Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    that's my question.. Why hasent no1 else made another teethering app..we have all these duplicated apps with google voice, tips, music streamin and countless other.. *** only one person has the guts & knowledge to make it.. Or is there more to this.. We got patches to do everything.. How bout a patch to hack tether program..I'm jus sayin this cause I was tryin to wait for some1 else make one and since nobody has I was bout to donate..but I sat back and thought about the situation and said *** one option is not enough.. I've been tethering long before pal, pre and I never was REQUIRED to donate to do so...in the end its jus something I had to get off my chest
    The free version works (1.5) you just have to replace a file.

Search.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Let me get this straight. You want another developer to donate his / her time to the tune of hundreds of hours so you can have another free tether app? Good luck with that.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marisdaman View Post
    that's my question.. Why hasent no1 else made another teethering app..we have all these duplicated apps with google voice, tips, music streamin and countless other.. *** only one person has the guts & knowledge to make it.. Or is there more to this.. We got patches to do everything.. How bout a patch to hack tether program..I'm jus sayin this cause I was tryin to wait for some1 else make one and since nobody has I was bout to donate..but I sat back and thought about the situation and said *** one option is not enough.. I've been tethering long before pal, pre and I never was REQUIRED to donate to do so...in the end its jus something I had to get off my chest
    Gee whiz, and I thought my nephew was a spoiled brat...
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
  5.    #5  
    develop and donate isn't what my gripe nor if another version works.. What I'm sayin' is why only 1 app 1 dev. Where flooded with other apps that do the same thing its up to us to choose.. Why not tethering..
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    develop and donate isn't what my gripe nor if another version works.. What I'm sayin' is why only 1 app 1 dev. Where flooded with other apps that do the same thing its up to us to choose.. Why not tethering..
    It's because you haven't finished your CS degree and started on it yet. Hurry up! We're waiting...
    Because its not a app you could ever sell in the app catalog because it uses undocumented API's and is against some carriers (namely Sprint) policies. The My Tether app was basically a labor of love by one developer so that all Pre owners could have tethering. It was the users who requested the option of donations not the developer.

If you look around you will see all the multiple apps that do the same thing are all hoping to make money in the App catalog. Like your Google Voice example. Tethering will never be a money maker and even developers need to earn a living.
    Last edited by rc46; 10/27/2009 at 03:51 PM.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    The one that's out there works. A service, unlike an app, has very little user interface, so there's little demand for another one, if one works.

Is there a reason you want more, or is this just a "because" issue?
    God I hate when people use double negatives..........
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaer57 View Post
    It's because you haven't finished your CS degree and started on it yet. Hurry up! We're waiting...
    that's funny...... but to be real I don't have a degree in cs.. But I do have cash and most likely got more real estate than your imediate family combined.. Now back to the topic at hand.. I was jus aking for peoples thoughts on the matter.. Options is what I was asking about...if you had an option to pay $5 for an app that works the same as a 15 app which would you buy..common sense people..options are key in this world.. What if myteether fails what is the other option but to wait for the fix..does every1 use window explorer..No.. Does every1 drive the same car..No.. Does every1 have a palm pre..No.. ..think outside the box
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    that's funny...... but to be real I don't have a degree in cs.. But I do have cash and most likely got more real estate than your imediate family combined.. Now back to the topic at hand.. I was jus aking for peoples thoughts on the matter.. Options is what I was asking about...if you had an option to pay $5 for an app that works the same as a 15 app which would you buy..common sense people..options are key in this world.. What if myteether fails what is the other option but to wait for the fix..does every1 use window explorer..No.. Does every1 drive the same car..No.. Does every1 have a palm pre..No.. ..think outside the box
    Dang yo! I think I just got served! Dude got mad real estate but can't pay $5 for an app or ~$150 for a community college level English Composition class.

Seriously, it hasn't been done because it isn't worth a developer's time. Why don't you make it worth their time and offer to trade in some real estate? I'm sure someone might be willing to do it if you offer up one of your lucrative investments, Mr. Trump...
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    people are so quick to be a**holes these days.. while i must admit the posts in this thread have been a very comical read for me, i must say that many were unnecessary and not helpful.. all this person was asking was why hasn't anyone made another tethering app.. maybe in an attempt to spark inspiration.. not to be a picky whiner.. i'd imagine someone else would have made one too.. especially with all the static around mytether being that its called donationware but the donation is mandatory or otherwise go search for a file.. to the comment that says its not a money maker because of its use of undocumented api's and it slapping of sprint to the face.. there are other apps and patches out there that are doing to same thing yet people still make donations in appreciation of debelopers hard work.. so stop being jerks people.. it won't kill you to do a good deed and actually try to be somewhat helpful.. have a nice evening
    It looks like he never finished his English classes either...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by djdisturbed View Post
    God I hate when people use double negatives..........
    He says He understands though...
  15.    #15  
    never had a problem with paying.. And second most of yall guys would never come out ya mouth with these comments and slick talk at people if they were standing in front of you.. You would jus laugh and agree with me and burry ya heads back in ya cubicle and go unnoticed for the rest of the day
    Dang yo! I think I just got served! Dude got mad real estate but can't pay $5 for an app or ~$150 for a community college level English Composition class.

Seriously, it hasn't been done because it isn't worth a developer's time. Why don't you make it worth their time and offer to trade in some real estate? I'm sure someone might be willing to do it if you offer up one of your lucrative investments, Mr. Trump...
    I would be much more worried about how he knew how much real estate your family has. Have you had the security on your FRET App (Family Real Estate Tracker) checked lately?
    *hands everyone in this thread a much needed beer*
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I would be much more worried about how he knew how much real estate your family has. Have you had the security on your FRET App (Family Real Estate Tracker) checked lately?
    never stated I knew how much they had.. Jus more than likley I have more..but ya post was almost funny
    As NickDG says there is a free version 1.5 so why are you complaining? and I do agree with the others , you need an English Composition and spelling app!!
    Last edited by Hokulele; 10/27/2009 at 05:12 PM.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    people are so quick to be a**holes these days.. while i must admit the posts in this thread have been a very comical read for me, i must say that many were unnecessary and not helpful.. all this person was asking was why hasn't anyone made another tethering app.. maybe in an attempt to spark inspiration.. not to be a picky whiner.. i'd imagine someone else would have made one too.. especially with all the static around mytether being that its called donationware but the donation is mandatory or otherwise go search for a file.. to the comment that says its not a money maker because of its use of undocumented api's and it slapping of sprint to the face.. there are other apps and patches out there that are doing to same thing yet people still make donations in appreciation of debelopers hard work.. so stop being jerks people.. it won't kill you to do a good deed and actually try to be somewhat helpful.. have a nice evening
    People are so quick to be selfish whiners. I'm sure developers are truly inspired from this thread knowing that even a free app is not enough for some people. Hopefully somebody reading this will appreciate some of the hard work that goes on even in the free apps rather than being so quick to whine about how there aren't more free options. Slavery is over, people. There's my good deed. Have a nice evening!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast