1.    #1  
    Has anyone lost the cover to the charging port on their Pre? I lost mine and don't know where to look for another one. My phone looks like ***** whithout it. Can anyone help me?
    well if you lived close enough to clemson sc i would put anouther one on for ya,
    ;SPRINT SERVICE/REPAIR TECH
  3.    #3  
    Will they do it at Sprint for me?
    Wow...I was thinking of cutting mine off. Useless piece of junk that it is. i have the Seidio case for the phone and keep it in a holster, and could care less about the side cover. Not even sure why its there its so poorly constructed.
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianPre View Post
    Wow...I was thinking of cutting mine off. Useless piece of junk that it is. i have the Seidio case for the phone and keep it in a holster, and could care less about the side cover. Not even sure why its there its so poorly constructed.
    yea it really is a poor design, not that i have a better one. They dont have to replace it at the sprint store cuz its wear and tear. But if they have a pre that is going back for advanced exchange they could harvest one off of it. Call the closest repair center and ask if they can harvest one for ya. I work at a repair center and i Know i would do it for anyone that comes in here but i cant speek for the rest. repair centers are not corporate stores, there indirect resalers. thats what we are. you can find repair centers on sprint.com
    ;SPRINT SERVICE/REPAIR TECH
    Don't cut it off. It'll pull out with very little force. That way you could put it back in if you ever wanted to.
    I remember there were some posts shortly after the phone came out that were complaining about the cover breaking or getting lost. One person said that he was able to contact Palm support, and they sent him a new cover in the mail.
    I installed a Body Glove case for my Pre and opening the cover was such a pain, I eventually pulled it right off and have never been happier. With the case on, the hole doesn't stand out as much and I keep a can of air around and clean out the ports every now and again.