Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Hi,

had a cool app on my G1 called locale. There you can define different setting based on time, cells, calendar events. For example you can set the tim to 11pm to turn the mobile in silent mode and set back at 8 am..

Is there a similar app out there?

Thanks in advance!

brasax
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Not yet. I would also love a great profile switcher app. It's only a matter of time before we get one. I used to use PhoneAlarm for windows mobile and would like an app like that for webos.
    I agree that we definitely need this. I used an appp on my Treo called "profiles" that allowed you to set profiles based on calendar appointments, time of day, and other stuff. It's probably the thing I miss most about my Treo.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    gr8 idea!!

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I agree too that would be a very nice addition
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefplt View Post
    I agree that we definitely need this. I used an appp on my Treo called "profiles" that allowed you to set profiles based on calendar appointments, time of day, and other stuff. It's probably the thing I miss most about my Treo.
    Same here. I had Profiles on all my treos - love the meeting profile when a meeting is scheduled in my calendar. Do I miss It? Kinda - I used to say that my treo was real smart because of this.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    GENIUS!!! Especially if it turns off during events scheduled on the calendar!! 2 THUMBS UP!
  8. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Again, with the pitiful SDK, I doubt this is even possible right now
    Quote Originally Posted by ldj View Post
    Again, with the pitiful SDK, I doubt this is even possible right now
    You've got it ... the current state of the SDK doesn't allow such things. I'm quickly losing patience as a developer.
  10. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    You've got it ... the current state of the SDK doesn't allow such things. I'm quickly losing patience as a developer.
    I'm the same. Got lots of good apps and util ideas but they just can't be done with the SDK in its present state....Fingers crossed for a BIG update in Nov with 1.3!!!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    sounds bad.. So hopefully there will be a change then..
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Any news on that?
  13. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    No new APIs of relevance yet...Mayve with 1.3.5? More likely with 1.5 or 2.0 though I guess....
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    yeah the thing i miss the MOST when switching from my Moto Q9c (windows mobile) is that if I had an event in my calendar marked "busy" then my phone would automatically set itself to "vibrate all"... Something i think ALL "Smartphones" should have! Wish my Pre had it!!!!
    I think profiles would be excellent. Basically have pretty much all of your settings that can be adjusted tied to a profile. so "car" would turn on bluetooth, turn off Wifi, set the ringer volume (which I actually care less about) and turn off the PIN locking. That kind of thing. I probably have 3 or 4 settings that are common and it sucks to do each one on their own.
    I was about to post this same idea/request til I saw this thread. This is bump to see if anything new has developed.
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    Hey Guys,

There is a developer well on the way to doing this. He has a beta app called Mode Switcher which has not yet been release to one of the feeds. You can set up a private feed to download it. Check it out here-----> http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-switcher.html

BLiip