Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

As of this afternoon I already have six 20 cent charges for voicemail forwarding....I guess i'll deactivate until 11/09..
    im confused, has ayone heard of youmail.com?

Before i was aware and a member of GV this is what I used for my voicemail on sprint. I had to call sprint and have them change the no answer call forwarding and the busy call forwarding to go to my youmail number. This then allowed me to get SMS trasnscripts (for a charge) and also basic SMS messages when I got a voicemail that contained more information than a normal message waiting indicator (Name of caller, duration, if they left a message, ability to listed to VM online).. all of these were free

Also it allowed me to have custom greetings per caller.

I have never been charged the 20 cents per minute and have been doing this for months. why? whats different from GV?

I understand that the regular call forwarding is 20 cents a minute, and that would be heaven (to have all calls route to GV, but I was under the impression that If you call and request specifically your NO ANSWER CF to another number, this does not incurr charges.

Please someone let me know whats going on becuase I would like to use GV instead of youmail to handle voicemail only (until the 20 cent charge is lifted for all forwarding).

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by icecool988 View Post
    im confused, has ayone heard of youmail.com?

Before i was aware and a member of GV this is what I used for my voicemail on sprint. I had to call sprint and have them change the no answer call forwarding and the busy call forwarding to go to my youmail number. This then allowed me to get SMS trasnscripts (for a charge) and also basic SMS messages when I got a voicemail that contained more information than a normal message waiting indicator (Name of caller, duration, if they left a message, ability to listed to VM online).. all of these were free

Also it allowed me to have custom greetings per caller.

I have never been charged the 20 cents per minute and have been doing this for months. why? whats different from GV?

I understand that the regular call forwarding is 20 cents a minute, and that would be heaven (to have all calls route to GV, but I was under the impression that If you call and request specifically your NO ANSWER CF to another number, this does not incurr charges.

Please someone let me know whats going on becuase I would like to use GV instead of youmail to handle voicemail only (until the 20 cent charge is lifted for all forwarding).

Thanks.
    Depending on the rep, some said conditional forwarding was $0.20 per minute, some didn't before. Now the policy is that across the board, conditional forwarding is free. They've also made it easier to set up conditional forwarding, by dialing *28 I think it was.

In addition, if you have the Simply Everything plan (as opposed to Everything 450 or 900) then apparently regular forwarding will be free at the end of next month as well.

Youmail and Google Voice (if using your own number, not a GV number) have the same features pretty much. If using the GV number, then Google Voice can do more.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    So I can finally block calls?!?! YouMail "ditchmail"...I'll be back!!!

Being me has its advantages.

-- Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Depending on the rep, some said conditional forwarding was $0.20 per minute, some didn't before. Now the policy is that across the board, conditional forwarding is free. They've also made it easier to set up conditional forwarding, by dialing *28 I think it was.

In addition, if you have the Simply Everything plan (as opposed to Everything 450 or 900) then apparently regular forwarding will be free at the end of next month as well.

Youmail and Google Voice (if using your own number, not a GV number) have the same features pretty much. If using the GV number, then Google Voice can do more.
    so my optimal line would be to ditch youmail right now and utilize GV as my VM platform, because conditional call forwarding is free and GV is just a superior voicemail platform.

also right now to give all new contacts my GV number and not my cell number.

I have the Everything 450 so my dream of not having to train 100+ people
    to use a new phone number, along with not being able to block all the solicitation calls, is a crushed dream (I have 0 need for the simply everything with the unlimited mobile deal).

NOOOO.

Basically GV gives me a cool voicemail and even if i just give it to all the new people I meet and get a lot of people to start calling it, i need to get it on the "fav 5" if i dont want to be in danger with the 450 plan right?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by noaxis2 View Post
    So I can finally block calls?!?! YouMail "ditchmail"...I'll be back!!!
    please explain what you mean.
    Something else.

