1.    #1  
    Hi Guys,

i have the gerrman Palm Pre with the WebOS 1.1.3.

Until now i have no data flatrate. So i would disable the data connection via mobile network. I downloaded a App called "Quick System Tasks" in the Homepre Store. But it does not work.

Is there any App to disbale the 3G and Edge network conection?

Thanks for help
    From dialer press the dialer menu (upper left hand corner - likely says O2). Select 'Preferences,' scroll down to 'Data Usage' and slide it to off.
    You cannot disable data usage on the GSM 1.1.3.
  4.    #4  
    on the german O2 Palm Pre is no preference like this.

look at the screenshot

edit: hux no solutions ? no app in sight ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ne0hype View Post
    on the german O2 Palm Pre is no preference like this.

look at the screenshot

edit: hux no solutions ? no app in sight ?
    Perhaps only solution is to delete the connection settings from the database itself.

But do you really need a flatrate, I think I will survive with a couple of hundred MB a month of data. Only use it for mail and doubnt the updates take much data?
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    But won't you still have data service in 2G?...just slower
    ne0hype: No clue about apps. But I am looking forward to the 1.2.x WebOS. I don't see why such an option should be removed from the Euro WebOS, so it is prolly a feature of 1.2.x which we should receive in a few... weeks?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    This data off feature (not to be confused with the roaming data off) is not in 1.1 only 1.2.
    come check out my site @ http:www.willdeasy.com
  9.    #9  
    center15: you talked about the 1.2.X Sprint version?

I am right? ... there are 2 WebOS versions... the Sprint WebOS with the version number 2.X and the O2 WebOS with the version number 1.1.X ??

Did Sprint released a WebOS version 1.2.X ??

And can we be sure that the O2 WebOS in version 1.2 have the option to disable the data connection?
    Sprint and Bell (and O2) only differ in a very few points. The first two include some apps that cannot be removed by the user. The basic WebOS behind it is the same on all devices (but euro is a few patches behind right now).

Palm will try to be on par at some point in time, meaning both the North Americans and the Euros should be on the same software version. With this goal in mind, you can expect that this feature will be included in the 1.2.x euro webOS. But you won't know for sure until Palm seeds it.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    you can disable 3g, when on the dialer menu (Green Dialer Menu) , click the operator name area and click preference and scroll down, you ll find what you want there..

bR

Quote Originally Posted by ne0hype View Post
    Hi Guys,

i have the gerrman Palm Pre with the WebOS 1.1.3.

Until now i have no data flatrate. So i would disable the data connection via mobile network. I downloaded a App called "Quick System Tasks" in the Homepre Store. But it does not work.

Is there any App to disbale the 3G and Edge network conection?

Thanks for help