1.    #1  
    Well i finally broke my iPhone, claimed insurance and now gonna get a Palm Pre this weekend.

I know about the lack of firmware, and am hoping the November rumors are right (anyone wanna confirm then please do)

What im concerned about is installing WebOS Quick Install and all those lovely patches i so want, are they gonna work with a UK based phone with O2 as i know these were probably designed with Sprint and the US in mind. Is there anything i should be worried about?

So -
    1) Are the November firmware rumors right? As in 1.3 being released for UK and US Palm Pres
    2)Will WebOS Quick Install and patches work ok the UK based phone
    I just started sticking homebrew apps on my phone and it works a treat. Having said that, I have had a couple of problems with certain apps e.g. Music Player (remix). This app managed to freeze my phone. I had to remove the battery to get it back to norm!

If you do want to instal homebrew stuff, just follow the steps on here and you should be fine. Only thing to note is that some of the apps are targeted at the US, but it is quite obvious which ones.
  3.    #3  
    But the Palm Pre in the UK wont have the up to date firmware, it has 1.1.3

This is my question will i be able to install filecoaster etc on a phone which is 1.1.3
  4. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    You'd have to think they'd want to push paid apps to all regions ASAP for the extra revenue. 1.3 is hitting in Nov but noone knows if the UK will get parity with the US or "just" get 1.2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by cucumbersandwiches View Post
    I just started sticking homebrew apps on my phone and it works a treat. Having said that, I have had a couple of problems with certain apps
    Good, straight answer. Can anybody else in the EU confirm that the majority of apps work fine with our primitive 1.1.3 version too?
    Check the following thread on the GSM board.

http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...s-1-1-3-a.html

If you do not want to wait for webOS parity you could change to Sprint 1.2.1 as a few of us have done. Details are on the GSM board.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    Quote Originally Posted by cucumbersandwiches View Post
    I just started sticking homebrew apps on my phone and it works a treat. Having said that, I have had a couple of problems with certain apps e.g. Music Player (remix). This app managed to freeze my phone. I had to remove the battery to get it back to norm!

If you do want to instal homebrew stuff, just follow the steps on here and you should be fine. Only thing to note is that some of the apps are targeted at the US, but it is quite obvious which ones.
    Version 0.12.0 of Music Player (Remix) is causing issues on European devices running webOS 1.1.3. It seems to be only compatible with webOS 1.2.x. I've posted a link to version 0.11.1 in my homebrew thread that should work fine. I think I know the cause and am working on a solution.
    hi all

i've had my UK O2 pre for a few days now - after waiting with much anticipation for several months - and am trying very hard to love it, but it's testing my patience. Trying to find and work my way through all the information from various places about quick install, webos doctor, preware etc is painful. and in the meantime my boyfriend's laughing from behind his iphone.

i'm kicking myself for not signing up after the new firmware release. where does the november release date/rumour come from?
    I have 1.2.1 on my UK pre, have done since launch date!

simply installed the sprint rom

only downside is that the dictionary IS United States English
    Quote Originally Posted by searley View Post

simply installed the sprint rom

only downside is that the dictionary IS United States English
    Searley, why didn't you install the International version?
    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

Hey treee, your post made me laugh ;p but I'm in the same situation, getting information scattered here and there IS testing my patience, not my first time with Palm but I forgot how painful it was...
    Quote Originally Posted by searley View Post
    thinking of going down that route too... just trying to work out the different steps required
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Version 0.12.0 of Music Player (Remix) is causing issues on European devices running webOS 1.1.3. It seems to be only compatible with webOS 1.2.x. I've posted a link to version 0.11.1 in my homebrew thread that should work fine. I think I know the cause and am working on a solution.
    Version 0.12.1 has been posted. The compatibility issues with European Pres has been resolved.
    I doctored mine to 1.2.1 an it has really opened up my pre. Preware is really good pm me for help
    UK PRE USER