Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bahram View Post
    hi
    i live in iran and my carrier is irancell,where i finde carrier settings and write them in CarrierNetworkSettings.db3. i have palm pre.
    thanks for any help
    Service Provider: Mtn Irancell
    APN: mtnirancell
    Proxy: 10.131.26.138
    Port: 8080

data from this thread
    PS: google is your friend
    Franklin eBookMan >> Palm Zire71 >> Lifedrive with flash mod >> Palm Pre Plus
    Quote Originally Posted by kamazepine View Post
    Service Provider: Mtn Irancell
    APN: mtnirancell
    Proxy: 10.131.26.138
    Port: 8080

data from this thread
    PS: google is your friend
    hi and thanks
    i edited "CarrierNetworkSettings.db3" with your data, but i cant enter to my device becuse i cant enter phone settings( when i enter them, alert me : unable write phone settings). how i can enter "CarrierNetworkSettings.db3" to " /usr/lib/luna/ "
    thanks for any help
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I've exactly the same (even if I've changed SFR rom to Unlocked rom)
    CarrierNetwork no more present since webOS 2.0. New file seems to be carrierdb.json

I'm trying to find how to edit "correctly" the json file. I will keep you aware if I found how.

Quote Originally Posted by mthillis View Post
    I wonder what the implications of WebOS 2.0 will be on unsupported carrier data connections. I have extracted the SFR WebOS 2.0 Doctor, and there is no CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 file. The file that I think is responsible for sepcifying data network connection settings is /etc/carrierdb/carrierdb.json. It is an 856 kb file. Looking at it in a text editor, it seems to contain network settings, but I am not sue how to edit a json file in a format that makes any sense.

Does anybody know what to use as a json editor?

Anybody using a gsm pre that depends on an edited CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 file for network settings should hold off on a 2.0 update until that gets determined, or at least keep a 4.5 metadoctor file to be able to revert back if necessary. The network connection will disappear after the update, unless the unsupported settings can be entered manually in 2.0.
    Telus (Canada) is not listed in DataConnectionSettings table, but it does exist in the _CarrierNetworkSettings table. Does anyone have the complete settings so I can just add the appropriate row ...tried adding the row, but I don't know what all the values should be, the ones I tried didn't work, anyone else know what it should look like?
    The good thing about json files is you can open them up with notepad/wordpad. There's a very universal format for json files that has "key":"value" pairs. You can look it up really quick to understand it if you have questions.

Just open it with wordpad and you're good to go.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Yay! Got the 3G connection working on TELUS! I cannot send MMS though so if someone finds a way to fix this, it could be nice for people that use that! As usual, just change the extension from zip to db3. I changed a few settings as well as add a new record in the data table.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by spanska View Post
    Yay! Got the 3G connection working on TELUS! I cannot send MMS though so if someone finds a way to fix this, it could be nice for people that use that! As usual, just change the extension from zip to db3. I changed a few settings as well as add a new record in the data table.
    I don't think it's as simple as "I cannot send MMS" you may need to do some testing. ie: Is it just people on your network, or outside of your network who don't receive your MMS? Are you trying to send them to iPhones or blackberries?
    In Australia I have trouble with some of these variants. I'm on Vodafone, and my sister with an iPhone on Vodafone, doesn't receive MMS from me, but my wife on Optus with a Nokia does. A friend of mine on Telstra with an iPhone does receive them? I did change on setting when no one was receiving them, and it was a picture size setting this seemed to expand the list of people who could receive from me? I think it forces a resize (smaller)? But not sure.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Doesn't matter.
    Last edited by pLUSpISTOL; 01/01/2011 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Figured it out.
    You guys are Unbelievable!

I fiddled all over the place, thought the unlock didn't go according to plan when data didn't work, but it was all down to this thread that ...

I can finally use EDGE in Pakistan over the local Warid network! I did notice a peculiar thing might I add. Since I'm in an unofficial country, I first tried to ADD a new row in the database altogether, and sent it to my 02 Pre Plus. However, the phone got immensely slow as a result.

So instead, I modded an existing Row with my carrier's settings and voila, Edge is ON! And the phone is completely normal.

I haven't used any manual settings in the Phone App>Preferences yet, and MMS doesnt work as a result, but I'll get there with a bit more fiddling.

