Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edd247 View Post
    I believe that there is a bug with GV. If you get a call to your sprint # from a blocked number (possibly any unknown #?) it does not go straight to your google voicemail, it calls your google voice number. This happens even if you have "go straight to voicemail" on
    Yeah, I did call from work phone and called ID shows it as UNKNOWN.
    activated 15 mins ago, works flawlessly, mayone 1 more ring than normal and clear spoken english is transcribed perfectly
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    MLJones8:

You and I are in the same general area (mizzou) and I had no issues enabling conditional call forwarding, so I don't think it's 'parts of the network' specific.
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    MLJones8:

You and I are in the same general area (mizzou) and I had no issues enabling conditional call forwarding, so I don't think it's 'parts of the network' specific.

I appreciate the feedback... but I've graduated from mu and am a little over 100 miles away. So it may still be a network issue.... time will tell.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    this thing works great no problems.. now dont have to pay for vmail anymore..
    Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    Sprint is making conditional call forwarding FREE, so it won't matter, right?

/Kevin
    I'm still getting charged for this call fwd service, is anyone else?
    So have we confirmed that when a call is forwarded to google voice it is not considered a cell phone, so we are still charged airtime for the cumulative length of all the messages in a month?
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepopscience View Post
    So have we confirmed that when a call is forwarded to google voice it is not considered a cell phone, so we are still charged airtime for the cumulative length of all the messages in a month?
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    How do you get the five free numbers? Is that a paid add-on? I looked, but didn't see it. Is it something you have to ask Sprint for and they give it to you for free? What's the scoop here?

/Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by joesparty View Post
    how did you get 5 free numbers on your account?
    It is not a paid add on. I had the free incoming plan with when Sprint bought out Nextel, I had called several times before the Pre launced to make sure my plan was okay and was told yes. The day of the launch I went to pick up my phone and was told I needed to change plans. I called to give an idle threat of leaving since they couldn't get their act toghther and was offered the three free numbers, and I said is that all I get and fussed about now I will have to watch my calls etc.. and they gave me two more. I switched to the 450 Everything Data plan. You can call and change the numbers but it is only effective on your billing date. I recieved my google voice number a month later. My billable minutes now with the five free numbers and unlimited mobile to mobile had dropped down to about 75 minutes a month. Total usage is around 1500 minutes. So basically with the five free from sprint and google voice you almost have unlimited calling. The only thing you have to do is make sure in google voice you have it set to show your google voice number for incoming calls and outgoing calls.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Using 1 should only be a failsafe if the 10-digit # doesn't work, which it always should on a cell phone.
    You always have to dial 1+area code if you end up roaming on Verizon's network.. Which is why I store all my address book entries with 1+area code.
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joesparty View Post
    I'm still getting charged for this call fwd service, is anyone else?
    dail * 2 and talk to someone make sure your doing the conditional forwarding
    I went to add the call forwarding on the Gvoice site and it stated this:

"Note: Sprint will enable free conditional call forwarding for busy calls or calls not answered on your mobile phone beginning in mid-November. Until that is completed, this feature may not work or you may be charged every time someone leaves a voicemail."

please disregard if this has already been mentioned.. didn't feel like going back and looking
    I get a code you have entered is not valid response when trying the code on the Google website. *28 and number
    can someone please invite me to Google voice?
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    Couldn't find this in a search, but maybe it's been asked - can we remap the voicemail button to go to gv?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostyroasty View Post
    I get a code you have entered is not valid response when trying the code on the Google website. *28 and number

It was my understanding you enter this from your Sprint cell phone... However, I get the same error from my sprint phone at the current time.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    I tried this and it sends to my work voice mail rather than gvoice mail. When someone calls my cell, if I don't answer it rings my work phone and then goes to work voice mail. Any ideas how to fix?
    As of 8:30am PST Sprint is still charging for call fowarding. Maybe this will change by the end of the day. I won't be using this feature until that has been resolved. The question I do have is when they do stop charging, how does this exactly work? Someone calls my cell number, I don't answer so it goes to my Google voicemail instead? Can I set the amout of rings it takes to transfer to Google Voice?
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    It was my understanding you enter this from your Sprint cell phone... However, I get the same error from my sprint phone at the current time.
    I entered it from my phone as well... Guess I'm not special enough at this time :P
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I just contacted Customer Service and they advised me that call forwarding is still .20/minute and thats even for conditional call forwarding
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast