Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617 LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 326
  1. #301  
    I had to switch back to sprint voicemail, maybe once google polishes their voicemail system Ill switch back, but here are my complaints:

    1. Transcription is a joke, unless someone leaves you a voicemail in the most proper english ever spoken, you cannot understand what they are trying to say anyhow.

    2. Maybe it required some setup, but it does not tell you the phone number that left the voicemail, just said "unknown caller", although one of my contacts it said her name (said it completely wrong, but said it). So maybe it will speak the name of your contacts in gmail?

    3. Biggest complaint is that its not setup for the phone, in other words, you cannot setup the voicemail button to dial GV, therefore you have to speed dial it, which isnt an issue...but once you get into voicemail you have to press the keypad button in order to even use the voicemail, something that automatically happens when dialing sprint voicemail.

    Those are my gripes, maybe this new app fixed them?
  2. dvdmon's Avatar
    Posts
    599 Posts
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    #302  
    Strange, I've had a very different experience:

    1. Yes, transcription CAN be a joke - literally! ;-) That is, I've gotten a couple that were so mangled that reading it was making me laugh! However, I would say a good 90% of them are clear enough that I can more or less get the gist. Yes, it needs lots of work. But then again the alternative - Sprint VM - has NO transcription whatsoever, so it's kind of unfair to complain too much about this feature.

    2. I haven't needed to set anything up and just about all my calls have numbers associated and displayed - often linking to my contacts. Have you tried calling yourself from a phone you know will show up in caller id? It's possible there is some setting that tells it to display the number when it can't find an association in your contact (vs. just showing "unknown") but I don't remember ever setting something like that.

    3. Yes, but gDialPro (and perhaps some of the other Google Voice Pre apps) get around this by letting you listen to your messages by just hitting a button in the app. You don't have to call or anything. Have you tried any of these out??

    Quote Originally Posted by jonaddis84 View Post
    I had to switch back to sprint voicemail, maybe once google polishes their voicemail system Ill switch back, but here are my complaints:

    1. Transcription is a joke, unless someone leaves you a voicemail in the most proper english ever spoken, you cannot understand what they are trying to say anyhow.

    2. Maybe it required some setup, but it does not tell you the phone number that left the voicemail, just said "unknown caller", although one of my contacts it said her name (said it completely wrong, but said it). So maybe it will speak the name of your contacts in gmail?

    3. Biggest complaint is that its not setup for the phone, in other words, you cannot setup the voicemail button to dial GV, therefore you have to speed dial it, which isnt an issue...but once you get into voicemail you have to press the keypad button in order to even use the voicemail, something that automatically happens when dialing sprint voicemail.

    Those are my gripes, maybe this new app fixed them?
    Twitter: @dvdmon

  3. #303  
    I can generally get the idea from transcription. Most importantly, I can get the sense of how urgent the call is (from Mrs. Bujin, for example) so I don't have to feel like I need to answer the phone when in a meeting. I can let it go to VM, get the text, and then step out if it's an emergency.
  4. #304  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonaddis84 View Post

    2. Maybe it required some setup, but it does not tell you the phone number that left the voicemail, just said "unknown caller", although one of my contacts it said her name (said it completely wrong, but said it). So maybe it will speak the name of your contacts in gmail?
    This can be fixed by uploading your contacts to Google... this is the 'cloud' I keep mine on so this has never been an issue (for me). After you've uploaded your contacts to google you can then set personal voice mails for groups/people then leave a professional voicemail for the unknown callers. This I really like... a short message for friends/family tends to convince them to leave a message. Whereas when they have to wait through a long professional voicemail they tend to hang up and not leave a message.

    The new app doesn't fix anything. Its a stripped version of G-Dial.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  5. #305  
    Google Voicemail is great. Transcripts can be off but I get a general idea of the message. I have the gdial app and just downloaded the Voicemail app and both work great if I want to hear the voice message. I wish there was a way to skim through a voice message (i.e. a play, pause, ffd, rwd buttons).
  6. #306  
    so how do we find out if conditional call forwarding is free yet? It is past mid-november. And how do I activate it?

    I would try to install the app but because of all the memory errors I get when trying to install app store apps. I think I would need to remove preware, delete all apps and spin clockwise on one foot to get a freekin app to load( thanks palm)

    so I will stick with the awesome homebrew apps such as gdial pro(thanks homebrew)
  7. #307  
    So I have a GV number, my Sprint number, most of my contacts in a separate Google account (which are synergized), the contacts I have in my GV account (which are not connected to my Pre)...and some other accounts...

    Let's say someone calls my Sprint number/Pre, a contact who is in my separate Google account (and hence, on my Pre), but not in my GV contacts. Will they get my default/generic GV outgoing message? When I look at it in my gDial Pro, will gDial Pro pull the name from my Pre? or does it only have access to the GV contacts list, and so it will only show the number, since my GV account doesn't have that contact in it?

    Let's say someone calls my Sprint number/Pre, a contact who *is* in my GV account (and who is *not* on my Pre). They'll get the GV outgoing message that I've assigned to them, of course, and their name will show up in my gDial Pro history, right? Basically, does GV get the incoming number to use to match against its contact list?

    Thanks!
  8. #308  
    Anyone have a google voice invite for me please?
    jellis60@hotmail.com
  9. #309  
    Quote Originally Posted by lite blue View Post
    so how do we find out if conditional call forwarding is free yet? It is past mid-november. And how do I activate it?

    I would try to install the app but because of all the memory errors I get when trying to install app store apps. I think I would need to remove preware, delete all apps and spin clockwise on one foot to get a freekin app to load( thanks palm)

    so I will stick with the awesome homebrew apps such as gdial pro(thanks homebrew)
    I set mine up with Spint today and was told that it was in fact free provided that it is set up by Sprint the first time!. Call (888) 211-4727 (Pre support) and you will get someone who knows what is going on right away.

    I was told that the very first time, your forwarding number must be set up with Sprint. After I hung up it was working.

    Important: I was told that to deactivate this from the phone, I should dial *720 from my cell phone. To reactivate, dial *28 and the GV number. Appears to work fine for me.
  10. #310  
    Quote Originally Posted by gkouri View Post
    I set mine up with Spint today and was told that it was in fact free provided that it is set up by Sprint the first time!. Call (888) 211-4727 (Pre support) and you will get someone who knows what is going on right away.

    I was told that the very first time, your forwarding number must be set up with Sprint. After I hung up it was working.

    Important: I was told that to deactivate this from the phone, I should dial *720 from my cell phone. To reactivate, dial *28 and the GV number. Appears to work fine for me.
    My .02:

    For what its worth... I set mine up myself and have been through a billing cycle already (w/o being charged).
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  11. kardier's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #311  
    Are you still sending out google voice invites? If so can you please send me one? kardier@gmail.com. Thanks
  12. kardier's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #312  
    Quote Originally Posted by jiron2000 View Post
    If anyone needs a GV invite, let me know via PM.

    Edit: All gone!
    Are you still sending out google voice invites? If so can you please send me one? kardier@gmail.com. I'm not sure if the edit: All gone is referring to ythe fact that you don't have anymore or not because Im not familiar. Thanks
  13. jfol's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    #313  
    If anyone else has any extra invites could I get one also please - jayfollin@gmail.com . I requested one through Google but haven't heard anything from them. Thanks
  14. Litt's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    #314  
    Love Google Voice. Transcription is bad, but good enough to know if it is something you need to call back immediatly or not. Great when I'm in a meeting.

    The passcode isn't that big of a deal to me. If I didn't want to type it I could just use GDial.

    I work out of 2 offices and on the road a lot. I love that I can check voice mail from a computer. Also, in one of my offices I get really bad reception so having the ability to forward call to the extension at that office is awesome.
  15. #315  
    subscribing to read later
  16. squrlio's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #316  
    I have tried over and over to fwd my Sprint voicemail on the Pre to GV voicemail without success. I call *28410929xxxx(number given to me by the GV activation process..NOT my GV number, oddly) and connect for about a half second then see "Done" on Pre.
    I call my Sprint # from the home phone and the Sprint VM still takes the call. I am wondering if the fact that I have barely one bar and roam 1X on the Pre while trying to activate is the issue. Any ideas??
    It's snowing here right now but I will wait until the roads are better and drive somewhere where I get full Sprint signal and try the activation again. Will update if/not it works.
  17. #317  
    squrl, i have the same problem. when i go somewhere with evdo and full signal, same thing
  18. #318  
    Quote Originally Posted by squrlgurl View Post
    I have tried over and over to fwd my Sprint voicemail on the Pre to GV voicemail without success. I call *28410929xxxx(number given to me by the GV activation process..NOT my GV number, oddly) and connect for about a half second then see "Done" on Pre.
    I call my Sprint # from the home phone and the Sprint VM still takes the call. I am wondering if the fact that I have barely one bar and roam 1X on the Pre while trying to activate is the issue. Any ideas??
    It's snowing here right now but I will wait until the roads are better and drive somewhere where I get full Sprint signal and try the activation again. Will update if/not it works.

    First you must activate it on google voice's web page (under settings)... then you dial *28 (GV number) from your sprint phone.

    Hope this helps.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
  19. squrlio's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #319  
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    First you must activate it on google voice's web page (under settings)... then you dial *28 (GV number) from your sprint phone.

    Hope this helps.
    Yes I did all that. But dialing the number in an area with barely any signal would not allow the forwarding process to complete.

    I dialed the *28 sequence today in an area with full EVDO and voila!, the forwarding worked. Had my DH call and leave a message to test out the transcribing. Not perfect but pretty good.

    So if anyone is trying to activate voicemail forwarding to GV voicemail from the Sprint phone in an area with bad signal then try calling the *28# given during activation on the PC) again when you are in an area with EVDO coverage and I bet it will work.
  20. PreMium's Avatar
    Posts
    236 Posts
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    #320  
    I got it set up a couple days ago and kind of liked it, but then I had a couple calls that seemed to go direct to voicemail without ringing so I went back to Sprint VoiceMail

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions