Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617 LastLast
    I love being able to use GV for my voicemail. However, I won't know I have a voicemail unless I check. With Sprint's own vm, I get a notification. Any other way around this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub0nIceman View Post
    GUYS!!! what username/password is gDial pro asking for?
    my google voice username/password works online... i can't make it work on gDial pro.
    You need to type in the PIN code when you setup your GV. Do you still remember what it is?
    Quote Originally Posted by myrcgarage View Post
    I love being able to use GV for my voicemail. However, I won't know I have a voicemail unless I check. With Sprint's own vm, I get a notification. Any other way around this?
    If you set it up in Google Voice to send you an SMS you will.
    In your Google Voice Settings you can get notifications by either SMS, Email or Both.
    GV allows you to send a notification to your phone when you receive a voice mail. It also allows you to receive an email of the transription. I use both.

In addition, if you're running GDial Pro, it will notify you when there are updates (missed calls, voice messages, etc).

No shortage of notification options...
    I Do the same ^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    GV allows you to send a notification to your phone when you receive a voice mail. It also allows you to receive an email of the transription. I use both.

In addition, if you're running GDial Pro, it will notify you when there are updates (missed calls, voice messages, etc).

No shortage of notification options...
    Thanks. Actually, I only had email setup. I should setup SMS.

Re: GDial Pro, I had to manually Refresh before I get the alert. Am I missing something?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub0nIceman View Post
    GUYS!!! what username/password is gDial pro asking for?
    my google voice username/password works online... i can't make it work on gDial pro.
    The complete e-mail address of your google voice email account is your gDial Pro "Google Voice Login".
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    Me neither...
    Be sure to have the Silent toggle switch on the Pre disabled, and volume turned up. Does not play through earpieces. however, does play through speaker or through headset only if the Silent switch is disabled.

Am using gDial Pro v0.9.1
    Thanks. Actually, I only had email setup. I should setup SMS.

Re: GDial Pro, I had to manually Refresh before I get the alert. Am I missing something?
    I'm not sure. When testing, I noticed that GDial Pro didn't immediately send updates when I got new vm, but eventually (without refreshing), I got the updates. Try just waiting. If that doesn't work, post on here, and I'll dig around at settings and see if I had to set something up (these days, I tend to forget exactly what I've done to make something work... sigh...)
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    when i forward a call to GV and the call is "unknown" number GV decides to ring all my phones....this is not true if the caller has presented ID.

any ideas how i can get this to my GV mailbox like callers with ID.
    An SMS or an Email. Or both.
    any invites available? Getting more curious about this....

---Edit -- Got an invite (two actually, so I'll be returning one to hp). Thanks everyone!!

Much appreciated if anyone has an invite to spare. If not, I'll wait until Google gets around to sending me one directly.
    Last edited by greenawayj; 11/11/2009 at 05:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by deparson View Post
    Also, if I got 50 VMs while my battery was dead that would be another issue altogether
    It's not just 50 VMs... but it's 50 forwarded calls that make it to your VM. Instant minute!

If your phone's off for a day... and somebody manages to call and see your phone's off... they're gonna call back. One person might call you 10 times when your phone's off to see when it gets turned back on. If you've only got 450 Anytime minutes... it's just something to consider.

So I'm just saying that during peak hours -- be careful that you have spare batteries, make sure the phone is always in grabbing distance, and take it easy on ignoring your wannabe friends.
    gdial pro for me is useless, no history, no vm notifications, no way to check vm in the app, is it just me?
    If anyone has a spare invite, it'd be much appreciated =)

(Do you guys love this community as much as I do?!)
    Quote Originally Posted by cstam View Post
    This is actually really imporant, mine wouldn't work while roaming either. Now it works. However, now when I'm roaming and someone calls my sprint number it doesn't ring on my phone it just goes to my google voicemail. but if I dial my google voice number the call goes through just fine.... If I can't get calls to my regular number while on roaming the forwarding is pretty worthless.
    I spent almost 2 hours on the phone this afternoon with about 4 total people from Sprint Advanced Technical Support. None of them knew what Google Voice was, and only one even knew what *28 did. They made it so my phone wouldnt ring, ruined my Sprint VM, etc. Not a great experience. 2 hours later, I'm back to where I started... at least my phone rings and goes to my Sprint VM again.

This was all because *28 wouldnt work for me. But now I read this, and I realize... I've been roaming this whole time (I roam while at my house). I'm going to get in the car and drive to the nearest Sprint area to see if that is all it takes. If so... this is VERY IMPORTANT for rural users to know!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    gdial pro for me is useless, no history, no vm notifications, no way to check vm in the app, is it just me?
    That would be just you. I have all of the above.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coachgs View Post
    I spent almost 2 hours on the phone this afternoon with about 4 total people from Sprint Advanced Technical Support. None of them knew what Google Voice was, and only one even knew what *28 did. They made it so my phone wouldnt ring, ruined my Sprint VM, etc. Not a great experience. 2 hours later, I'm back to where I started... at least my phone rings and goes to my Sprint VM again.

This was all because *28 wouldnt work for me. But now I read this, and I realize... I've been roaming this whole time (I roam while at my house). I'm going to get in the car and drive to the nearest Sprint area to see if that is all it takes. If so... this is VERY IMPORTANT for rural users to know!
    so you're roaming? *28 on the network you're actually on must do something different. that sucks.
    I deleted and reinstalled gdial pro but it still does nothinf. What gives