To anyone wanting to use GV, I have 3 invites remaining, let me know via PM, and i'll hook you up. (Only valid while supplies last. :P)
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I have tried to forward via *28 gut I am getting a message that says the feature or code i have dialed is invalid.... what am i doing wrong?
    It sad to the

*28 (THen the phone number following I think)

So EXP: *28 5555550000

Thats how I think its done.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I tried forwarding to my google voice account 2 days ago

I called 3 times and I saw this on my Sprint usage details:

Call Forwarding 0 3 0 3 $0.60

When will this become free?
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta-9 View Post
    I tried forwarding to my google voice account 2 days ago

I called 3 times and I saw this on my Sprint usage details:

Call Forwarding 0 3 0 3 $0.60

When will this become free?

Nov. 8th.

As posted earlier in this thread... i think.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Nov. 8th.

As posted earlier in this thread... i think.
    im still confused, it has been free for me for months using youmail but not GV.
    so my optimal line would be to ditch youmail right now and utilize GV as my VM platform, because conditional call forwarding is free and GV is just a superior voicemail platform.

also right now to give all new contacts my GV number and not my cell number.

I have the Everything 450 so my dream of not having to train 100+ people
    to use a new phone number, along with not being able to block all the solicitation calls, is a crushed dream (I have 0 need for the simply everything with the unlimited mobile deal).

NOOOO.

Basically GV gives me a cool voicemail and even if i just give it to all the new people I meet and get a lot of people to start calling it, i need to get it on the "fav 5" if i dont want to be in danger with the 450 plan right?

Thanks.
    this is what im dying for some input on.
    I had an old promo on my account, "Sprint to Home", which means my home number wasn't getting charged to my minutes. I just switched my "home" number to my Google Voice number. Now all of my outgoing calls through Google Voice will not count against my minutes.

Also, incoming calls through Google Voice "might" not count against my minutes. I'll have to see how that works on my next bill.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I just got off the phone with a helpful sprint rep., here is what I found out.

Conditional call forwarding will be free on all plans starting Nov 8th.

The rep said that sprint was partnering with google on voicemail
    and to activate it all you need to do is activate it through the google
    voice service. Go to your google voice page on the web and
    select settings on the upper right side of the page. Under the phones
    tab look for your cell number. There should be an option to "Activate
    Google voicemail for this phone" (my GV# shows this option right now).
    click on it and you are done (I think), I'm waiting until the 8th
    to try it though, I wouldn't want to rack up the .20 charges.

The rep said he would put a note under my number that stated forwarding
    would not be charged if it's just used for voice mail. This was the first time
    he had heard of this so he had to make notes and speak to his supervisior
    a few times. He also mentioned that he used youmail and it was free on his
    bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackbone View Post
    Something else.

To anyone wanting to use GV, I have 3 invites remaining, let me know via PM, and i'll hook you up. (Only valid while supplies last. :P)
    Thanks man!
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    I called tech support as *28 was not working for me to forward my phone. They instructed me to use *72(googlevoicenumber) which worked; but, when I call my cell phone or google voice number now my telephone will not ring
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    I called tech support as *28 was not working for me to forward my phone. They instructed me to use *72(googlevoicenumber) which worked; but, when I call my cell phone or google voice number now my telephone will not ring

that was a misinformed rep who did not know the dif between regular call forwarding and condidional call forwarding.
    Is Sprint openly supporting google's voicemail their way of saying that they are not going to bother with visual voicemail anymore?

Edit:

BTW I just went to enable this and got a link to this page about Sprint's charging for this service

https://www.google.com/voice/voice/sprint

"Using Google Voice with a phone
    Starting mid-November 2009, Sprint is enabling free conditional call forwarding on its network, allowing you to use Google voicemail with your Sprint phone number. (Standard charges will continue to apply for immediate call forwarding.) 1
    Note: Until Sprint updates your account, Google Voice with your existing number may not work or you may be charged every time someone leaves a voicemail.
    After enabling Google Voice on your Sprint mobile phone, calls you miss or ignore will be redirected to your Google Voice account. Additionally, you'll be able to access your voicemail online, read voicemail transcripts, and get notified by email or SMS every time you get a new voicemail."
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    that was a misinformed rep who did not know the dif between regular call forwarding and condidional call forwarding.
    can you please elaborate?
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast