Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Okay I have a finely tuned ear and I've been noticing Pandora speeds up and slows down depending on a couple of factors.

Personally I thhink it's kewl to hear slightly phase-shifted versions of my faves, but I could see that someone listening to classical, for example, might be unnerved.

I mostly listen to remixes of remixes, etc. so this is totally good for me.

Anyone?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I am not sure if this happened while I was using pandora, but I was streaming music over bluetooth to my home stereo, and I noticed minor tempo and pitch changes. My dad heard them too, so I know it wasn't in my head. I have only noticed it a few times, and each time it was while streaming over bluetooth.

It's possible that its that it is pandora, and I just haven't noticed it while in my car, but it coudl also be bluetooth.

have you been listening over bluetooth when this happens, or does it happen in general?
    Quote Originally Posted by spartca View Post
    Okay I have a finely tuned ear...
    Where'd you get yours done? Mine is terribly out of tune...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I have noticed this from the beginning. At first I thought it was my motorola bluetooth handsfree so I returned it and got a Sony bluetooth deck, and same thing. I tried my wife's phone and hers does the same.

1) While playing music the sound will pop or skip, and as soon as it does, the playback rate will speed up for a few seconds and then return to normal

2) Whenever the audio is paused, when you press play, it will start playback at the higher pitch and then return to normal after a few seconds

I have noticed the same problems with pandora as well as the media player, and only when using bluetooth. When using an aux cable, I have no problems.
    LaunchPoint Speed Dial - There's no faster way to dial, email, or text, period.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Where'd you get yours done? Mine is terribly out of tune...
    Those piano lessons paid off

I think it was when I got tired of classical and started doing jazz scales...
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by worthb View Post
    I have noticed this from the beginning. At first I thought it was my motorola bluetooth handsfree so I returned it and got a Sony bluetooth deck, and same thing. I tried my wife's phone and hers does the same.

1) While playing music the sound will pop or skip, and as soon as it does, the playback rate will speed up for a few seconds and then return to normal

2) Whenever the audio is paused, when you press play, it will start playback at the higher pitch and then return to normal after a few seconds

I have noticed the same problems with pandora as well as the media player, and only when using bluetooth. When using an aux cable, I have no problems.
    so it seems to be a bluetooth related issue. I wonder if this is a general issue with bluetooth audio, or a pre-specific issue.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pomokey View Post
    so it seems to be a bluetooth related issue. I wonder if this is a general issue with bluetooth audio, or a pre-specific issue.
    Good question!

I've seen in other posts that Pre bluetooth stacks are poorly implemented...