Thank you guys!
    Last edited by toilet; 01/02/2011 at 07:13 PM.
  10. SashoDikov
    i am thinking of getting a pre2 but read there was no where you can modify settings to activate it on an unsupported network like i was able to on the plus, any successes in activating the pre2 in non-launch countries ?
    im having problems with mms on orange uk.

have unlocked my pre and all is working including internet, but i cant get mms to work, have used different combos of settings, some when set will give a send fail on a phone i try to send an mms from, other settings allow the other device to send but it doesent actually end up on my pre and only once have i had a 'failed to download' from the pre, no matter what settings i use nothing ever leaves the pre and i would say only about 50% of the time will it even give me a failed to send message warning.

any ideas where to go from here?
    I also got 3G working on the Telus network. I took the original CarrierNetworkSettings file from the phone and added as much of the Telus data I could and filled in the rest with a best guess. So far after a days use, the 3G connection works without a hitch, and sending recieving texts. I haven't tried an MMS tho.

I can post my CarrierNetworkSettings file if anyone is interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by soloz View Post
    I also got 3G working on the Telus network. I took the original CarrierNetworkSettings file from the phone and added as much of the Telus data I could and filled in the rest with a best guess. So far after a days use, the 3G connection works without a hitch, and sending recieving texts. I haven't tried an MMS tho.

I can post my CarrierNetworkSettings file if anyone is interested.
    Please do! I'm with Bell and had to manually add the dataconnectionsettings with the ID from carriernetworksettings. However, I'm missing info in quite a few columns! I'll try to 'best guess' as well but would be interested to see what you did there.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Anyone know where the CarrierNetworkSettings file is located in WebOS 2.0? If so, please post.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT 1: Found it at /etc/carrierdb/carrier.json

Next question: Anyone know of a good Macintosh .json file editor, or how to convert .json file to sql file? Would like to be able to permanently change carrier setting.
    Last edited by sd_matto; 01/19/2011 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Found first answer
    Good day to all the gurus in precentral forum. I bought a palm pre plus by AT & T and tried to use it in Nigeria with MTN Nigeria but it was requesting for network unlock code. I bought a universal unlock software and code from online digital unlock, by the time I ran the software on the phone, it displayed the network at upper left corner of the screen but it did not display the home screen it only displayed emergency window. When I dial a number it rang but if someone tried to reach me, the parson heard the phone ringing but I don’t use to know that the phone is ringing.
    I have been using palm digital diary all this while, I decided now to use the palm pre plus mobile phone in place of it so that I can still keep my data.
    I will need help on how to configure my phone network settings with MTN Nigeria.
    Here are the network configuration settings of MTN Nigeria.
    GPRS/3.5G Settings
    • Account Name = MTN GPRS
    • IP Address = 10.199.212.2
    • Port = 9201 (for WAP) or 8080 (for HTML)
    • Username = web
    • Password = web
    • Access Point Name (APN) = web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
    • Domain = mtn.com.ng
    MMS Settings
    • Account Name = MTN MMS
    • Access Point Name (APN) = web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
    • Service Centre Address = http://10.199.212.8/servlets/mms
    • IP Address = 10.199.212.2
    • Port = 9201 (for WAP) or 8080 (for HTML)
    • Username = web
    • Password = web
    • Domain = mtn.com.ng
    Every bit of your effort will be appreciated if you assist me to fix the problem. Whenever I read your contributions in the forum, I usually feel relaxed and become less anxious. Thank you in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by julteg1 View Post
    Please do! I'm with Bell and had to manually add the dataconnectionsettings with the ID from carriernetworksettings. However, I'm missing info in quite a few columns! I'll try to 'best guess' as well but would be interested to see what you did there.
    I should have posted this right away when I wrote my 1st message, Doh!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    hey everyone..
    i live in pakistan..
    i use warid telecomm
    how can i make my 3g work?
    plz plz help me out...
    badly need it!
    Best Regards.
    and the APN is 'warid'
    it doesn't require password and username for the 3g..
    somebody can make .db3 file for me?
    it would be highly appreciated!
    dude for some reason i can't get it to work on my laptop..
    thats y im requesting here to edit the settings for me and upload the db3 file..
    apn: warid
    username: dont need
    password: dont need

just give me these settings and my GPRS will run fine..
    thanks in advance
    for any body here in africa, i was able to set the browsing for four different networks in nigeria, its just to easy, only needed good internet access, thanks to jason ,<staff edit>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/14/2011 at 04:46 PM. Reason: email address removed