql file? Would like to be able to permanently change carrier setting.
    Just to make it clear, it's /etc/carrierdb/carrierdb.json
    This method can't be used on webos 2.1.0 now.
    Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gods_servant View Post
    Just to share this GREAT info...
    I have O2 Pre .
    In WebOS 2.1 there is no need to change db3 files and all that stuff.
    Manual APN setings are workingstraight forward!
    Thank God they came to their senses.
    In 2.0 manual setting do work, but i cannot use Internet from my laptop with my Pre as a modem, because it says I don't have permission, smth like that
    hey guys i have update my db3 file file pakistan nd i got E on top the internet browsing is fine but mms not working...it says faild to download msg when i try to fatch it E disapeard nd notng happen.if any 1 know the sultion please share with me
    Quote Originally Posted by sajjad30 View Post
    hey guys i have update my db3 file file pakistan nd i got E on top the internet browsing is fine but mms not working...it says faild to download msg when i try to fatch it E disapeard nd notng happen.if any 1 know the sultion please share with me
    I'm also using webos device on unsupported network, and also had to edit db3 file. First, beside gprs parameters, you should enter mms parameters in db3 database file. Just enter new line under your gprs parameters, and fill it with mms parameters. transfer it to phone and restart.
    then, start phone app, and go to preferences. scroll to bottom and enable manual config. Go to mms tab and enter mms parameters for your carrier (check carriers web page for apn, username, pass and other mms parameters). save config and it should work. if I remember ok, you can't save manually entered settings if you haven't first edited db3 database file.
    I have an ATT phone. It has been unlocked to work with BELL, but I cannot access the BELL network for data. I need it to work with the BELL Canada Data network.

I modified the .DB3 file with the BELL settings (APN etc), but am having trouble sending the file back to the phone.

I use WEBOS Quickinstall, and the phone is in the recovery mode, but when I connect the phone using WEBOS, it does not detect any devices connected.

"No devices are connected. Connect a device then relaunch WebOS Quick Install."

I do have WIFI, but that's about it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aquariusjanak View Post
    information shared by you is really important for all.
    Thanks for sharing this with all.
    This information is great for editing information for a provider that is already in the database, but what if your provider isn't in the database at all? Where an I get those settings?

I use iWireless if that helps

Thanks

David
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    In 2.0 manual setting do work, but i cannot use Internet from my laptop with my Pre as a modem, because it says I don't have permission, smth like that
    Where are the manual settings and how can we find what to put in there? I have a pre that won't connect to data but gets phone signal fine.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Hi, I have a Palm Pre Plus but i bought it in the states. I live in Canada. I can't get it to work for Fido/Rogers. It asks for a APN Internet, Username and password. I contacted Fido and it still doesn't work.
    Please Help! Thanks.
    Hi,

Im using Internalz to navigate to /usr/lib/luna/ but i dont have anything as
    "CarrierNetworkSettings.db3". I need to change this so i can use my data plan as my carrier isnt supported. Could you let me know where CNS.db3 is located? Thanks in advance for the help.
    How do I edit the json file? I just got a veer and id like to change my vmail number.
    Hi folks.

I use a old Palm Pre currently updated 2 webos 2.1.0 as described in this forum.
    My carrier is t-mobile (Germany). APN is: internet.t-mobile, Usr: t-mobile, Pass: tm (found on surfstickvergleich.com/apn-einstellungen-von-t-mobile-vodafone-o2-und-e-plus).
    As it's currently not possible sending mms with my Pre i like to ask for help to make any changes in the system. If someone would be able to provide adapted file 4 download i'd like to donate 4 this service as coding it not my strength....
    If so don't forget that i use webos 2.1.0...

Thankx

map_1961
    I'm from Spain. I need a custom CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 for Ono. I have modified a record but palm pre don't work.
    Internet:
    mmc: 214
    mnc: 18
    username: empty
    password: empty
    APN: internet.ono.com

MMS:
    mmc: 214
    mnc: 18
    mmsc: mms.ono.com
    proxy mms: 10.126.0.50
    port mms: 8080