Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    OK, After lots of searches I am either inept at choosing the correct key words or this topic hasn't been addressed. Coming from a BB, I have always found it handy that I can glance at the screen and see how many unread messages I have. I can't seem to find a way to do this with the Pre. Seems that it would be possible given that the date is displayed on the calendar button so the icons aren't necessarily "fixed"? Why not have a count for email?

I know I could enable email notifications as another way of doing this, but I prefer not because I don't want to have to clear them all the time. Any ideas on if this is possible? Might even be a "nice to have" for the messaging icon as well.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Seems like this would make sense but I can't see Palm doing this since it would overlap with the function of their notification system. It currently gives you more information along with the number of unread counts for both email and messages. I guess it would be cool to have the option but I'm satisfied with the current system.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by eheaps View Post
    Seems like this would make sense but I can't see Palm doing this since it would overlap with the function of their notification system. It currently gives you more information along with the number of unread counts for both email and messages. I guess it would be cool to have the option but I'm satisfied with the current system.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Perhaps we have a difference of opinion due to volume of mail. During a workday at say 60 emails a day, with notification on, you have to clear an email notification every 8 minutes. Cumbersome at best. With notifications off, you lose information on nights and weekends. I could turn notifications on at night and off during the day, but again extra steps.

I appreciate your opinions, but being a business user and having had both a Pre and a BB, this is one of the things that was very convenient. The Pre is a fantastic piece of equipment, but this is simply one suggestion to make it more user friendly...especially for business heavy users.