Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 289
Like Tree7Likes
  1. #181  
    Hi guys...I also have a problem with 3g and gprs settings... I am from Serbia on Telenor network and there are manual settings on my Pre but it won't let me save them... I don't have Wifi so 3g is my only solution...Any opinions?
  2. #182  
    Hi guys, I tried this on my Pixi Plus from AT&T to get to work on the Telus network. I did the bypass activation tool, and the phone works just fine with voice, sms and Wifi functional. Just not data.

    I tried getting the file using WebOS Quick Install tool, but whenever I click on "Get from Device", it doesn't do anything and just stays in that screen until I hit cancel.

    Could it be possible it's not in my phone? Or is it possible to just make a new one and put that into the device?

    Thanks in advance!
  3. #183  
    Many thanks to you guys for this great tutorial. It helped me like a hell of a lot to figure things out, and I'm one step away from having 3G working on my phone now.

    Having that said, I think I'm having the same problem as Sanjay below. I'm on Telma Mobile network in Madagascar, and before I edited the CarrierNetworkSettings database, I was unable to get 3G to work at all. I now have the Edge/3G logo displayed at the top right of the Palm, voice and sms are working just fine, although whenever I try to use the browser, I get an error saying "Unable to resolve host [2006]". Other apps requiring data connection are not working as well. It leads me to think that I have the settings right, although something is still missing but I don't know what.

    I think it may have to do with the proxy settings, since the Sim card seems to work ok in other devices (data, voice, sms). I was told to configure the Network Settings as following :
    - IP adress or Proxy : 10.6.4.40
    - port : 8080
    - APN : wap
    - Id :
    - Password :

    Also tried Dick99999's patch found here but same result. I don't know if the patch still works on WebOS 1.4.5 though but gave it a try anyway. When I tried with another carrier, Zain, which I also had to add in the database file, it also displays the 3G/Edge logo but I keep getting the "Unable to resolve host [2006]" message error. It's worth noticing that the latter carrier also requires proxy settings for data usage.

    Any input would be very very much appreciated

    Cheers

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Is it possible to edit the CarrierNetworkSettings database to enter Proxy server information?

    Although APN enries for Vodafone India are already present in the CarrierNetworkSettings database, I am unable to get any data on the phone. Although apparently it seems that the phone is connected to the Edge network as the 'E' symbol is displayed on the phone. The problem is that Vodafone in India has two Edge/GPRS services, 'Vodafone Connect' & 'Vodafone LIve'. Based on the settings in the Palm Pre, it seems 'Vodafone Connect' will work but 'Vodafone Live' will not. Seemingly the reason 'Vodafone Live' does not work is, because for that Vodafone uses a Proxy Server and there is no place in the Palm Pre settings to enter the Proxy Server information. So the question now is, whether we can edit the CarrierNetworkSettings database to enter the Proxy server information. Based on what I could make out from a look at the 'CarrierNetworkSettings.db3' file, there does not seem to be a provision for Proxy Server information for Internet data. Although the MMS entries do allow for it.

    I am able to connect and get data with the 'Vodafone Connect' service with the default auto settings of the Palm Pre. Thus the problem is confirmed to be with 'Vodafone Live' services which require Proxy server settings. Which the Palm Pre does not allow for even under the manual settings.
  4. #184  
    Ok, just to let you guys know, I finally managed to get the data to work on my device. Made some changes in the database file, although not sure which ones made the trick.

    I did put "hs_null" in the username and password fields instead of just leaving them blank, then changed the supportedService and serviceDefault values from 1 to 2. I'm not sure if the device is now using the wap settings though as I also did create another new record in the Data Connection Settings with the supportedService and serviceDefault values set to 1 and a different apn, username and password which I came across while looking for solutions to my problem on the internet - although the latter apn, username and password are not likely to work since these are rather old information.

    I did get the job done though, and couldn't be more thrilled at the moment. Again, I'd like to thank you guys very much for this kickass tutorial. By the way, I installed my first theme and the Pixi just looks big time badass now !!
  5. #185  
    Hi Shotmaker, I am happy you got yours working though I am still struggling with mine in Ghana. I am also using the Zain 3G network here but have so far been unable to get mine working after editing the carrier network settings database. I initially set the supportedService and serviceDefault to 1 so I would try using 2 like you did and see what happens. Would it be possible to furnish me with the settings u used for comparative purposes? I'd appreciate the help.
  6. #186  
    Hey there Inzaghi.

