1.    #1  
    So I woke up and started to stream on Shoutcast, and once I left, the stream went dead. I found out that I had no internet connection once the WIFI signal faded away as I drove from home. So I restarted the Pre and it fixed it and the EV icon appeared. So I then streamed shoutcast again and everything was fine. I've noticed this happening more and more lately; losing the internet randomly requiring either a soft restart or going to Airplane mode and back out.

So when I get to work, I connect my Pre to my computer so it can sustain a charge while streaming, but after 1 hour, my battery was at 20%!! I disconnected the cable and plugged it back in but the battery continued to drop until 11% rather quickly and I decided to restart the Pre... AGAIN!! *** is going on with this thing?

I did use the touchstone in the car on the way to work, and I didn't check to see if the Pre was sustaining charge or not. I just assumed it was.

Anyone else having issues like these?

Soup
    Last edited by voltageROCK; 10/27/2009 at 11:51 AM.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I've noticed that the battery charge will not initiate if you are running any type of a streaming app when you plug it in -- whether Music, DrPodder, Pandora, or Shoutcast. Shut down your streaming app, plug in the charging cord (sometimes this takes several tries on my system at work - don't know why...) then restart the streaming app.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Not sure about streaming I don't use those apps too often but you can help initiate a data connection over evdo by toggling the wifi on/off button, you don't have to go to the extent of restarting the device (or did I misunderstand and you did this and still couldn't get a radio connection?)
  4.    #4  
    Thanks guys. I knew someone would have some sort of solution or something to try. Really appreciate the help. Now that you mention it, I do remember that charging while something streaming situation.
    Yes random messages saying the phone cannot make a connection... *** is that?
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by hrdcamjc View Post
    Yes random messages saying the phone cannot make a connection... *** is that?

do those messages appear when you are showing no EVDO or 1x or wifi? If so its because you cannot make a data connection. :-P
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 10/27/2009 at 11:21 AM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    I do remember hearing some reports of streaming apps that kill the battery. The scenario was something like if they error out/lose the stream/etc., the Pre will start dumping massive power into playing the file/stream...even though it can't play.

Had the same thing happen to a youtube file that I paused, minimized then it errored out. Sucked the Pre from ~90% to 11% in about 45 minutes.

On a side note, maybe a better thread heading would be suggested next time. i.e. "Pre has massive battery drain when Streaming?" Makes it a little easier to find and comment.
  8. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Mine is doing this stuff too and I am not even streaming anything. I turn it to Airplane Mode overnight and when I turn it back off in the morning, sometimes EVDO/Signal doesn't come back til I restart the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    So I woke up and started to stream on Shoutcast, and once I left, the stream went dead. I found out that I had no internet connection once the WIFI signal faded away as I drove from home. So I restarted the Pre and it fixed it and the EV icon appeared. So I then streamed shoutcast again and everything was fine. I've noticed this happening more and more lately; losing the internet randomly requiring either a soft restart or going to Airplane mode and back out.

So when I get to work, I connect my Pre to my computer so it can sustain a charge while streaming, but after 1 hour, my battery was at 20%!! I disconnected the cable and plugged it back in but the battery continued to drop until 11% rather quickly and I decided to restart the Pre... AGAIN!! *** is going on with this thing?

I did use the touchstone in the car on the way to work, and I didn't check to see if the Pre was sustaining charge or not. I just assumed it was.

Anyone else having issues like these?

Soup