Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Palm had better be borrowing ideas!! I'd be highly disappointed if they weren't.

/Kevin
    There is a reason palm works with WebOSInternalz.
  3.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    Palm had better be borrowing ideas!! I'd be highly disappointed if they weren't.

/Kevin
    Well what I'm wondering if they're taking things verbatim without giving credit where credit is due.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Well what I'm wondering if they're taking things verbatim without giving credit where credit is due.
    Gotcha. I doubt it, unless they're taking from open source stuff, in which case that's fine. But if they were actually stealing code, they'd open themselves up to a huge lawsuit, and I doubt they would risk it. Not saying it's not possible, but I would think not (again, unless it's open source code).

/Kevin
    well it is obviously is open source considering the webosinternalz team is modifying palm's own code
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Awww theres no problem here but what i would like is this engineer guy to be writing more useful stuff like forwarding text messages and stuff. not adding snooze to the damn clock.
    Quote Originally Posted by atlanta View Post
    Awww theres no problem here but what i would like is this engineer guy to be writing more useful stuff like forwarding text messages and stuff. not adding snooze to the damn clock.
    And for every person that thinks that, there's a person who'd be saying just the opposite if the reverse were true. "Why the hell are they working on text message forwarding?! I want snooze on the damn clock!"

Ideally, we'll all get what we all want.

/Kevin
    if he can add clock in 5 mins....do you really think they are not working on or have worked on forwarding? its most likely done. In the QA stage i'd bet. That stage takes alot longer than development stage.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    The licence required of submitted patches etc is specifically framed so that Palm can freely use them in WebOS. Hope they do.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    What's really unnerving is the clock needs to show time in multiple parts of the world, and he's screwing around with snooze.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    with preware up and running, i could care less if a palm engineer or someone on the board tweaks webos the right way.
    thanks for checking out the code.

it was something i threw together in 5 minutes--the framework really is quite simple to use for tasks like this.

i wanted to focus on how to use the Mojo framework, so i decided to add a simple feature that could be done without needing to get into the details of modifying the non-framework parts of the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by qst4 View Post
    What's really unnerving is the clock needs to show time in multiple parts of the world, and he's screwing around with snooze.
    if you really care what time it is in some other country so much why don't you just learn some math and add/subtract from your time? I happen to love "snooze" on alarms and think it's much more useful
    Anyone who can write that much code in 5 minutes, in front of a crowd, is obviously copying and pasting it from somewhere. There simply is just not enough time to write all of those lines in 5 minutes.