Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I'm not sure. When testing, I noticed that GDial Pro didn't immediately send updates when I got new vm, but eventually (without refreshing), I got the updates. Try just waiting. If that doesn't work, post on here, and I'll dig around at settings and see if I had to set something up (these days, I tend to forget exactly what I've done to make something work... sigh...)
    How did you get Gdialpro to give updates? My Gdialpro is literally devoid of any voicemails (even though i have three logged), missed calls, etc.

Any help would be appreciated
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wessock View Post
    That's because you're dialing *28 CELL NUMBER and not *28 GV NUMBER. I did the same thing at first until I found CLEAR instructions that you were supposed to use the google voice number. Most websites just say "your number" and confuse people.
    No, I actually do *28GV#
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    How did you get Gdialpro to give updates? My Gdialpro is literally devoid of any voicemails (even though i have three logged), missed calls, etc.

i recommend you go to the gdial pro thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...voice-app.html

the developer, fpalm, is very helpful
    How many anytime minutes do you guys usually have spare in a month? Just curious??

Do you think you get less than 450 busy/no anwer calls actually forwarded to your voicemail every month?? If you get more than 450 calls forward to your VM, you will DEFINITELY be past your anytime minutes... and that's when extra minutes start going for $0.45/min or some shiz. Not too cheap if you're the type of person who's always receiving calls... or likes to silence the ringer and ignore people just because you don't feel like talking.

Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    It's not just 50 VMs... but it's 50 forwarded calls that make it to your VM. Instant minute!

If your phone's off for a day... and somebody manages to call and see your phone's off... they're gonna call back. One person might call you 10 times when your phone's off to see when it gets turned back on. If you've only got 450 Anytime minutes... it's just something to consider.

So I'm just saying that during peak hours -- be careful that you have spare batteries, make sure the phone is always in grabbing distance, and take it easy on ignoring your wannabe friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by edd247 View Post
    i recommend you go to the gdial pro thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...voice-app.html

the developer, fpalm, is very helpful
    At the risk of sounding like I'm weasling out of helping, that's probably the best advice. I frequently "stumble on to" getting something to work, and don't know if I'd be able to properly walk you through things. As much as I'd like to believe I'm the smartest person in the world, there's a good chance the developer knows more about his program than I...
    Can anyone provide me with a GV invite?

Thanks in advance.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    i got a couple of invites someone sent me, would you like one meyer?

also the problem i have is i can send sms but cannot recieve them, and when ppl call my gv number, it does strange things, am i doing something wrong?
    Google Voice is still in an alpha stage... still not even a beta yet.

There will be bumps along the way with GV, but they won't last for long. Just wait a while and problems should work themselves out. If they don't solve the problems, check out the GV Help or FAQ and report the issue.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    How many anytime minutes do you guys usually have spare in a month? Just curious??

Do you think you get less than 450 busy/no anwer calls actually forwarded to your voicemail every month?? If you get more than 450 calls forward to your VM, you will DEFINITELY be past your anytime minutes... and that's when extra minutes start going for $0.45/min or some shiz. Not too cheap if you're the type of person who's always receiving calls... or likes to silence the ringer and ignore people just because you don't feel like talking.
    If you have the pick 3 numbers for free option, can you use one of those numbers to forward your voicemail for free?

I don't use my google voice number for phone calls, but I do use it for voicemail. I just don't understand the way it works.

When you get a call on your regular sprint phone number, and it then gets forwarded to google voicemail, is it getting forwarded to your google voice number? If that's the case then I think those of us that have this option would not have to worry about using google voice.
    Quote Originally Posted by metroff1 View Post
    If you have the pick 3 numbers for free option, can you use one of those numbers to forward your voicemail for free?
    I'm not 100%, but I'm fairly certain that those calls will still come from your anytime minutes. I'm not positive, but pretty sure. I'm also not 100% on whether any mobile incoming calls will come from your anytime minutes either. But it's just something that you should look out for. I don't use my GV # for such things, so I don't know for sure right now... but somebody will find out soon, I'm sure. Maybe next week.

When you get a call on your regular sprint phone number, and it then gets forwarded to google voicemail, is it getting forwarded to your google voice number?
    I think it's actually both of your numbers that are getting forwarded. If only your number dials GV, it asks for a pin. If only their number dials GV, it rings your cell phone. If both of your numbers are calling GV (a Sprint forwarded call), then it goes straight to the vm greeting if you so choose.

If that's the case then I think those of us that have this option would not have to worry about using google voice.
    Look out for it. I think it's a ploy by Sprint to get people to reach overages of $0.45/min instead of $0.20/min. Just sayin'. I think each and every forwarded call will be deducted from Anytime minutes, no matter the source, nor any pick3/5 or S2H-type feature. I can't wait until somebody can provide me with an official answer, tho.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Might be old news never tried it on 1.2 but now a press "play message" in my email notification and guess what? it downloads and plays on my Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post

It just occurred to me, there are two GDial Pros available, one from the Apps Catalog, and one from HomeBrew. The one form the Apps Catalog is less functional (had to play by the rules). Which one are you running?
    so i'm wanting to try out google voice / gdialpro as a solution to the missing visial voice mail on the pre and i was wondering if anyone had a spare invite.
    Unfortunately, I don't think an invite will be able to get you an account at this time. Since they acquired Gizmo5, they've blocked new accounts from being created... at least temporarily.
    I looked in this thread, but too long. I apologize if answered, how do you turn off "conditional call forwarding" (*28)?
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by todivefor View Post
    I looked in this thread, but too long. I apologize if answered, how do you turn off "conditional call forwarding" (*28)?
    Note: Sprint will enable free conditional call forwarding for busy calls or calls not answered on your mobile phone beginning in mid-November. Until that is completed, this feature may not work or you may be charged every time someone leaves a voicemail. Learn more

Follow these steps to deactivate Google Voice on your mobile phone.
    Enter the following exactly as written, as if you are dialing someone:
    Press "Send" or "Call" on your phone to dial that number. If you are not getting any error message, you are done!
    Got an error? Learn more

Done
    I ride submarines...
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    If someone could kindly send me a google invite I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance
    I'm not sure if this has been asked, but say i switch my voicemail too google voicemail, what happens to the current messages in my old voicemail? will it be forwarded as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by nirvodka View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been asked, but say i switch my voicemail too google voicemail, what happens to the current messages in my old voicemail? will it be forwarded as well?
    Your old Sprint voicemail messages will stay where they are. All you are doing is forwarding any calls from the point you switch to your GV VM. You can still check your Sprint voicemail, you just wont get any new VMs in it while you have the forwarding enabled as they will be handled by GV.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    so do you just use gDial Pro instead of regular phone app on the Pre? to place calls and such.