Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    getting a replacement pre in the next couple of days (defective phone earpiece) - any tips on getting the new pre back to where mine is now?

gmail, outlook, linkedin contacts are in the cloud

pictures from the pre camera I've copied

music is through itunes

the only thing I'm really thinking about is my one paid app and all the patches I've applied.

what happens when you sign in with your palm profile on a new phone?

thanks!
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Everything will restore itself except homebrew apps, themes, patches, pics, and texts. Purchased apps, e-mail will automatically be repopulated when you sign into your Palm profile on the new phone.
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    You also don't get your Tasks or Memo's copied over.

One other thing I did was to take a screen-cap of each of the launcher screens, so I could put all my icons back in the same order.

I do miss some things about the old HotSync. It would remember EVERY setting you had. You could do a full hard-reset (or get a replacement device), restore from last HotSync, and the phone is EXACTLY how it was from the last HotSync.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    You also don't get your Tasks or Memo's copied over.

One other thing I did was to take a screen-cap of each of the launcher screens, so I could put all my icons back in the same order.

I do miss some things about the old HotSync. It would remember EVERY setting you had. You could do a full hard-reset (or get a replacement device), restore from last HotSync, and the phone is EXACTLY how it was from the last HotSync.
    yeah - I actually just took some screen caps of the installed patches/themes/apps lists from Preware as well! thanks for the tips

tasks/memos i'm not too worried about.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jye75 View Post
    Everything will restore itself except homebrew apps, themes, patches, pics, and texts. Purchased apps, e-mail will automatically be repopulated when you sign into your Palm profile on the new phone.
    thanks!