Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Looks like Sprint is finally allowing you to send calls to another number instead of your voicemail without the need to have tech support set it up for you (*28 + number). And according to the Google help, soon (if not already) it will be without the forwarding charge. So you can now easily have your calls go to your Google Voice number instead of your voicemail. Here's the Google voice link instructions (sorry, not enough posts to link directly):

www .google .com/support/voice/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=164652
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Oh, and if you want it to go directly to your Google Voice voicemail without waiting a few extra rings after it forwards make sure you do this in Google Voice:

Click Settings
    Click the Phones tab
    Click the Edit button under your mobile number
    Click Show Advanced Settings
    Scroll to the bottom and under Forwarding Options select Go straight to voicemail
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Last I heard Sprint is still charging for it.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    awesome news!!! I clicked the thanks button for ya
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    Last I heard Sprint is still charging for it.
    Yeah the Google Voice instructions said that Sprint is currently rolling out the feature and that you may still be charged for call forwarding. I honestly wouldn't expect Google or Sprint reps to know if you are or aren't going to be charged, but regardless of whether they charge for it I'm just happy to have the ability to enable this myself without having to try to find a Sprint rep that will do it for me.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    if you use your own number with google voicemail there isn't a charge is there? According to lifehacker.org and the google blog, you can use your own number now.
    This is amazing...just another reason why I LOVE GOOGLE!! But yes, before I use this, Sprint needs to drop the crazy .20cent fee per minute for call forwarding. No other large carrier charges for it. I am going to call sprint in the morning to see if I can get a few call forwarding minutes free each month. Worth a shot, right?
    ya you can use your own number but it sucks...you don't get any of the features really, just the voicemail. When sprint lifts this forwarding charge for sure, I'm just going to forward calls to my google voice number permanently, and then forward them back to my cell...that way i will be able to use all the features, and people can still call cell number...i think it should work...not sure though...

actually, anyone know if this will work? cause if you forward all calls to google voice, then google voice calls your number, would it just go back to google voice?
    If anyone needs a GV invite, let me know via PM.

Edit: All gone!
    Last edited by jiron2000; 10/27/2009 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Ran out of invites
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Ok as of right now it appears as if sprint is still charging the .20 for the forwarding. Hopefully the roll out of the fee removal will be fairly quick for me i don't get a lot of voicemails but those that do will probably NOT want to enable this for now
    Quote Originally Posted by psvillars View Post
    Ok as of right now it appears as if sprint is still charging the .20 for the forwarding. Hopefully the roll out of the fee removal will be fairly quick for me i don't get a lot of voicemails but those that do will probably NOT want to enable this for now
    Yea even if the voicemail picks up and the person hangs up before leaving a message, there goes 20 cents. If they leave you a 3 minute voicemail, 60 cents. Crazy. Sprint should have done away with charging for call forwarding long ago.
    does everyone know that calling through google voice is just the same as calling landlines and uses up your min. from your plan . So be careful unless you have unlimited talk on your plan.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    If you have the five free numbers and you add your google voice number to your plan it doesn't cost, you just have to make sure you set your google voice to display your google number on incoming calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    If you have the five free numbers and you add your google voice number to your plan it doesn't cost, you just have to make sure you set your google voice to display your google number on incoming calls.
    How do you get the five free numbers? Is that a paid add-on? I looked, but didn't see it. Is it something you have to ask Sprint for and they give it to you for free? What's the scoop here?

/Kevin
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    This is having calls forwarded to your google voicemail, though. It's a different issue altogether. But, yes, I too am extremely eager for sprint to drop this .20 charge.
    what about the loop?
    how did you get 5 free numbers on your account?
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    It's Sprints version of T-Mobile [or is it verizon's] Favorite 5... or something.... call sprint!
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    BTW, JeepJay, If this isn't a hoax.... You are the shiznit!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewPre View Post
    It's Sprints version of T-Mobile [or is it verizon's] Favorite 5... or something.... call sprint!
    Definitely will! What's the per-month charge? Is there an official name for this feature?

/Kevin
Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast