Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617
    i think it is awesome and it is still in the works so stuff will improve
    I love the app and the voicemail is very cool. The interface is very slick.

Everything seems to work great except the phone dial button on the dialer. Everytime I click it, it pulls up the phone dialer and dials into my GV voicemail.

I must have something set improperly. Am I mistaken that it should just dial out over the sprint network when that button is pressed vs web dialing???

Figured it out....WebDial dials over the Web and the phone button dials your GV number then dials out over that.

It would be pretty cool if the GDial dialer had an option to use the Sprint services like the Pre Dialer if you wanted to just stick with one universal dialer app.

Great stuff though...
    Last edited by Pogue Mahone; 12/09/2009 at 05:07 PM.
  3. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    You do not need to set your GV number to go directly to voice mail. If your cell phone is activated to use GV, then once it gets forwarded to your GV number, the voice mail picks up right away.
    I'm having a strange problem that I wonder if anyone has a thought on or if anyone else has experienced this. When Sprint first dropped the conditional call forwarding fee, I set up a Google Voice number, and set up my Pre to ring through to the Google Voicemail if I ignored or didn't answer a call to the Pre. It worked great for the first few weeks. Now, however, for the last couple of weeks, if my cell phone is off, a call is handled the same way (it goes straight to Google Voicemail), BUT if I ignore a call, rather than going straight to Google Voicemail, the call begins to ring on the other numbers which I have my Google Voice ring. In other words, if I dismiss a call to my Pre, it begins to ring in my office rather than being directed to my Google Voicemail! Anyone have any thoughts? I tried reaching out to Sprint to find out if they changed anything, but they didn't seem to have a clue, and I e-mailed Google Voice for support on the issue a couple of weeks ago, but no reply from them either.

I LOVE that I receive a text message and e-mail of my voicemails, but I can't continue having my personal calls ring in my office when I miss them...I may have to switch over to You Mail if I can't get this corrected. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    I'm having a strange problem that I wonder if anyone has a thought on or if anyone else has experienced this. When Sprint first dropped the conditional call forwarding fee, I set up a Google Voice number, and set up my Pre to ring through to the Google Voicemail if I ignored or didn't answer a call to the Pre. It worked great for the first few weeks. Now, however, for the last couple of weeks, if my cell phone is off, a call is handled the same way (it goes straight to Google Voicemail), BUT if I ignore a call, rather than going straight to Google Voicemail, the call begins to ring on the other numbers which I have my Google Voice ring. In other words, if I dismiss a call to my Pre, it begins to ring in my office rather than being directed to my Google Voicemail! Anyone have any thoughts? I tried reaching out to Sprint to find out if they changed anything, but they didn't seem to have a clue, and I e-mailed Google Voice for support on the issue a couple of weeks ago, but no reply from them either.

I LOVE that I receive a text message and e-mail of my voicemails, but I can't continue having my personal calls ring in my office when I miss them...I may have to switch over to You Mail if I can't get this corrected. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
    Sounds like an issue with google preferences... Do you ever want your office phone to ring? If not just remove it from your google voice forward option.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  5. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Sounds like an issue with google preferences... Do you ever want your office phone to ring? If not just remove it from your google voice forward option.
    Thanks for your reply. I DO want my office phone to ring when the Google Voice number is called during business hours, but not when the cell phone is called directly (I give some people the cell number, and others the Google Voice number, depending on how I want their call treated). Since making my post, I checked my Google Voice settings, and it appears that Google Voice may have changed their default settings. Now, rather than missed or ignored cell phone calls forwarding directly to Google Voicemail, it appears that we have the option of choosing whether the calls will ring our other Google Voice numbers first or just be forwarded directly to Google Voicemail. I say that Google Voice appears to have changed their default settings based on the info in the message I replied to which indicates that "Originally Posted by lastdetailwd - You do not need to set your GV number to go directly to voice mail. If your cell phone is activated to use GV, then once it gets forwarded to your GV number, the voice mail picks up right away.", and based on my prior experience that I didn't need to adjust any settings to have my missed cell phone calls answered directly by Google Voicemail. In any event, I noticed and changed the setting which asks if I want missed calls to ring my other phone numbers first or just go directly to my Google Voicemail, and it looks like that did the trick! Thanks for the feedback.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Help improve transcription quality
    http://googlevoiceblog.blogspot.com/...n-quality.html
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 | 1:37 PM

Google Voice automatically transcribes voicemail messages so you can get a sense of what messages are about without needing to listen to them. The automated process sometimes works great, sometimes not so well. But we're committed to making it better. After all, my friends don't call me "ten cent" in real life!

There are many variables that influence the quality of transcripts, from background noise, to caller accent, to connection quality, and more. Having a pool of messages that can be used to gauge accuracy is very useful in that respect.

And this is where you can help by "donating" some of your voicemail messages. Until now, the only feedback you could give was to let us know if the quality of the transcript was good enough to be useful or not, by checking the corresponding box next to the message. You can now go one step further by letting us figure out why it was good or bad. When you rate a transcript, you will be asked whether you would like to donate the message. You have three options:

The messages you donate may be listened to, manually transcribed by us and/or used to gauge transcription improvements over time, but they will never be made public or used for any other purpose than improving the transcription quality.

And if you're feeling generous, you can go back to old messages you previously rated and donate those, too!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Posted by Vincent Paquet

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617