    Unfortunately, I only did manage to make my device work on the Telma 3G network so far. I did not try yet with a Zain sim card (will have to make the changes in the database beforehand) since I don't have one - I need to re-borrow one from my friend. The changes I made with regards to the Telma network might also work with Zain though, but can't be sure for now.

    Here are the information for Zain in my country (pretty much comparable to Telma) :

    INTERNET
    APN : internet.mg.zain.com

    WAP
    APN : wap.mg.zain.com
    Proxy : 10.77.48.50
    Port : 8080

    MMS
    APN : mms.mg.zain.com
    MMSC : http ://10.77.48.35/servlets/mms
    Proxy : 10.77.48.50
    Port : 8080

    What I did is set the supportedService and serviceDefault to 1 and used the Internet APN. Then I created a new record where I set them to 2 for the Wap APN, without the proxy. Then a last record where they're set to 4 with the MMS APN. Last, I did put "hs_null" (without the quote marks) in the username and password field. It did the trick with Telma, so I suppose Zain should not be too different.

    Hope this helps. I read you have a problem with your SMS too. Did you enter correctly the SMS service center in the file ? Also don't forget to do a full restart as mentioned before, and set the manual settings to off otherwise it won't work. Oh, and try to use new records in both databases instead of modifying existing ones.
  7. #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotmaKer View Post
    Hey there Inzaghi.

    Unfortunately, I only did manage to make my device work on the Telma 3G network so far. I did not try yet with a Zain sim card (will have to make the changes in the database beforehand) since I don't have one - I need to re-borrow one from my friend. The changes I made with regards to the Telma network might also work with Zain though, but can't be sure for now.

    Here are the information for Zain in my country (pretty much comparable to Telma) :

    INTERNET
    APN : internet.mg.zain.com

    WAP
    APN : wap.mg.zain.com
    Proxy : 10.77.48.50
    Port : 8080

    MMS
    APN : mms.mg.zain.com
    MMSC : http ://10.77.48.35/servlets/mms
    Proxy : 10.77.48.50
    Port : 8080

    What I did is set the supportedService and serviceDefault to 1 and used the Internet APN. Then I created a new record where I set them to 2 for the Wap APN, without the proxy. Then a last record where they're set to 4 with the MMS APN. Last, I did put "hs_null" (without the quote marks) in the username and password field. It did the trick with Telma, so I suppose Zain should not be too different.

    Hope this helps. I read you have a problem with your SMS too. Did you enter correctly the SMS service center in the file ? Also don't forget to do a full restart as mentioned before, and set the manual settings to off otherwise it won't work. Oh, and try to use new records in both databases instead of modifying existing ones.
    Hi Shotmaker,
    Thanks for your prompt response. I do still have probs with SMS, the center number is correct and works quite well when i use a different handset but not the Pre. I am not able to switch between manual settings and auto settings because it doesn't respond to touch, seems to be disabled by default though I think network settings are set to automatic-can't change anything in network preferences at all except the "contact matches when dialing a number option". Don't know if its due to my pre-paid sim. All i can do with the phone is voice calls, thats it. I am getting really frustrated and would appreciate some direction.
  8. #188  
    Inzaghi, I don't think the pre paid sim is an issue. I'm using a pre paid sim myself on the Telma 3G network, and I'm able to to modify network preferences as I please. When I tested it on the Zain network I also used a pre paid sim and I can't recall of any specific problem I had while making modifications in the network preferences.
    I suggest you look into this patch as well as this thread.
    Since you're not on 1.4.5, the database structure would not be the same as mine anyway. Updating the handset wouldn't be a bad idea, it may fix some of the issues you are experiencing. As for now, I reckon I unfortunately won't be of any significant help as I'm not quite familiar with the previous versions of webOS.
  9. #189  
    Hi Shotmaker,
    how did u update to 1.4.5, i have 1.4.0
  10. #190  
    In the launcher, you should have an Updates icon. Go on from there.
  11. #191  
    yeah thats only probably possible with wifi as i cannot access data on the network
  12. #192  
    Shotmaker,
    so i tried to edit the carrier network database again last night with different settings for the supported and default services all to no avail. About to go officially crazy. don't know what to do anymore. I cant sms,mms or browse the net. I can activate 3g using the Quick system tasks app and thats it. I have followed the APN settings religiously and tried everything. Even had Vikam do the database edits for me since he got his to work in India but that also did not work. I am still waiting on **** or Capitano for their input. I've been like a palm pre champion in Ghana and not being able to explore its full capabilities is killing me rather slowly. Heeeelp Forum
  13. #193  
    Phil, sorry to hear about that. By the way, I did not ask you but when you activate 3G via the Quick System task, does the 3G/Edge logo show up on the top right of the screen or does it not show up at all ? Also did you check that your sim car is not at default by trying it in another handset (sms, data) ?
  14. #194  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotmaKer View Post
    Phil, sorry to hear about that. By the way, I did not ask you but when you activate 3G via the Quick System task, does the 3G/Edge logo show up on the top right of the screen or does it not show up at all ? Also did you check that your sim car is not at default by trying it in another handset (sms, data) ?
    Hi Shotmaker,
    3G shows up on the top right of screen when i activate it via QST but i still can't use data. I dont understand what u mean by sim card at default. sms works on a different handset with the same smsc number.
  15. #195  
    Sorry, I meant if the sim card was at fault. Did you manage to use data with the sim card in another handset? If the 3G logo shows up on your Palm's screen, you most likely have the right settings. Now, when you activate 3G what happens when you try to load a website in the browser? Do you get some kind of message error? For all I know Zain uses a proxy in its Wap settings, so if you get a message error like "Unable to resolve host [2006]" it may have to do with the proxy.
  16. #196  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotmaKer View Post
    Sorry, I meant if the sim card was at fault. Did you manage to use data with the sim card in another handset? If the 3G logo shows up on your Palm's screen, you most likely have the right settings. Now, when you activate 3G what happens when you try to load a website in the browser? Do you get some kind of message error? For all I know Zain uses a proxy in its Wap settings, so if you get a message error like "Unable to resolve host [2006]" it may have to do with the proxy.
    Hi Shotmaker,
    I am able to use data with the sim card in another handset but not the pre. the 3G logo shows up on my Pre when i activate it using Quick System Tasks app only and I wasnt able to load pages before but i am glad now because in replying to your email, i just realised I am able to access the internet, wow. thanks for all the questions and input and thanks to QST.
  17. #197  
    Hey guys,

    Having some trouble. So I have an unlocked ATT PrePLus. Used meta-doctor and got voice working with BELL CANADA. Now, when I go to edit the db3 database, I see Bell Mobility in entry 132 with its corresponding 13 digit number. When I go to the DataConnection setting, its not under its 13 digit ID. What do we do now? Do we create its own number? I have the settings from mthillis that he has posted before, but it doesn fill out EVERY column if I had to add a new one. Can someone help?

    Thanks?
  18. #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by vijay15 View Post
    Hey guys,

    Having some trouble. So I have an unlocked ATT PrePLus. Used meta-doctor and got voice working with BELL CANADA. Now, when I go to edit the db3 database, I see Bell Mobility in entry 132 with its corresponding 13 digit number. When I go to the DataConnection setting, its not under its 13 digit ID. What do we do now? Do we create its own number? I have the settings from mthillis that he has posted before, but it doesn fill out EVERY column if I had to add a new one. Can someone help?

    Thanks?
    I recently unlocked and doctored my Pixi Plus from ATT as well, but on the Telus network and got data to work. Same thing, Telus settings missing in DataConnectionSettings table. And yes, you'll have to add it manually if it's not there. Copy the 13 digit ID from the other table and create a new record for it in DataConnectionSettings then add in all the other data.

    Have you checked this forum?
    http://forums.palm.com/t5/Palm-Servi...ll/td-p/304788

    Shows all the relevant Bell settings
  19. #199  
    I wonder what the implications of WebOS 2.0 will be on unsupported carrier data connections. I have extracted the SFR WebOS 2.0 Doctor, and there is no CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 file. The file that I think is responsible for sepcifying data network connection settings is /etc/carrierdb/carrierdb.json. It is an 856 kb file. Looking at it in a text editor, it seems to contain network settings, but I am not sue how to edit a json file in a format that makes any sense.

    Does anybody know what to use as a json editor?

    Anybody using a gsm pre that depends on an edited CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 file for network settings should hold off on a 2.0 update until that gets determined, or at least keep a 4.5 metadoctor file to be able to revert back if necessary. The network connection will disappear after the update, unless the unsupported settings can be entered manually in 2.0.
  20. #200  
    hi
    i live in iran and my carrier is irancell,where i finde carrier settings and write them in CarrierNetworkSettings.db3. i have palm pre.
    thanks for any help

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions