1.    #1  
    Yesterday I downloaded one of the homebrew mp3 apps, Music (Remix). When I tried it out, I got a message there was nothing in my library. Tried using the included mp3 player, same thing.

I had about 3gb of music on there. Not a big deal, I'm replacing them as I type this.

So here is where it gets wierd. I already suspected it must have been the new app that deleted the folder. I currently own 2 Pre's. One is active, the other is not. I plugged the other Pre in to my laptop, and it also was missing the music folder. Music (Remix) is not installed on the 2nd Pre.

Anyone else see this? It's really got me scratching my head.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

my wife's pre, on version 1.1, would restart by itself every few days and would lose all of the music files, pictures, ringtones (except the 1 default pre tone), and wallpapers. this also happened every time i tapped the gray restart button in restart options in the device info app. the only modifications i made to it were to manually change the dialer images and install the my notification homebrew so that she could have a separate sound for email/sms notifications.

ever since the 1.2.0 and 1.2.1 updates her phone has not had this problem. i never put the dialer images back on it, but it still has the my notification app.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    Yesterday I downloaded one of the homebrew mp3 apps, Music (Remix). When I tried it out, I got a message there was nothing in my library. Tried using the included mp3 player, same thing.

I had about 3gb of music on there. Not a big deal, I'm replacing them as I type this.

So here is where it gets wierd. I already suspected it must have been the new app that deleted the folder. I currently own 2 Pre's. One is active, the other is not. I plugged the other Pre in to my laptop, and it also was missing the music folder. Music (Remix) is not installed on the 2nd Pre.

Anyone else see this? It's really got me scratching my head.
    The Music Player (Remix) app definitely does not delete any files. It, along with the original Music Player app, has no direct access to the music files at all. It calls a service to retrieve a list of all songs and then calls another service to play a selected song.

Have you installed anything else strange (patches, tweaks, etc.) on these two devices?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    The Music Player (Remix) app definitely does not delete any files. It, along with the original Music Player app, has no direct access to the music files at all. It calls a service to retrieve a list of all songs and then calls another service to play a selected song.

Have you installed anything else strange (patches, tweaks, etc.) on these two devices?
    Other than installing file coaster and a couple of tweaks, nothing major, or very recent. I've played music as recently as this past week on my primary unit.

I'm technical, just not in this area, and it really has me flustrated (I know it's not a word).
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

same issue here. cant solve it either.