View Poll Results: How do you use the Pre in your daily lives?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • If it were anymore attached to me it would be an implant.

39 36.45%
  • It's augmented my life with simplicity and I would hate a day without it.

54 50.47%
  • It's pretty cool, I use it a little bit each day.

10 9.35%
  • It's a phone, I use it as a phone, get a life!

4 3.74%
  1.    #1  
    I've noticed recently that the Pre has become central to my daily life. Between Pandora, texting, email, Navigation, calendar, reminders, alarms, games, the camera, music player, the myriad of other apps and or course, the entire internet a simple universal search away!

While at first all of these things were toys, now I actually find myself using them as a matter of course. Very few things feel like a chore on the Pre, and more often than not its easier than getting on a computer. I just wanted to see how many others were experiencing this as well.
  2. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    It's apparently a big enough deal that I drove ALL THE WAY BACK TO WORK last night when I got home and realized I hadn't grabbed it before I left.

Texting, Email, Calendar, Alarms and the Camera/Video/Pics seem to be what I use. That and that SkeeBall like App.
    last time i forget my phone at my work and when i get home i was like @#@#%%^$%%^ damn!!!... and i was feeling i cant life without him :'(
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    +1 to the OP. I find myself using my pre more than the compuer as well just as a convenience, the Pre is very easy to use and navigate for almost every common application for my own use. Pre = Win!
  5.    #5  
    I just went down the hall to get a bag of unhealthy snacks and had to really fight the temptation to unplug the Pre and take it with me. If it wasn't for the fact that I'd have to close Pandora and leave it plugged in for 3 minutes before it starts charging again I would have brought it...just in case someone asked me what year Wargames was released or what date the superbowl is on in 2010.
  6.    #6  
    Looks like I am not the only addict here, thank goodness.
    I actually got rid of my laptop since getting my Pre. It just sat there collecting dust...I use my Pre for everything it seems. Internet surfing...check. Email...check. GPS...check. Music...you betcha. If I could get Audible to work natively on this little bugger and some decent 3D games, my world would be complete.

As a computer technician/consultant, before I would have to lug around a laptop and my thumbdrives full of my software. Not anymore! My Pre carries all my troubleshooting software, gives me web access to Google error messages and check forums for fixes, keeps me entertained while I wait for a scan to run or patch to download, and as a plus, gives me fast internet access via MyTether when I invariably have to service a computer who's owner still has dialup. I just plug in my Pre via USB, load the client software, launch MyTether, and I can download what I need.
    I am in the most popular category (#2) but it would be more in my life IF some needed apps would come out, i.e., Documents To Go (or Google, editable), iSilo, i.e., some of the ones that were standard on the old Palms.
    Pondering how the Pre has changed my digital lifestyle, I would have to say the following....

1) I'm more on top of my fantasy football activies. NFL app rocks...love the player alerts
    2) I'm able to facebook (yes it's a verb..haha) anytime and anywhere.
    3) Built-in GPS makes getting directions so much easier and convenient (my stand-alone GPS unit just sits in the glove now).
    4) Web surfing is more enjoyable (a former treo/blazer user)
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    Quote Originally Posted by algee650 View Post
    Pondering how the Pre has changed my digital lifestyle, I would have to say the following....

1) I'm more on top of my fantasy football activies. NFL app rocks...love the player alerts
    2) I'm able to facebook (yes it's a verb..haha) anytime and anywhere.
    3) Built-in GPS makes getting directions so much easier and convenient (my stand-alone GPS unit just sits in the glove now).
    4) Web surfing is more enjoyable (a former treo/blazer user)
    I particularly like #3 - I use Sprint Navigation and plug it into my car and get voice turn-by-turn directions thru my speakers so I do not have to keep taking my eyes off traffic - great feature!!!
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    "Where does the Pre fit into your life?" In my front left pocket. :-)
  12.    #12  
    My wife and I have both stopped checking our email on our computers now, just use the Pre. We also setup a shared google calendar so both of our Pre's sync it. We use it quite often to remind each other of tasks. A virtual and time triggered honey-do list.

Best thing is it stopped one of my wife's more...frustrating...tendencies. "Honey, remind me to call x when we get home." and "Don't let me forget to finish y tomorrow." Might as well ask the baby to remind her with my memory!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I need to go into PrPrPr&#$275$;$hab$ $soon$.
    In short, my pocket.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    My wife and I have both stopped checking our email on our computers now, just use the Pre. We also setup a shared google calendar so both of our Pre's sync it. We use it quite often to remind each other of tasks. A virtual and time triggered honey-do list.

Best thing is it stopped one of my wife's more...frustrating...tendencies. "Honey, remind me to call x when we get home." and "Don't let me forget to finish y tomorrow." Might as well ask t he baby to remind her with my memory!
    That's funny, because I set up a whole new email acct prior to getting my wife's & my PrPrPr&#$275$;'$s$. $I$ $also$ $set$ $up$ &$quot$;$family$&$quot$; $email$ &$amp$; $calendar$ $to$ $put$ $things$ $like$ $dr$. $Appts$ $on$, $family$ $gatherings$ $or$ $things$ $that$ $both$ $of$ $us$ $should$ $be$ $reminded$ $of$- $it$ $works$ $great$.
    I keep saying it, but I initially hated the PrPrPr&#$275$; $when$ $my$ $wife$ $had$ $the$ $centro$, &$amp$; $I$ $had$ $never$ $even$ $used$ $it$. $Truthfully$ $though$, $I$ $absolutely$ $love$ $my$ $Pr$&#$275$;. $I$ $use$ $it$ $for$ $everything$ $imaginable$- $the$ $only$ $thing$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $like$ $is$ $the$ $battery$ $life$- &$amp$; $that$ $is$ $something$ $I$ $deal$ $with$...$I$'$m$ $freakin$ $typing$ $on$ $it$ $now$.
    Lovin' the Pre. Love It.